Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2024, 7:12 pm

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2024, 8:07 pm

The OP's Youtube video -- by Shirvan Neftchi, an Azerbaijani (Muslim) producer -- is what's called "Speculative Journalism" at best, and "Anti-Zionist Propaganda" at worst.  Obvious bias is obvious.

Never let a Youtube video do your thinking for you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 2:13 am

Fnord wrote:
The OP's Youtube video -- by Shirvan Neftchi, an Azerbaijani (Muslim) producer -- is what's called "Speculative Journalism" at best, and "Anti-Zionist Propaganda" at worst.  Obvious bias is obvious.

Actually, the Caspian Report YouTube channel features dispassionate analysis of the economic and military-strategic assets and liabilities of various countries, including Israel.

See, for example, Why Israel has a terrible geography -- which is consistent with what I've been told by my partner, who has visited Israel in-person. Among other things, this video explains why it would be suicidal for Israel to give up control of the West Bank, which is one of the reasons why Israel will never accept a "two-state solution."

The video posted by funeralxempire, What is Israel’s endgame for Gaza?, is about the infrastructure Israel is now building in Gaza to facilitate a permanent occupation of various "corridors"/"buffer zones" that will split Gaza into multiple disconnected parts, similar to the way that Palestine in the West Bank is split up. Regarding one of these corridors, see the Wikipedia article on the Netzarim Corridor, and see also also Israeli road splitting Gaza in two has reached the Mediterranean coast, satellite imagery shows, CNN, March 8, 2024. For more about what Israel has been doing in Gaza, besides just killing lots of people and destroying lots of civilian infrastructure, see War on Gaza: While eyes are on Rafah, Israel is cementing control of northern Gaza by Ameer Makhoul, Middle East Eye, 25 March 2024.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 3:11 am

Fnord wrote:

Predictably contentless response.

Attack the messenger and deploy a tactical thought-terminating cliché to seal the deal, but certainly never engage with the content because that might force you to actually consider a perspective beyond your own biases. I'm sorry I introduced badthink into your information stream. Without that kneejerk dismissal it might have accidentally caused you to have to consider if Israel reasonably deserves to be perceived as the designated good guys as they engage in what amounts to turning Gaza into concentration camps.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 4:35 am

I normally trust the Caspian Report as an informative channel. I've watched multiple videos from that before. The video though, doesn't say anything about Israel's actual plans for Gaza beyond the construction of those two corridors. It may be that they're planning long term checkpoints in the event that Hamas remains a threat. (Actually, that's pretty much what he says in video).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 5:20 am

Jono wrote:
. . . The video though, doesn't say anything about Israel's actual plans for Gaza beyond the construction of those two corridors. . .

Like I said, it is "Speculative Journalism" at best -- milk and honey for conspiracy theorists and Anti-Zionists.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 8:46 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Actually, the Caspian Report YouTube channel features dispassionate analysis of the economic and military-strategic assets and liabilities of various countries, including Israel.

See, for example, Why Israel has a terrible geography -- which is consistent with what I've been told by my partner, who has visited Israel in-person. Among other things, this video explains why it would be suicidal for Israel to give up control of the West Bank, which is one of the reasons why Israel will never accept a "two-state solution."

I saw that vid about "Israel's geographic plight". Makes one sympathetic to Israel. In the vid in the op he reports on facts that are unflattering to Israel. I dont see a pattern of bias there.

And as you're saying the actions reported are similar to what Israel has long done on the West Bank.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 9:26 am

Jono wrote:
I normally trust the Caspian Report as an informative channel. I've watched multiple videos from that before. The video though, doesn't say anything about Israel's actual plans for Gaza beyond the construction of those two corridors. It may be that they're planning long term checkpoints in the event that Hamas remains a threat. (Actually, that's pretty much what he says in video).

Not just two corridors, but a possible total of five corridors, if I remember correctly. The video also says that Israel most likely plans to hinder movement between the sections of Gaza separated by the corridors.

This would be similar to the ways that movement of Palestinians is hindered in the West Bank, and would have the effect of economically strangling Gaza even more than it was strangled already before the current war.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 7:01 pm

Fnord wrote:

Gosh! That would be a scathing and meaningful takedown if that YouTube video were the only source suggesting that!

Another Zionist demonstrates their reflexive need to dismiss any Muslim opinion that does not accept the apartheid state. As has been stated, Caspian Report is a largely dispassionate current events channel. Furthermore, since you mention he is from Azerbaijan, I feel the need to point out that Israel has largely positive relations with Azerbaijan. It supports Azerbaijan as a counterbalance to Iran and has supported Azerbaijan in the ethnic cleansing of ethnic Armenians (Israel sees ethnic cleansing and jumps up and says "Need any help with that?").

There are any number of other sources which concur that Israel's prison system and detention centers amount to genocidal concentration camps.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

Last edited by roronoa79 on 09 Oct 2024, 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 7:02 pm

Fnord wrote:

Bro wants to be seen as credible but doesn't even know Israel and Azerbaijan have good ties before puking up an uninformed reflexive dismissal.

Never let an ignoramus do your thinking for you.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 7:43 pm

"Oh, they want to take away our ability to transport and hide our Iranian missiles! That makes them evil!! !"

Boo freaking hoo.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 9:45 pm

old_comedywriter wrote:
"Oh, they want to take away our ability to transport and hide our Iranian missiles! That makes them evil!! !"

Boo freaking hoo.

That may be Israel's motive, but the effects go way beyond that. Please educate yourself on what life has been like for Palestinians living under occupation. Perhaps you could start with some of the resources I posted in the thread What life is like for Palestinians.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2024, 9:50 pm

Hmmm...

Just now learned from Wiki that Israel and Azerbijan are indeed buddy-buddy. Or at least pretend to be. And Israel does favor the Muslim former soviet republic over its former SSR Christian neighbor, Armenia, in the nagoro-karabach war...and supplies artillery.

Azerbijan has an ancient Jewish population, generally apes its larger role model (long time NATO member Turkey)in foreign policy, and has a mutual hatred and fear of Iran (Iran fears A because of Iran's large ethnic Azeri minority) which is probably the biggest reason the Azeris and Israel are tacit allies.

Interesting.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2024, 12:23 am

Eventually Gaza should become a UN monitored zone like Cyprus was.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2024, 3:47 am

The video does not mention concentration camps. It mentions super surveillance occupiers.

In order to have an endgame of concentration camps they actually have to care about Palestinians. There is a lot of talk about creating settlements in Gaza but do you hear of actual plans for the Palestinians' settlements that would be displaced? Pretty much every Israeli source I have read or listened to left or right says in one way or another says "We don't care". Israel's actions in regard to the Palestinians are mostly ad hoc reactions. This was true back in the Nabka. According to historian Benny Morris while there was deliberate ethnic cleansing it was individual commanders deciding to cleanse individual towns there was no grand plan. The reaction since 10/7 has been the same. This is where Hamas and Hezbollah are located, bomb them.

Again I point you to Ori Goldberg

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2024, 3:55 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The reaction since 10/7 has been the same.  This is where Hamas and Hezbollah are located, bomb them.

Seems to be an effective strategy so far.