Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2024, 4:38 pm

If you find yourself wondering why so many Israelis are proud of their nation's genocidal behaviour, this might help explain why.

Just like other genocidal ethnostates, it starts with how the kids are educated.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2024, 11:14 pm

not strictly anti-semitic but certainly aghast at the beastly behavior going on down there.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2024, 11:15 pm

Demonstrating that education (i.e. indoctrination) is a major factor in the current genocide Israel is committing, as it has been for other countries that engaged in horrific behavior, doesn’t mean that one is antisemitic. No country’s political choices, including genocide and ethnic cleansing, nor their educational system(s) should be above scrutiny or criticism.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2024, 12:09 am

I think this genocidal hated goes both ways in that part of the world. Palestinian children under Hamas would be exposed to the same kind of race and religious hatred as have been Israeli children. Neither side is either entirely guilty or entirely innocent.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2024, 1:28 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I think this genocidal hated goes both ways in that part of the world. Palestinian children under Hamas would be exposed to the same kind of race and religious hatred as have been Israeli children. Neither side is either entirely guilty or entirely innocent.

I wouldn't disagree with that, however there's two major differences; most people are aware of Hamas and other entities producing that sort of content, while Israel's indoctrination is less widely discussed; the Palestinians have been slowly facing an existential crisis in the face of Israel's actions, Israel is not facing a similar situation but often uses the hypothetical that they could as justification for continuing to keep the Palestinians in their situation.

And it seems as long as the settlements continue to encroach on the small amount of land that the Palestinians ended up their fears will continue to be valid. People moved in, kicked them off of more than half of their lands through a campaign of terror, have taken more since then and are open about their desire to take all of it (like why they don't show Palestine on the map in Israeli schools).

The Israeli right, the settlers and those who enable them have zero intention of ever honouring a two-state solution, their goal is to steal all of Palestine. Palestinians aren't wrong to fear these people and what they're doing as quickly as they can get away with it. They're the aggressor, always have been. It's time for the world to take their actions seriously, they're not the victim but they've managed to con a lot of people into imagining otherwise.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2024, 4:01 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I wouldn't disagree with that, however there's two major differences; most people are aware of Hamas and other entities producing that sort of content, while Israel's indoctrination is less widely discussed; the Palestinians have been slowly facing an existential crisis in the face of Israel's actions, Israel is not facing a similar situation but often uses the hypothetical that they could as justification for continuing to keep the Palestinians in their situation.

And it seems as long as the settlements continue to encroach on the small amount of land that the Palestinians ended up their fears will continue to be valid. People moved in, kicked them off of more than half of their lands through a campaign of terror, have taken more since then and are open about their desire to take all of it (like why they don't show Palestine on the map in Israeli schools).

The Israeli right, the settlers and those who enable them have zero intention of ever honouring a two-state solution, their goal is to steal all of Palestine. Palestinians aren't wrong to fear these people and what they're doing as quickly as they can get away with it. They're the aggressor, always have been. It's time for the world to take their actions seriously, they're not the victim but they've managed to con a lot of people into imagining otherwise.

I agree. I've long heard of the Israeli right, and the religious fanatic settlers. More recently, a Lutheran minister I know, who I suspect had been unshakably Pro-Israeli due to his conservative political and religious views, had made a trip to the Holy Land. He came back with a perception of things that is definitely Anti-Israeli right. He told me how Palestinian farmers have been denied use of water, leaving their crops to die, while Israelis can freely dump garbage on Palestinian land.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2024, 10:15 pm

Why are Israelis celebrating soldiers who post their abuse of Gaza’s Palestinians online? - Analysis

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2024, 10:32 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Why are Israelis celebrating soldiers who post their abuse of Gaza’s Palestinians online? - Analysis

Anyone ridiculing the pain of another, no matter who they are, is indefensible.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2024, 7:05 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Just like other genocidal ethnostates, it starts with how the kids are educated.

You mean like the USA, Canada and Australia? Ever wonder where Nazi Germany got their inspiration?
Once upon a time your grandpa's generation probably thought they also lived in a "white" ethnostate.

But if we can now call ourselves the good guys I'm not really sure how much better we are than Jewish civilians.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2024, 1:56 pm

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

You mean like the USA, Canada and Australia? Ever wonder where Nazi Germany got their inspiration?
Once upon a time your grandpa's generation probably thought they also lived in a "white" ethnostate.

But if we can now call ourselves the good guys I'm not really sure how much better we are than Jewish civilians.

Did you watch the video? You're not comparing apples to apples CD.

Schools in the US, Canada and Australia have never made teaching the idea that indigenous peoples were a threat that must be eliminated and that this behaviour is justified because of what we've been through at the hands of other people.

You're just flat-out being dishonest in your framing CD, although that's typical of Israel supporters.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2024, 1:27 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Schools in the US, Canada and Australia have never made teaching the idea that indigenous peoples were a threat that must be eliminated and that this behaviour is justified because of what we've been through at the hands of other people..

Off topic but when I was in school I was taught that indigenous people attacked settlers. Not surprisingly it was the same way history was taught to American kids because "Cowboys Vs Indians" set's a narrative that Indian wars involved bands of Indians attacking "innocent" white settlers, No prizes who the good guys were.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2024, 4:17 am

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Schools in the US, Canada and Australia have never made teaching the idea that indigenous peoples were a threat that must be eliminated and that this behaviour is justified because of what we've been through at the hands of other people..

Off topic but when I was in school I was taught that indigenous people attacked settlers. Not surprisingly it was the same way history was taught to American kids because "Cowboys Vs Indians" set's a narrative that Indian wars involved bands of Indians attacking "innocent" white settlers, No prizes who the good guys were.

Unfortunately, that was pretty much the perception of things for a very long time.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2024, 5:01 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Unfortunately, that was pretty much the perception of things for a very long time.

FE is suggesting there was no basis for US cavalry attacking indigenous people. Almost all the indigenous people fought back and targeted settlers. It's almost not even worth debating, I still remember one John Wayne movie where the US cavalry were scrutinising an captured "injun" who was imploring his captors that he was a "good injun". the concept obviously meant to the audience that indians were the antagonists.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2024, 2:10 pm

^^^
To be sure, that was true. We still shouldn't go overboard on the other side of the argument, as atrocities committed by the Apache were infamous, not just perpetrated on white settlers and soldiers, but also on other Native Americans.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2024, 1:41 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
To be sure, that was true. We still shouldn't go overboard on the other side of the argument, as atrocities committed by the Apache were infamous, not just perpetrated on white settlers and soldiers, but also on other Native Americans.

Yes, and terrible things were done by both sides. Let's not pretend scalping or killing women and children in settlements could be ignored by the US army. this doesn't (of course) excuse the subsequent genocide but retaliation was inevitable.

By the same token the Israeli population could not sit back when invasions (and notice how conveniently these aren't mentioned) were launched by numerically superior Arab countries for the sole purpose of wiping out Israel (from the river to the sea) and returning every square foot back to the Palestinians. this is not brainwashing, it is legitimate fear for the lives of their families and children. And By the way Palestinians are also brainwashed. Otherwise why would 44% of their population support armed intifada.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2024, 7:26 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^

Yes, and terrible things were done by both sides. Let's not pretend scalping or killing women and children in settlements could be ignored by the US army. this doesn't (of course) excuse the subsequent genocide but retaliation was inevitable.

By the same token the Israeli population could not sit back when invasions (and notice how conveniently these aren't mentioned) were launched by numerically superior Arab countries for the sole purpose of wiping out Israel (from the river to the sea) and returning every square foot back to the Palestinians. this is not brainwashing, it is legitimate fear for the lives of their families and children. And By the way Palestinians are also brainwashed. Otherwise why would 44% of their population support armed intifada.

How dare those Arab states attempt to take active measures against the refugee crisis caused by the terrorists responsible for the Nakba?

The Arab states had every right to intervene Palestine and attempt to prevent the expulsion of the Palestinian people by the Zionist terrorists.