Michigan Ass. Attorney General: gay homophobe? Aspie?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

longNstrong
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Oct 2010, 12:12 pm

This guy has been posted on a bunch of blogs. He has a blog that tries to defame a UofMichigan student council member who is openly gay. Many commentators on these blogs note that this harasser also seems gay himself. They also at times try to blame AS for his behavior. I am actually on the fence about the AS, though I tend to think his being obsessive and delusional probably has other causes.

What I wonder is do we have language to get people to not blame this sort of thing on AS? To me, mentioning AS here is like saying a pedophile priest did it because he was gay.

Any thoughts?[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwObjKZg9Jw[/youtube]

Wraythen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Oct 2010, 1:12 pm

longNstrong wrote:
Ass. Attorney

I believe that sums him up quite well, actually.

He's not gay, nor on the spectrum. He's still a gigantic prick, however.

May I have a link to these blogs?

rchamberlin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Oct 2010, 1:20 pm

He probably doesn't yet understand that most people in the US stopped beating up on minorities and people who are "different" quite a while ago.

It's only the true mental defectives who continue to do so, and will probably keep at it until they get the help they are crying out for.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 2:45 pm

Deeply wrong, I think that while the man does have a right to be interested in university politics he does not have a right to call the young man a gay nazi or other similar things. I think his boss was right when we stated that the man is not mature and has poor judgement.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 10:55 pm

i live in ky, otherwise known as state of enlightenment......oh funny, funny, funny. when am radio talk shows have segments dealing with homosexuality, the hatred flows through the speakers. it is hard to believe. probably 75% of the callers condemn 'them gays', calling them evil, sex perverts, going straight to HELL. always bring up the bible.

the michigan guy says what a lot of humans think but are not willing to risk saying it out loud.

as always, i will close with....humans just confuse me...constantly.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 1:29 am

When I heard him open his mouth, he sounded like a queen like no one else. It was outright hilarious.

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog

longNstrong

04 Oct 2010, 1:02 pm

Yeah, I kind of thought he seemed gay myself. I think given his actions, that actually might be pertinent. Whether he is AS or not doesn't really seem to matter: there are many reasons for obsessions and delusions, such as schizophrenia. And since his bigotry doesn't seem to be aimed at AS folks, it shouldn't be an issue.

The blogs I saw this posted with AS suspicious comments (to varying degrees of import) included The Savage Love Blog (sex), Perez Hilton (gossip), and Ta-Nehisi Coates (race, culture, and history). Part of the reason I brought this up here is that most comments that mentioned AS seemed ignorant, if not exactly offensive. I am starting to wonder about what is reasonable in wider discussions about AS and AS people. I am not sure how to engage folks, but be productive about it.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 3:40 pm

I want a t-shirt that says, "I wouldn't go out with Andrew Shirvell, either!"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 8:25 pm

Beside being a hateful douche bag for his obsessive homophobia (perhaps based on his in latent homosexuality), I am rapidly losing patience with people who smear their opposition with the Nazi label. C'mon, this kid this closet case is persecuting didn't kill ten million people, or anyone for that matter; he just likes guys.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer