Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 11:39 am

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 12:09 pm

I am curious to see how his spin team will try to weasel out of this one.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 4:00 pm

Trump says he lost then I think he won. :lol:

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 3:58 am

Trump can make any sort of admission, but the damage is done. His MAGA cult will always believe he had actually won, but had been cheated out of the White House.
His claim that he believed he had initially won because he had been told he needed so many millions of votes is pure bunk. He always knew he had lost, but he didn't want to be known as a loser.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 4:34 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump can make any sort of admission, but the damage is done. His MAGA cult will always believe he had actually won, but had been cheated out of the White House.
His claim that he believed he had initially won because he had been told he needed so many millions of votes is pure bunk. He always knew he had lost, but he didn't want to be known as a loser.

He will go back to they stole the election from me shortly. How many times have we seen the aides get him to say normal things only to revert to being himself within a day or two? If he loses there will be another attempted insurrection. What form it will take I do not know. I would not expect them to try and storm the capital during certification again. The capital will not be improperly guarded this time. Biden or whatever Democrat is actually running the country will see to that. Hopefully all the prosecutions and convictions will act as a deterrent to enough people.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 4:42 am

I don't see much of a smoking gun there. Technically it looks like an admission but they'll just say he didn't mean it in that way, he just meant he lost in the eyes of the corrupt or gullible, he lost a game against a cheat, or whatever. I don't think the matter will be taken very seriously and will soon be forgotten.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 9:27 am

I feel they should mount 50 caliber machine guns at the white house in case his cronies try and pull the same stunt again. Let everybody know this precaution has been taken; if they still want to storm the capital it will be at their own risk.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2024, 3:55 pm

Aspinator wrote:
I feel they should mount 50 caliber machine guns at the white house in case his cronies try and pull the same stunt again. Let everybody know this precaution has been taken; if they still want to storm the capital it will be at their own risk.

I was beyond shocked that after 9/11 there was security was as lax as it was on 1/6. Even as a 60-something white guy who uses a cane, I would have expected to be riddled with bullets if I kept on approaching the capital without stopping. Besides being post 9-11 everybody knew the certification vote was extremely controversial. I remember posting an article the night before saying they expected a lot of trouble. I was very nervous that night, why weren't they? The last thing I expected to see was MAGA's walking through the capital like they owned the place which for a few hours they did.

Harmonie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2024, 4:30 pm

He'll say that, but then he'll say otherwise later. Note that this man and his followers do not operate in consistent reality. Whatever Trump says, it becomes the truth to them. Thus, later on when he says that he won the 2020 election and that he never said otherwise, it'll be the "truth" that he never said otherwise. :wall:

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 12:17 pm

Why he admit it after 4 years? If something happened 4 years ago, TIME TO MOVE ON, he was mentally crazy to be in denial this long.

Harmonie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2024, 1:20 pm

He denied that he ever said that he lost in the debate last night. His base will believe him. SMDH.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 2:23 pm

That is why I didn't watch the debate last night; to Trump truth is optional.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2024, 3:46 pm

Aspinator wrote:
That is why I didn't watch the debate last night; to Trump truth is optional.

But it was worth watching, because Harris mopped the floor with him.