Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

frag
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2010, 10:24 am

Yup... a lot of people protested though.

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2010, 1:28 pm

sgrannel mentioned torturing animals before killing them. in the korean countryside dogs are hung by their back legs and slowly beaten to death. they believe the release of adrenalin due to fear makes the meat taste better. this is true. cats are usually dropped into boiling water in china without killing them first....because they have no respect for any lifeforms other than chinese humans. saw a film in basic training that was taken from the japanese after ww2. it was a primer on how to torture prisoners. i still think about it---it was by far the most gut-wrenching thing imaginable. i have given up on a belief in god. how could a god allow such cruel and terrible things to happen. humans have proven they cannot be trusted with free will. just saw a film of dogs in the balkans being skinned for their fur. they are not killed first, and are left to slowly die.

maybe one of the 4 times i've been dead, i actually died and this is my hell. you know, that must be it.

Stonecold
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2010, 4:30 pm

Step 1: Kill the cat.
Step 2: Marinate the cat.
Step 3: Cook the cat.
Step 4: Eat the cat.
Step 5: Fell bad about what you did to the cat.

Everyone knows you have to kill the animals before you eat them! Sheesh!

On a more serious note, that man should be sent to jail and forced to eat raw, marinated, live rats!

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 3:53 pm

Curse the cook topic

I read about this in my local newspaper and the cat was later adopted out to someone esle and renamed Oliver.

Ollie is one of the lucky ones. Animal torture is very common and goes unnoticed most of the time.

I have no idea why certain Asian cultures prefer to eat animals that are usually pets. Perhaps there are so many of them that wasting such a resource is unthinkable. Though I cannot save every animal that may be tortured, I will do my best to help when I can.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 5:39 pm

danandlouie wrote:
sgrannel mentioned torturing animals before killing them. in the korean countryside dogs are hung by their back legs and slowly beaten to death. they believe the release of adrenalin due to fear makes the meat taste better. this is true. cats are usually dropped into boiling water in china without killing them first....because they have no respect for any lifeforms other than chinese humans. saw a film in basic training that was taken from the japanese after ww2. it was a primer on how to torture prisoners. i still think about it---it was by far the most gut-wrenching thing imaginable. i have given up on a belief in god. how could a god allow such cruel and terrible things to happen. humans have proven they cannot be trusted with free will. just saw a film of dogs in the balkans being skinned for their fur. they are not killed first, and are left to slowly die.

maybe one of the 4 times i've been dead, i actually died and this is my hell. you know, that must be it.

Well, jeez that is really horrible. It might be understandable if they want to eat the dogs and cats, but torturing them or causing unnecessary suffering before killing them is unacceptable. Maybe torturing does make the meat taste better? Or maybe they only think it tastes better, because knowing the animals were tortured makes the people feel good inside for some twisted cultural reason?

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2010, 8:23 pm

I think that's sickening, that people torture animals before eating them, especially those animals that we consider pets. I admit I do eat meat, but then again, I believe that there are more humane ways to kill an animal for its meat. If you've read some of Temple Grandin's books, she has done a lot to improve the beef industry so the cattle are treated more humanely to the end.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 2:26 am

danandlouie wrote:
sgrannel mentioned torturing animals before killing them. in the korean countryside dogs are hung by their back legs and slowly beaten to death. they believe the release of adrenalin due to fear makes the meat taste better.

Ironically, the opposite is true, at least with pigs. When they are slaughtered, the butcher has to be careful to keep the pig relaxed right up until it's rendered unconscious, otherwise the adrenaline released when the pig gets frightened will spoil the meat.

- Rick Sanchez

danieltaiwan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Aug 2010, 2:50 am

Cats are edible. In Southern China it's quite common to eat cat. There is nothing wrong with eating cats or dogs. Different cultures have different cuisine customs.
What I find wrong is that the man tortured the cat. Which is completely wrong.

What I don't understand is why the West says it's wrong to eat cats and dogs. Simply Imperialism.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 11:18 am

danieltaiwan wrote:
Cats are edible. In Southern China it's quite common to eat cat. There is nothing wrong with eating cats or dogs. Different cultures have different cuisine customs.
What I find wrong is that the man tortured the cat. Which is completely wrong.

What I don't understand is why the West says it's wrong to eat cats and dogs. Simply Imperialism.

Cuisine culture topic

Eating cattle in some parts of the world is considered a taboo. And people must respect that when they visit a land that abides by this.

Eating rabbits is permitted in the West, though I would not.

Torturing any animal before eating it is just plain evil.

I would not eat any animal that I considered a pet, and I believe this is why Western peoples refrain from this.

I do not generalize my attitude as Imperial, but if I visited your country, Dan, and saw a dog on the barbie I would be distressed. I love cats and dogs, but not enough to eat them. I eat very little meat as it is, and chewing on Spot or Fluffy is not a way fro me to satisfy hunger. If it is common in your neck of the woods, then keep it there. Bon Appetit. :twisted:

Dennis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Aug 2010, 1:42 am

Cats are too smart to eat. People should eat each other or themselves first.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2010, 1:46 am

Dennis wrote:

People should eat bears because they are the #1 threat to America.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2010, 10:06 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Dennis wrote:

People should eat bears because they are the #1 threat to America.

Bear truth topic

I have eaten bear meat. It is very greasy and tough. :thumbdown:

ZachL
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2010, 1:35 am

Whats wrong with eating p****?

(ok lame attempt at a joke)

Fintan29
Toucan
Toucan

20 Aug 2010, 2:07 pm

Woodpecker wrote:
Nasty, the man should get punished. The cat lovers will hate me for this. But if the cat had been dead, killed in a humane manner and not stolen then I would have said that it was OK to cook it.

This is not a case of 'odd diets' this is a case of a man being cruel to a cat by putting nasty things on the cat's fur. The cat will experience pain and suffering when it tries to clean itself. I say that a short stay in jail is required.

Remind me to cook you when you die.