What's up with all the conservatives on here?

Page 1 of 19 [ 293 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 7:11 am

You do know conservatives don't think highly of people on the autism spectrum, right? Or hell, anyone else that's not a straight white neurotypical Christian male.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 8:19 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
You do know conservatives don't think highly of people on the autism spectrum, right? Or hell, anyone else that's not a straight white neurotypical Christian male.
That's a mighty broad brush you're painting with. Are you sure you can support it?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 9:22 am

I think you’re confusing “conservative” with “ultra conservative.”

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 10:19 am

People have a variety of political views and not all of us fit into neat "political packages." I consider myself a libertarian because I generally support free market policies, free social expression, fewer government programs, and lower taxes. However, some libertarians would rip into me for thinking open borders are impractical and that legalization of marijuana requires more careful thought (I'm neither for it nor against it).

Now some of my views overlap with the package known as "conservative." I certainly don't hate anyone who is not straight white NT male, and doubt most people who are "conservatives" do either.

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 May 2019, 10:24 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

I'm gonna say more later in another post, but thank you for creating this thread since I was hesitant to do it myself. It's indeed pretty baffling to me for the reason you say, but for alot of others too. We on the spectrum are an oppressed community like all disabled people are and being supportive of other oppressed peoples is a big part of how we will get supported as well and politically being progressive and on the left is consistent with that. Being conservative is not for the most part so you're right.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 10:27 am

Which party do you consider are the conservatives in the US ?

conservatives to me are usually the party that cater to the rich.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 10:45 am

SaveFerris wrote:

Both parties cater to the rich in the U.S.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 10:55 am

Personally, I like "progressive" better than "reactionary."

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 10:57 am

I didn't function well until age 36, failed at most endeavors, called stupid, people laughed at me, fired from many jobs.

I am way, way, way behind.

I am close to age 50, and I really need to keep (conserve) the money I earn.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 11:10 am

VegetableMan wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

Sod em both then :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 11:26 am

SaveFerris wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

Sod em both then :lol:

Exactly. A vote for candidates from either party is a vote to maintain the corptocracy.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 12:04 pm

Conservatism: A political and social philosophy promoting traditional social institutions in the context of culture and civilization. The central tenets of conservatism include capitalism (e.g., free markets), limited government, tradition, rule of law, isolationism, nationalism, hierarchy, authority, gun rights and property rights.

Liberalism: A political and moral philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed, and equality before the law. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but they generally support individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), democracy, secularism, gender equality, racial equality, internationalism and globalism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, and freedom of religion.

Both liberals and conservatives also support the New Feudalism, wherein only the wealthy make the rules that only the poor should follow.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 12:12 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

Neither do liberal politicians. When will people get neither side gives a s**t about us or anyone . They care about money and power that’s it. When you vote you need to go in with that mindset and seek their real reason for supporting certain policies and then decide who to vote for knowing that both of them are horrible and will hurt you.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 12:15 pm

Fnord wrote:
Conservatism: A political and social philosophy promoting traditional social institutions in the context of culture and civilization. The central tenets of conservatism include capitalism (e.g., free markets), limited government, tradition, rule of law, isolationism, nationalism, hierarchy, authority, gun rights and property rights.

Liberalism: A political and moral philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed, and equality before the law. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but they generally support individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), democracy, secularism, gender equality, racial equality, internationalism and globalism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, and freedom of religion.

Both liberals and conservatives also support the New Feudalism, wherein only the wealthy make the rules that only the poor should follow.

The definition no longer applies to modern liberals.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 12:18 pm

I feel the Democrats are overdoing it with the impeachment thing----but I do want Trump out of there on 1/20/2021.

Even another Republican would be a better alternative than Trump. A Republican who makes sense, and who is maybe into gun rights. There's nothing wrong with "the right to bear arms." I just feel guns should be regulated.

Somebody who doesn't go all baby, and call people names via Twitter when he doesn't get his way.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2019, 12:28 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I feel the Democrats are overdoing it with the impeachment thing----but I do want Trump out of there on 1/20/2021.

Even another Republican would be a better alternative than Trump. A Republican who makes sense, and who is maybe into gun rights. There's nothing wrong with "the right to bear arms." I just feel guns should be regulated.

Somebody who doesn't go all baby, and call people names via Twitter when he doesn't get his way.

Paul Ryan . Is way way way worse then trump. He’s the one pushing to get rid of social security, Medicaid and Medicaid and any other welfare, so you sure trumps so bad?

Get use to 4 more years of trump and free America then you guys can have your 8 years of Democrats to destroy the bill of rights and constitution and turn our nation into a dictator hell, where we have no rights and questioning the party gets you sent to a reeducation camp to be killed.

Guns are already regulated, you have thousands of gun laws. And on of them work. We have 1/100th if our original gun rights and you claim they aren’t regulated is just a lie pure and simple. Not one more crappy gun law not one more stripping of our rights. Be happy with what you got and glad we haven’t removed them like many think we should.
It’s f*****g ridiculous maybe we should regulate voting more so people who want to strip our rights can’t vote. Enemies of the constitution and bill of rights are traitors and traitors should be hung not voting. Treason is the nations highest crime.