Page 1 of 11 [ 173 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 11:53 pm

The BLM is portrayed by the media all the time as anti-Trump, and for Joe Biden, but I thought that BLM was about black lives matter and wanting justice for brutality against black people. Since Trump doesn't have anything to with that, why does it matter if a BLM is pro-Trump or not?

That's like saying well if you are a Christian, you can only vote for a certain leader, or something like that, for example.

Unless I am wrong and the BLM has a rule that you cannot vote for Trump?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 12:05 am

ironpony wrote:
The BLM is portrayed by the media all the time as anti-Trump, and for Joe Biden, but I thought that BLM was about black lives matter and wanting justice for brutality against black people. Since Trump doesn't have anything to with that, why does it matter if a BLM is pro-Trump or not?

That's like saying well if you are a Christian, you can only vote for a certain leader, or something like that, for example.

Trump is just fanning the flames...he hasn't even so much acknowledged police brutality in general, let alone how it disportionately effects black people. So why would someone involved with BLM vote for Trump exactly?

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 12:27 am

Oh maybe they like other things about him other than than him not commenting one just one situation though, wouldn't they?

Plus Biden only started commenting on it, after BLM rose in power, so does it really count as him saying things about police brutality, when he is only talking about it, after BLM, in order to get votes?

Plus I don't think it's the President's job to acknowledge police brutality persay. That is more of an state issue where it's occurring and that responsiblity lies more on mayors, governors and district attorneys, I think. So I don't know if its Trump's job to make comments on that persay, unless I am wrong.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 12:51 am

ironpony wrote:

Because Trump is a white supremist and a racist and also a xenophobic so why would they support him?

Trump has also created drama, told too many lies and made protesters out to be the bad guys when all they are doing is fighting for civil rights and he has added fuel to the fire by trying to silence everyone by sending in troops and claiming we have terrorists in our town. And people buy into his BS.

If a BLM person also claimed to be a Trumper, I would wonder what is their agenda and why would they support him and still support BLM, that is contradictory. Maybe they are just trolling to rile people up I would assume. Maybe they are pretending to be BLM.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 1:46 am

BLM aren't really pro either of them, but the Dems have showed they're on board with the rioting, so I guess BLM are supporting the Dems in an effort to further their own agenda.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 2:47 am

Because Trump would never do anything to meet the needs of BLM. The Make America Great Again slogan pretty much means go back to a time when black people were further discriminated against, and every time he is faced with the topic he makes up some s**t that white people are more discriminated against, or rightfully pointed out that the Joe Biden help bring in a tough on crime law that made things a problem. Never really looking at how Trump's rhetoric of tough on crime would be that he wants to do even worse. It is like asking some Jewish people why they wouldn't vote for Hitler if they don't want to bring Germany back to glory days, when it is kind of obvious how he is against them.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 3:05 am

Republicans don't believe in government involvement in people's lives and BLM for sure want government to make radical changes to Society.

I would agree Biden being on the side of black people is the comedic skit of the century.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 8:06 am

Oh okay, but you would think that the BLM would be more republican though, because the BLM hates the government for what they have done, so why would they want to rely on a government they don't like to make changes? Therefore you think the BLM would be more republican and not want government involvement.

As for Trump being a racist, what did he do that was racist? I'm not American so I don't follow the politics as much, but am just wanting to know more about the situation :).

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 8:34 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay, but you would think that the BLM would be more republican though, because the BLM hates the government for what they have done, so why would they want to rely on a government they don't like to make changes? Therefore you think the BLM would be more republican and not want government involvement.

As for Trump being a racist, what did he do that was racist? I'm not American so I don't follow the politics as much, but am just wanting to know more about the situation :).
It would be nice if a lot of people embraced the republican party and it would be nice if a lot of republicans would be more decent.It's sad people naively believe leftist stereotypes about republicans but often republicans act bad and perpetuate them.
So the republican party is not perfect but it's sad more don't see there the best option in an imperfect world.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 10:08 am

ironpony wrote:

No, BLM does not tell its members what candidate to vote for. But why vote for the candidate that used Federal troops and officers against your movement? Why vote for a candidate that is against your position to address police bias against the Black community? Why vote for a candidate that is supportive or at least ambivalent to white supremacy?

As far as religious voting blocks, they also vote for their interests. That is why candidates court them. Evangelicals have a traditional bias towards voting for Republican candidates.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 10:10 am

ironpony wrote:

He uses racist tropes and signals. If you want to know more about this, Google Reagan's "Southern Strategy." Race has been an important driver in our politics since the founding of the nation.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 10:18 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Republicans don't believe in government involvement in people's lives

Is that why Republicans increased surveillance powers, law enforcement, laws curbing collective bargaining, worker's rights, reproductive rights, etc? The focus on government control is just different from Democrats. Fun fact, the two largest departments in terms of budgets are the Department of Defense and Department of Homeland Security, two traditional areas of Republican priorities.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 10:20 am

Jiheisho wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

Is that why Republicans increased surveillance powers, law enforcement, laws curbing collective bargaining, worker's rights, reproductive rights, etc? The focus on government control is just different from Democrats. Fun fact, the two largest departments in terms of budgets are the Department of Defense and Department of Homeland Security, two traditional areas of Republican priorities.
If you read my post,you saw I said the republicans are not always decent.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 10:26 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Jiheisho wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:

If you read my post,you saw I said the republicans are not always decent.

I am answering your claim in the quote. That has nothing about being decent. Republican priorities can be valid. All I am doing is pointing out that Republicans believe in "Big Government" just as much as Democrats. The priorities are just different.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 10:31 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh maybe they like other things about him other than than him not commenting one just one situation though, wouldn't they?

Plus Biden only started commenting on it, after BLM rose in power, so does it really count as him saying things about police brutality, when he is only talking about it, after BLM, in order to get votes?

Plus I don't think it's the President's job to acknowledge police brutality persay. That is more of an state issue where it's occurring and that responsiblity lies more on mayors, governors and district attorneys, I think. So I don't know if its Trump's job to make comments on that persay, unless I am wrong.

Sure that's not the only thing.

Also, if its to the point people are rioting in the streets, then its something the president may want to address in such a way to maybe diffuse things...but no president Trump just glorifies the police even defends their brutality and says white supremacists having marchers are 'very fine people' and basically just laughs racism and police brutality.

He has kind of let his true colors show already...and from what I understand about BLM I can see why they aren't fond of him or pence who threw a fit about football players kneeling during the anthem, for that matter.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 10:41 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
BLM aren't really pro either of them, but the Dems have showed they're on board with the rioting, so I guess BLM are supporting the Dems in an effort to further their own agenda.

That is a lie though, the democrats are not 'on board' with rioting. Find one quote of a democrat who's in office that has promoted rioting and post a link.

Also BLM doesn't support rioting, they encourage people to remain peaceful. Not to mention the police themselves have purposely escalated situations in ways that make it more likely for people to riot, by coming in with tear gas and rubber bullets(multiple people have had head injuries from these projectiles being fired at their head by police) yeah if you came to protest peacefully and now there's tear gas and rubber bullets flying around with cops beating on protestors you might lose your cool a little. Last I have read the majority of protests are still peaceful and the riots make a small percent of the larger protests.