Donald Trump In Support Of Autism Awareness Day

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Zack1994
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2019, 1:25 pm

What's you all's opinion of Donald Trump's support of Autism Awareness Day? Do you think he supports Autistics or am against them?

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 1:39 pm

I know people have suggested that he possibly is autistic. Not like he has been diagnosed, but how he just blurts words out without any fear of how those words may be perceived by others. Not all autistic do that, but it is a symptom of autism. I even do that, I belive in being honest so I tend to say things people don't like, personal things that people normally don't discuss, I can even do this with strangers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 1:52 pm

Zack1994 wrote:
What's you all's opinion of Donald Trump's support of Autism Awareness Day? ...
WHAT support?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 1:57 pm

Fnord wrote:
Zack1994 wrote:
WHAT support?

I guess this. Presidents sign these proclimations constantly. I bet most of the time they don't even read them.

I am just glad he has not so far gone after vaccinations, or constantly talk about autism as a horrible epidemic.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 1:59 pm

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 2:04 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Zack1994 wrote:
WHAT support?
... Presidents sign these proclamations constantly. I bet most of the time they don't even read them. I am just glad he has not so far gone after vaccinations, or constantly talk about autism as a horrible epidemic.
So basically, he supports Autism Awareness Day with the presidential equivalent of "Thoughts & Prayers". :roll:

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 2:17 pm

I wonder why people get so defensive with statements like autism is an epidemic? Happiness could be an epidemic, or does epidemic have some sort of negative attachment within the definition? Also, people are very social creatures, thus having a disorder which makes social encounters difficult is a disadvantage, not for all, definitely for the majority with autism. It hasn't been fun for me, I would much rather not have fears of social encounters. Also, I wonder if autism is actually spreading more or is it just that diagnosis has became easier thus more people are being diagnosed?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 2:21 pm

epidemic (n): (1) An outbreak of disease that spreads quickly and affects many individuals at the same time; (2) an outbreak or product of sudden rapid spread, growth, or development.

The first definition is what most people will think of when they hear the word "epidemic".

Ever seen the movie "Contagion"?

Scary stuff.

Zack1994
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2019, 2:24 pm

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 2:30 pm

Zack1994 wrote:
Well, it's better than nothing, I'll give you that.

eilishbillie987
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2019, 3:11 pm

its probably bipartisan . should be global too.. what goes on everyday in finland high schools

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 1:49 am

As Trump supports the ugly lie that autism is caused by vaccines, I give his support a -10.

eilishbillie987
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Apr 2019, 3:14 am

so what are the causes of autism

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 9:16 am

Autism and many other things (allergies, ADHD, freckles) do tend to show up around the same time as all those vaccines like the MMR. Who is to say one doesn’t cause the other, but likely it’s a coincidence. I don’t blame people for wondering. It really is harder to be an autistic person in the world than a non-autistic person. It’s also harder to be smarter, and more handsome. It doesn’t have to be negative, but it’s not always an easy road.

I want to point out that the word “awareness” is used. Which I like a lot.

And I agree, the president does blurt out things sometimes. I do that myself and I am not autistic. We all make social goofs.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 9:20 am

eilishbillie987 wrote:
so what are the causes of autism
I have a long, long list of alleged causes. The list is so long that the mods might not like it. Suffice to say that just about everything you can imagine has been "linked" (by correlation, not causation) to autism, thus inspiring most of us to be extremely skeptical regarding the latest news.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 9:31 am

He's not autistic, he's a megalomaniac.

An autistic person would not be able to brainwash an entire country into supporting their textbook racist agenda the way Trump has. Our social skills suck too much for that