Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 10:07 pm

Which is the original savior and son of god?

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa5.htm

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

13 Dec 2008, 10:14 pm

we know. jesus is in a long line of messianic son gods

OrderAndChaos30
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Dec 2008, 12:07 am

There are substantial counter-arguments to this assertion:
http://stupidevilbastard.com/index/seb/ ... orus/P775/

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 2:31 pm

OrderAndChaos30 wrote:
There are substantial counter-arguments to this assertion:
http://stupidevilbastard.com/index/seb/ ... orus/P775/

Even so, the stories are very similar. The story of Jesus also shows extreme similarities to the hindu story of Krishna.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jckr1.htm

http://www.omjesus.net/index.htm

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/origen047.html

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 2:42 pm

Do you have any actual sources? I mean, I could just as easily make a website where I posted any claims I wanted on as much evidence. Those sites have about as much credibility as David Icke.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 2:46 pm

Orwell wrote:
Do you have any actual sources? I mean, I could just as easily make a website where I posted any claims I wanted on as much evidence. Those sites have about as much credibility as David Icke.

What do you consider an ACTUAL source? The sites that I've sited so far all have THEIR sources as well. And besides much of the reptilian crap, much of what David Icke says makes perfect sense IMO.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 2:53 pm

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
What do you consider an ACTUAL source? The sites that I've sited so far all have THEIR sources as well. And besides much of the reptilian crap, much of what David Icke says makes perfect sense IMO.

Ah right, I forgot who I was talking to. There are freemasons under our beds and in our closets. :roll:

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 2:59 pm

Orwell wrote:

Ah right, I forgot who I was talking to. There are freemasons under our beds and in our closets. :roll:

No, under MY bed there is a DEVIL and the big dude in the clouds who watches over us constantly must keep me safe from him. That is, unless the kind loving dude in the clouds sends me to a place where I'm TORTURED ETERNALLY! But seriously, what other SOURCES are needed to show you that the stories of Jesus, Krishna, and Horus are just the same story basically?

alba
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 3:13 pm

what about Melchizedek analogous to Horus?
another possible manifestation or incarnation of Melchizedek is Hermes Trismejistus.

bible mentions.... Jesus being in Order of Melchizedek ..[?]...his highest purpose patterned after, or in alignment, with Melchizedek..[?]

many hindus believe both Jesus and Buddha [Siddhartha Gautama] are incarnations of Krishna.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 3:26 pm

alba wrote:
another possible manifestation or incarnation of Melchizedek is Hermes Trismejistus.

bible mentions.... Jesus being in Order of Melchizedek ..[?]...his highest purpose patterned after, or in alignment, with Melchizedek..[?]

many hindus believe both Jesus and Buddha [Siddhartha Gautama] are incarnations of Krishna.

Perhaps they are. Or maybe there soooo many stories like those that share a similar storyline because they are all really based on astronomical and astrological basis? Maybe we shouldn't all be arrogantly bragging about how our faiths are the only true one and are gods are the only real ones since all religious myth is all based on the same thing? Maybe if people realized all this there wouldn't be so much atrocity caused in the name or religious belief?

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 4:15 pm

But seriously, what other SOURCES are needed to show you that the stories of Jesus, Krishna, and Horus are just the same story basically?

Any verifiable reference to primary sources which substantiate their claims, rather than "Oh, someone else typed this on the Internet before, so it must be true."

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 4:18 pm

Orwell wrote:
But seriously, what other SOURCES are needed to show you that the stories of Jesus, Krishna, and Horus are just the same story basically?

Any verifiable reference to primary sources which substantiate their claims, rather than "Oh, someone else typed this on the Internet before, so it must be true."

You mean like a BOOK source or something? I'm not sure still what you consider valid.

alba
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 4:32 pm

alba wrote:

Perhaps they are. Or maybe there soooo many stories like those that share a similar storyline because they are all really based on astronomical and astrological basis? Maybe we shouldn't all be arrogantly bragging about how our faiths are the only true one and are gods are the only real ones since all religious myth is all based on the same thing? Maybe if people realized all this there wouldn't be so much atrocity caused in the name or religious belief?

well it's definitely heading in the right direction....
people are capable of embracing truths different from those they stubbornly cling to...but usually that only happens in the presence of either an enlightened master or a charismatic trickster..

in many cases their stubborness may serve to insulate them from the latter..

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 4:44 pm

Orwell wrote:

You mean like a BOOK source or something? I'm not sure still what you consider valid.

Do you know what a primary source is? Something that can be backed up on primary sources is valid. Is that clear enough?

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 7:14 pm

Orwell wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Do you know what a primary source is? Something that can be backed up on primary sources is valid. Is that clear enough?

You want primary sources? Read the story of jesus in the bible. Then read the story of krishna from the hindu text. Then read the story of horus from ancient egyptian texts. Those are the most primary sources I can think of. You will see my point after reading them. I'm not trying to debunk peoples' religions per se. I was just showing how religious legends are just LEGENDS. The stories in the bible and such are just stories meant to teach lessons and morals. There's nothing wrong with someone getting inspiration from religion. It's when we take the myths and texts literally when it causes problems.

Legato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2008, 7:19 pm

Horus I disagree with having very many similarities with Jesus - most of it seems either fabricated or interpreted a certain way for the sole purpose of mocking Christianity.

Mithra on the other hand is objectively extremely similar to Jesus.

Mentioning Judah\Joseph and Judas\Jesus is usually a thought-provoker, too.

Religion, especially Christianity, is obviously false to anyone that knows how to think critically - but if you plan on making them see this, try to use points that are more solid than something you saw on zeitgeist. If I hear another damned person talk about Dionysis again I'm going to stab them in the eye with a pike.