This just in - JESUS can help us with our AS!! !!

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2006, 3:58 pm

on this page

http://www.watchofthelord.com/testimonies-insert.asp

"I want to share my testimony of faith. I have been coming to All Nations Church in Fort Mill since August when my three children and I moved from N.Y. this past year. My greatest expectations could not have held all that the Lord has begun in the lives of my children and in my heart since being faithful in this move! In September Pastor Mahesh called out during ministry time that there was someone with a child that was developmentally disabled was diagnosed as autistic. I went up for prayer for my 4 year old son who has been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome (a form of autism) who also has a seizure disorder and is developmentally delayed. The team had me get my son, and the word spoken over him was that it was going to be a progressive healing. I have indeed watched the Lord begin to manifest His Glorious healing Presence over the past few months! In fact the children’s worship leader told me what a change they were seeing in him! Amy P., SC Added 2/1/2005

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2006, 4:29 pm

Whatever works.

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2006, 6:37 pm

OH CRAP!! ! Good thing I looked at the link instead of just taking what you said on face value!! !

This Mahesh Chavda sounds like another Benny Hinn or John Edward. (AKA The Biggest Douche in the Universe)

These f#%king emotional predators make me sick!! ! How much do you want to make a bet that Mahesh Chavda chode lives in a miti-million dollar mansion while the sick people he tries to help just get sicker and sicker.

The only problem with being Athiest/Agnostic is that I don't believe in a 9th hell these Mother f#*kers can burn for eternity in!! !

Vinzer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2006, 7:28 pm

God is not a licensed doctor, and is therefore not allowed to be performing this kind of treatment. He should be sued for malpractice.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2006, 7:44 pm

LOL you actually believe that BS!! ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just a way for a bunch of poor fools to make $10,000,000,000
DO NOT BUY IT REPEAT DO NOT BUY IT!! !

Join the church of pepsi for free!! ! :)

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 12:37 am

Two Benny Hinn stories.
1.) My housemate had a relative that went to one of his 'healing crusades' or whatever the hell they call it, only to be told that the affliction that they had wasn't being cured today.

2.) When I was working at a gas station in Charlotte, Hinn had another one of his 'healing extravaganzas. A lot of people came in after the affair was over, including a family with a girl that Hinn had apparently 'healed'. --This girl went into a Grand Mal seizure outside the front door, and her family was freaking out about it.

What can I say.... Je$u$ $ave$. :roll:

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 3:19 am

When I was a teen being forced to go to church, the one thing that upset me the most was the sheer materialism of these people. On their healing drives and church visits Everything is geared to sell merchandise - books, CDs, videos of their sermons, and of course you have to pay a pretty dollar to go their seminars. This is the Pentecostal denomination.

Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 5:36 am

2 things
- AS does not need to be 'cured'
- This, and everything like this is absolute bs. Get fudged, you stinking lying deluded fanatics 8)

PlatypusMan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2006, 8:28 am

So they're "curing" autistics at churches now? I thought they were only out to kill them.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/08/25/autistic.boy.death/

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 8:39 am

God cures AS? Some mothers do have them, I tell thee. I remember two immigrant I met they said that god can cure me. They said that God has sent them to help me because I am an very unhappy person and lonely person. The thing is that they couldn’t have told me that I have AS because god didn’t tell them that I have AS.

If God had any sense, he would tall them not to marry their own cousins. One of them is going to marry one of theirs.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 8:54 am

Tom wrote:
When I was a teen being forced to go to church, the one thing that upset me the most was the sheer materialism of these people. On their healing drives and church visits Everything is geared to sell merchandise - books, CDs, videos of their sermons, and of course you have to pay a pretty dollar to go their seminars. This is the Pentecostal denomination.

Hm, what kind of people did the real Jesus drive away from the temple? :roll:

'Tis munny in my purse.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 10:04 pm

I think you are all being a bid hard on Tom. If it helps without doing any harm, then its good.

However, like the others, I am a sceptic.

You said
I went up for prayer for my 4 year old son who has been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome (a form of autism) who also has a seizure disorder and is developmentally delayed. The team had me get my son, and the word spoken over him was that it was going to be a progressive healing. I have indeed watched the Lord begin to manifest His Glorious healing Presence over the past few months

If he is developmentally delayed, then he wouldn't have AS would he? Possibly as he gets older he is naturally improving :?

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 11:14 pm

Quote:
... the sheer materialism of these people. ...Everything is geared to sell merchandise - books, CDs, videos of their sermons, and of course you have to pay a pretty dollar to go their seminars.....

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 12:08 am

One of my former students and now a very good friend of mine, (he's 25) all grown up now. Was non-verbal. his parents were told he would never speak and was advised to institutionalize him. He has autism. He could not communicate with his parents or anyone else. My Pastor at that time prayed over him and low and behold.....he never shuts up, but I wouldn't trade him for anything, oh yeah, he is a non-stop chatter box now and he is also Savant. If you need to travel anywhere....take him. He could not speak at all, and after prayer he began to speak.....and speak.....and speak......and speak.....and speak. He laughs about that whenever I bring it up.We both agreed that Pastor did a too good of job at praying over him.

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 8:04 am

SHOULD god make autistics more NT? I used to sot here whining baout how god makes people autistic in the first place, but now , i do not believe.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2006, 11:03 am

Tom.... If I may ask a question, why is autism such a bad thing? I mean, I might can understand for those who are severely low functioning, because their lives must really be hard... But aspies don't need a "cure".... The "cure" doesn't cost a nickel, it's as simple as society learning to treat us like any other human beings, and to get some type of understanding of our differences without putting us down as "disabled".
Everyone says we lack social skills.... Maybe not, maybe we just have a different kind of social skills that does not conform to the NT mind, just as yours does not fit into our minds. Things like this can be learned from, by both NTs and AS people, to further integrate. And, even if you do wanna claim we have lesser social skills, we certainly have generally higher intellectual and creative skills. Studies even suggest we might be the next stage of human evolution (though you may not believe in evolution).
Often in evolution, the transforming through the breeding proccess can leave some members in the proccess extremely....... screwed, for lack of a better word... This is what I call burn-off (I do not mean this to be offensive to lower functioning auties). It's merely evolution working out it's kinks to develope a more advanced model.