Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 10:26 pm

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/new_chemical_weapon_ennui_gas

If I managed to get my hands on some I would put it in the water.

Sure people would stop leaving their homes and the infrastructure would collapse… and maybe the human race will go extinct…

…but at least people will stop fighting over stubborn ideologies.

Okay. Maybe not such a good idea. :lol:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 11:11 pm

Although it is far less intense or quick acting, participating in discussions on the internet has more or less the same effect. Interminable discussions on politics and religion never convince anybody and highlight monstrous prejudices, ignorances and stupidities that are never remedied. Even this site which seems (at least to me) to exhibit a higher content of intelligence and people who seem to know a bit more than average brings characters out of the woodwork who are enslaved to the oddest idiocies and like a swarm of angry hornets make comparison of competing ideas a trial not worth the time or effort.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 11:33 pm

OK, here's at least a couple of solutions.

1) The US gets the hell out of the middle east and stops giving aid and succour to the Israelis. Tell them to look after themselves. Same with Iraq.

2) Get rid of the antiquated 2nd amendment on the right to bear arms, which was only ever meant for militias back in the early days of settlement. There is nothing in the legislation that says John Q Public has the right to carry a gun and do what he likes with it. That what armies and police are there for.

3) Everyone should become more tolerant toward everyone else and stop starting tin-pot wars because of stupid ideologies. People just get killed and it's all for nothing (perfect example Vietnam).

4) Change your reliance on oil for cars. Use ethanol from sugar-cane and LP Gas. Much cheaper and cleaner, and will maybe force the oil companies to stop gouging the bejesus out of everyone. Besides, if Brazil can do it, why not everyone else?

5) Help the needy. Don't give them money, give them the skills to be able to fix their own lives up. Each country's treasury has plenty to help in welfare and health, so spend it on finding places for the homeless and better healthcare.

6) And lastly, STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING AND THE GREENHOUSE EFFECT! If it is a natural cycle, it can't be stopped. If it was caused by man, then it can't be stopped anyway. Live with it and worry about fixing what you can in the present. The future will take care of itself.

Over to the rest.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 11:39 pm

Dream on.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 11:48 pm

I was when I wrote it. Then I woke up and realised the way the world is today, totally f****d, it would never happen.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 11:49 pm

Okay. This wasn't really supposed to be a serious thread. I was in a sardonic mood and found that article funny. I don't know what my point was supposed to be.

I'll go sulk now. I think I’m breathing the gas. Or it’s already in the water. We’re all doomed.

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 11:56 pm

marshall wrote:
Okay. This wasn't really supposed to be a serious thread. I was in a sardonic mood and found that article funny. I don't know what my point was supposed to be.

I'll go sulk now. I think I’m breathing the gas. Or it’s already in the water. We’re all doomed.

I saw the satire, but now, I see your puny ennui gas, and I raise you a...

Nuclear "free-for-all, match to the death" war. If everyone's dead, then no more problems :lol: :twisted:

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2008, 11:58 pm

isn't that just called pot?

eh, i think the world should just smoke a joint and chill out. or for the asthmatics, hash brownies (for the inexperienced: they taste normal).

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 12:01 am

The_Chosen_One wrote:
1) The US gets the hell out of the middle east and stops giving aid and succour to the Israelis. Tell them to look after themselves.

i think we've given them enough weapons to last them a decade before the surrounding areas catch up.

i know for damned sure we need to get the hell out of trying to pretend that we're going to somehow broker peace there when the israeli propaganda control machine is in such strong force here.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 2:02 pm

There is no one solution to all the world's problems. And even if there was, it could yield some unforeseen side-effects.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 2:10 pm

Nexus wrote:
marshall wrote:

I saw the satire, but now, I see your puny ennui gas, and I raise you a...

Nuclear "free-for-all, match to the death" war. If everyone's dead, then no more problems :lol: :twisted:

That's phase II of The Program...

Last edited by marshall on 05 Jun 2008, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 2:15 pm

skafather84 wrote:
isn't that just called pot?

eh, i think the world should just smoke a joint and chill out. or for the asthmatics, hash brownies (for the inexperienced: they taste normal).

But most of the world doesn't deserve to be happily complacent. I want people to suffer for their idiocy. :twisted:

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 2:23 pm

Quote:
But most of the world doesn't deserve to be happily complacent. I want people to suffer for their idiocy. :twisted:

Very good, but who we start with?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 2:24 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Quote:

Very good, but who do we start with?

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 2:26 pm

marshall wrote:
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/new_chemical_weapon_ennui_gas

If I managed to get my hands on some I would put it in the water.

Why bother? Liberalism is doing a terrific job of discouraging people already.
Just be patient, Comrade.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 3:56 pm

Another possible solution:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpy2ZBUo7yI[/youtube]