Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2006, 1:46 pm

Has anyone else seen this movie? Because Timothy Treadwell really seems like he had AS to me . . . he's got a really funky toned voice, is totally obcessed with animals, and just his manorisms - and he describes being a major alcholic for a lot of his life - which is self medicating - which I did for quite a while myself . . .
The way he was interacting with them and talking about watching their manorisms and things reminds me of watching video of Temple Grandin interacting with cattle and horses . . .

Note, that I am not wanting 'what an idiot!' comments - I really love to watch his videos of interacting with wild animals - but I don't think he was going about it the right way and am not at all surprised he got eaten . . . after all, I love great whites, but I'm not free swimming with them or anything and I don't deny their basic nature . . .
What I'm curious about is if anyone else got this same impression of him watching this movie . . .

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2006, 6:30 pm

I haven't seen the movie, but that guy should have had a .300 Winchester Magnum rifle and either a .454 Casull or .500 S&W pistol with him. I can get the pictures of his remains scattered across the tundra, but I strongly doubt I could post them. :(

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2006, 7:19 pm

Why would anyone like stuff that makes you get hang overs and kills people?

misfit24_7
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Feb 2006, 10:47 pm

My daughter and I watched it twice. We were completely mesmerized by this movie. Timothy Treadwell was completely "out there" ( I should talk), but we could not stop watching it. I think the bottom line is this man cared about saving animals, and that is a good thing.

Carol

can often behave in an unpredictable manner.

quietangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Feb 2006, 6:44 pm

I actually turned it on late night one night, and the first thought that ran through my mind is "this guy has AS"
His comments on not liking people, or being near them, his families comments as wel as his obsession.
Then I watched his various meltdowns on camera. It was a shame that he died for his obsession.

alex
Developer
Developer

09 Feb 2006, 7:03 pm

Here is a trailer of the movie:
http://www.tvwiki.tv/wiki/Grizzly_Man_Trailers