Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 1:33 pm

I found this link informative when researching the story:

http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index.php?/tjmk/C378/

You will not find mention of the Messei report in anything Amanda Knox's PR machine has orchestrated because that is where the strongest evidence is and it is enough to convict her and Sollecito. If Amanda Knox is so unwavering on her conviction that she is truly innocent and wrongfully imprisoned, why not provide a link to the Messei report and let people judge for themselves? It's something that is never mentioned in any news story concerning Amanda Knox because it's simply too damning. If people studied it and educated themselves on the facts they would not be so quick to jump on the "Amanda is innocent" bandwagon.

Although meaningless on it's own, the actions and behavior of Amanda Knox and Rafaele Sollecito immediately after Meredith Kercher's murder when corroborated with other facts about the case, it does become part of the overall evidence and supports the evidence that points to their involvement in this murder. The attitude of both individuals is that they simply do not care about the murder victim. Sollecito's father has expressed concern but never his son. It is the same kind of behavior seen by other individuals convicted of violent crimes. It's an attitude prosecutors are well acquainted with.

Another thing I wonder about. I hear stories on the news about how a murder was committed thirty, forty even fifty years ago resulting in a conviction and lengthy sentence with even less evidence than what was in the Amanda Knox or Casey Anthony trials. Why is it a jury can convict these little old men who are too feeble to harm a housefly but the justice system lets these people who are fully capable of going on to do worse things in life, and profit from it by making millions of dollars off of it, go without a second thought. No monitoring, no restrictions, nothing. It's a total miscarriage of justice. It's a shameful part of the justice system.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 2:13 pm

Dear DW, Your latest comments are well thought-out and compassionate, and though I have opinions about Miss Knox which oppose yours, I would never argue with someone I respect as much as you. However, if I may I would like to say that one of my first serious suspicions came about when she accused Patrick Lumumba..He was totally innocent of involvement, and that is when I started thinking about someone who would do that to someone instead of telling the truth..awkward sentence, I know, but I don't think an innocent person could do that (accusation) to another human being, knowing it could ruin his life. Sylkat

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 3:28 pm

FYI, my official position is that I have no idea at all if she is guilty or innocent. But I did feel relief at seeing her come home, I guess because I am much more afraid of wrongful convictions on shaky evidence than letting someone guilty go free, particularly in a case like this, where she is likely to recognized and under a microscope her whole life. If she wasn't a saint before, she'll make sure she acts like one from now on ;) Plus, never in all the news coverage did I hear any compelling evidence of guilt, it was all always shaking to me.

PS - the other strong emotion I had when all the news coverage occurred was to seek out remembrances of Meredith. Her family is right, that she should not be forgotten.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 15 Oct 2011, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 3:43 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I don't believe for one minute that Amanda Knox has Autism. Everything about the way she has acted since the murder of her flatmate suggests a narcissistic sociopath who doesn't care about anyone but herself. She never appeared to be troubled over Meredith's murder. She didn't seem concerned or afraid for her own well being considering someone so close to her was murdered and she, supposedly, didn't know by who. I would have been scared to death in that situation but not her.

The only time she did show concern was when they sentenced her, then she cried non stop, but only for herself. She kept on crying for herself, even after Italy's supreme court. freed her. Were the tears ever for Meredith? No, only for Amanda, like so many murderers before, sobbing hysterically at their own verdicts and sentences but never once for their victims.

I know she didn't have autism, but I think you need to be quiet and quit throwing around absurd rumours. Why don't you produce real evidence than conclude something on how you feel. This is a massive problem with people in the PPR section. They want to feel what they want to, not depend on evidence. By the by, I had the same feeling about her too, but without true evidence the attempt to charge her is empty hot air.

What rumors? All of this is based on evidence from the crime scene and the autopsy report. Do yuo know what the results of the report are? Perhaps you might want to read it before criticizing me.

What you mean the fact that these tests were shown to have occured with massive errors and that retries of the test did not come to any actual conclusion?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Besides, the verdict could have been thrown out on a technicality which does not mean Amanda Knox is not guilty. It just means proper procedures were not adhered to at some point.

And so by the method of slippery slope we have the suspicion that someone is guilty for something when proper evidence that makes the proof of something is not forthcoming. The prosecution council has changed their tack. There were massive errors on the part of the italian police that were revealed during the trial and the only point you have made so far is some pyoty-freudian thing about how Amanda Knox reacted during the trial, somehow using that as the basis of your case. Of course I could talk about the other things you said, but you see Reporting proof isn't proof.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 5:02 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
FYI, my official position is that I have no idea at all if she is guilty or innocent. But I did feel relief at seeing her come home, I guess because I am much more afraid of wrongful convictions on shaky evidence than letting someone guilty go free, particularly in a case like this, where she is likely to recognized and under a microscope her whole life. If she wasn't a saint before, she'll make sure she acts like one from now on ;) Plus, never in all the news coverage did I hear any compelling evidence of guilt, it was all always shaking to me.

PS - the other strong emotion I had when all the news coverage occurred was to seek out remembrances of Meredith. Her family is right, that she should not be forgotten.

But there's no way of knowing if she is going to act like a saint. What if she cannot act like one?

I wondered why she named Patrick Lumumba as the murderer? Could it be he slowly cut her hours at Le Chic from working everyday to working twice a week? Maybe she held a grudge because of that? Maybe she thought her hours were cut because of something Meredith said to Lumumba and she was angry over that? I still think there's a lot more to this than anyone but Sollecito and Amanda knows.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 5:06 pm

Gedrene wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I don't believe for one minute that Amanda Knox has Autism. Everything about the way she has acted since the murder of her flatmate suggests a narcissistic sociopath who doesn't care about anyone but herself. She never appeared to be troubled over Meredith's murder. She didn't seem concerned or afraid for her own well being considering someone so close to her was murdered and she, supposedly, didn't know by who. I would have been scared to death in that situation but not her.

The only time she did show concern was when they sentenced her, then she cried non stop, but only for herself. She kept on crying for herself, even after Italy's supreme court. freed her. Were the tears ever for Meredith? No, only for Amanda, like so many murderers before, sobbing hysterically at their own verdicts and sentences but never once for their victims.

I know she didn't have autism, but I think you need to be quiet and quit throwing around absurd rumours. Why don't you produce real evidence than conclude something on how you feel. This is a massive problem with people in the PPR section. They want to feel what they want to, not depend on evidence. By the by, I had the same feeling about her too, but without true evidence the attempt to charge her is empty hot air.

What rumors? All of this is based on evidence from the crime scene and the autopsy report. Do yuo know what the results of the report are? Perhaps you might want to read it before criticizing me.

What you mean the fact that these tests were shown to have occured with massive errors and that retries of the test did not come to any actual conclusion?

There was only one error. The mistake the investigators made of leaving the bra clasp and picking it up later, thinking it would qualify as evidence. It's obvious these people have very little evidence investigating murders since they are not common in Perugia. So, they made a mistake. They didn't botch anywhere near all of it.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 5:08 pm

Gedrene wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

There was only one error. The mistake the investigators made of leaving the bra clasp and picking it up later, thinking it would qualify as evidence. It's obvious these people have very little evidence investigating murders since they are not common in Perugia. So, they made a mistake. They didn't botch anywhere near all of it.

How do you botch simple evidence like glass on top of clothing strewn about a bedroom that is supposed to be ransacked and broken into from the outside. The glass from the shatter window was on top of the clothing. You cannot botch something like that. You also cannot botch the two cell phones Filomena Romanelli gave to Meredith Kercher found in the neighbor's garden bushes, tossed away hoping no one would discover their existence. It's another example of crime staging. The idea is to make it look like someone broke in, killed Meredith, stole a few things including the phones and quickly left. This way the intruder doesn't appear to have been let in by someone with a key or by one of the room mates. It is an indication of a coverup. There were no marks left on the wall outside the house indicating someone climbed it in order to throw rocks at it. Also, there were wooden shutters covering the window that had to be opened first. The window was hard to open because of old, swollen wood. It would be very difficult to climb in through that window.

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 15 Oct 2011, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 5:13 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

But there's no way of knowing if she is going to act like a saint. What if she cannot act like one?

I wondered why she named Patrick Lumumba as the murderer? Could it be he slowly cut her hours at Le Chic from working everyday to working twice a week? Maybe she held a grudge because of that? Maybe she thought her hours were cut because of something Meredith said to Lumumba and she was angry over that? I still think there's a lot more to this than anyone but Sollecito and Amanda knows.

She was cracking after multiple days of interrogation? Read up on some of the episodes from "Take the Money and Run" and see how some people are just not cut out for interrogation, even when they have not done anything wrong.

What she did there was wrong and immature (99% of little kids do the same thing with stolen cookies, after all), but I don't see how it is evidence of guilt.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 5:19 pm

We have Knox's side of the interrogation but does anyone really know how bad the interrogation actually was? Everything has gone through the Amanda Knox spin filter because she doesn't want to serve time in jail. She is going to say anything to secure her freedom. So, of course she is going to exaggerate the interrogation. Persons of interest get interrogated in the US all the time. It's standard practice. It's not like something has happened to her that is out of the ordinary and doesn't happen to other suspects. She is playing the victim card and it apparently works well.

Perugia is a town with a low crime rate and practically non existence murder statistic. Amanda Knox arrives, within a month there's a violent murder of someone she was close to. Has there been a murder like that since?

The reason I think the murder didn't involve any planning and is a crime of rage is because of the quilt placed over Meredith's body after she died. That suggest whoever killed her felt contrition afterwards and felt obliged to cover Meredith's face and body out of respect and regret. How long that regret lasted remains contested.

What I find particularly strange is the text from Lumumba to Knox telling her not to come into work because business was slow. Maybe business wasn't slow and Lumumba made up an excuse because he was planning on phasing Amanda out over the next few days. The plan was to not have her come in at all. Could this have sent Amanda over the edge? Maybe this explains everything.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2011, 10:30 pm

The interrogation techniques they used on the TV game show I mentioned were standard police procedure, nothing all that intense, and yet one of the game show contestants completely flipped out before being held for questioning even 24 hours. Interrogation is interrogation. It doesn't have to be that "bad" before some people flip out on it.

And most people don't over read simple text messages about not being needed for work one day. She would have known that working or not working depended on how things were; that would have been part of the deal. I think reading into that is a really big stretch.

I have not even tried to follow all those details, much less obsessed over them. As things floated past me, I saw nothing that couldn't have an easy innocent explanation. Knowing the details and deciding how they add up is the job of the jury and the judge, not me.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 2:59 am

Dear Anne, Thank you for that Truejustice link..I have been reading it, have not completed it, have been re-reading parts of it; it is a real eye-opener, contrasted with certain claims that the media has made! Again, thank you...Sylkat 8O

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 4:33 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

How do you botch simple evidence like glass on top of clothing strewn about a bedroom that is supposed to be ransacked and broken into from the outside. The glass from the shatter window was on top of the clothing. You cannot botch something like that. You also cannot botch the two cell phones Filomena Romanelli gave to Meredith Kercher found in the neighbor's garden bushes, tossed away hoping no one would discover their existence. It's another example of crime staging. The idea is to make it look like someone broke in, killed Meredith, stole a few things including the phones and quickly left. This way the intruder doesn't appear to have been let in by someone with a key or by one of the room mates. It is an indication of a coverup. There were no marks left on the wall outside the house indicating someone climbed it in order to throw rocks at it. Also, there were wooden shutters covering the window that had to be opened first. The window was hard to open because of old, swollen wood. It would be very difficult to climb in through that window.

Carla Vecchiotti, a forensic specialist from La Sapienza university in Rome, said it was impossible to say whether the British student's DNA was found on the knife.

‘There is a complete genetic profile, but it's not reliable,’ she said.

‘We don't know if Meredith's DNA was on it or not.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1aw4EM3KF

Seems like there's more reason to doubt your case than just one bra strap. That puts a damper on your side of the story.

Nightowl2548
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jan 2012, 4:34 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
Good god, everytime someone who murders gets accused of having AS, sometimes I wish they would murder me. :roll:

I've been torn on whether I think Amanda Knox was guilty or innocent but I've leaned more towards guilty. She and her boyfriend were under severe influence of drugs and alcohol the night of the murder so it could go two ways.Either she was too drugged to realize that a murder was going on in her apartment or she was too drugged to realize she was assisting in a sex-game/murder.

Not true, read the facts of the case, not the lies put out by a corrupt prosecutor and reported by the lying UK Tabloids. Most of what was printed in the first few months after this crime has been showed to be whopper lies. Yet people still link to these works of malevolent fiction by slimeball tabloid writers as if they are the facts in this case. Fact, Amanda was staying with her boyfriend on the OTHER SIDE OF TOWN when the murder occurred. Witnesses placed her there, and completely sober just a half hour before the murder occurred. The "under severe influence of drugs and alcohol" is the invention of the media and police. Amanda merely shared a joint with Rafalle that night, as countless college kids do on a regular basis without re-enacting the Manson killings.
raisedbyignorance wrote:
Also, I don't care how badly the police are treating you, I think it is wrong to accuse another person of murder unless I was absolutely sure they were involved. She must've held a huge grudge against the man to go as far as accusing him of murder without any proof.

Amanda didn't accuse her boss of killing Meredeth, THE COPS DID. They misinterpreted her text message to him that night that said "See you later" litertally, not simply as a goodbye. They saw him approach her that afternoon (a newspaper wanted him to get her to give an interview about what she saw) and they assumed he was in on it and the source of the "African hair" they found at the crime scene. They thought they had solved the crime, he did it and she was part, and merely had to "break" them to get a confession. They interviewed her all night, threatened and sleep deprived her and told her he did it and if she wanted to go home she had to "imagine what might have happened" and then gave her a piece of paper written in Italian to sign. Eventually she naively gave in under the illusion that she would then be released.
raisedbyignorance wrote:

I just hope that any college students who plan to study overseas learn from this experience and go easy on the drugs and alcohol. Cuz lord knows you might find yourself messed up and hovered over a corpse with a knife in your hand!

More like if you're in a foreign country and stumble across a crime scene get out of there as fast as you can. It is very possible that being the stranger, YOU will become the prime suspect in the small minds of some provincial local cop. Advice the Italian and British girls who knew Meredeth took. Amanda's house-mates left town and Meredeth's British friends left the country THE VERY DAY Meredeth's body was discovered. From then on it was only Amanda and Rafaelle alone with the cops for the next four days. The very same cops who fabricated a case against her are the "witnesses" to this "strange behavior" alleged to Amanda. Could it not be that THEY are the scumbags who are lying to protect their asses after incompetently railroading an ordinary college girl for a crime that turned out to be committed by a habitual burglar? Amanda Knox and Rafaelle Sollicito were completely innocent of this crime and this in one of the most frightening injustices in recent time.

Nightowl2548
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jan 2012, 5:00 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Because the cops terrorized her all night with THEIR fantasies that Lumumba committed the crime, screaming at her and slapping her when she truthfully told them she spent the night with her boyfriend on the other side of town. Young, naive, alone, and scared she believed her only way to escape that interrogation room was to finally go along with them. She thought they'd let her walk out and at least then she could find some adults to help, such as her mother, an attorney, the US Consulate. Not having any street smarts she didn't realize that the whole thing wasn't a "quest for the truth" but merely a formality to get her to say something or sign something to use to "close the case." Nothing she could have said would have changed their minds, they "knew" she and Lumumba did it and refused to accept any other answer. When the forensics came back a few weeks later, pointing to a local burglar and suggesting a mundane crime rather than a "Basic Instinct" fantasy killing, rather than admit they were idiots to suspect a harmless girl, the scumbag cops refused to let her go and admit they were wrong. Instead they spent the next 6 weeks rerunning the tests over and over and over again until they finally manufactured some "inconsistancies" that later turned out to be Rye DNA as "evidence" against her.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 11:30 pm

After watching videos, reading about shoddy evidence and no motive she seems innocent. The media turned her into a she devil and they spun her nickname Foxy Knoxy into something sexual and devious but she obtained that nickname for her soccer skills as a child. I can't believe both of them were found guilty with such shoddy evidence.

I wonder if the media was prejudice against the couple because Amanda was from the U.S. Currently Raffaele is now engaged to Annie Achille who reminds me of the victim Meredith Kercher.

Meridith Kercher

Annie Achille

Based on other things I've read, Rudy seems like the one who has had repeated issues with breaking the law using knives and he used aliases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_ ... Rudy_Guede

"Burleigh writes that Guede was given his own flat in a gated villa, spent summer with the family in Sardinia and winter in the Dolomites, and was sent to a good school.[156] He also played basketball for the Perugia youth team in the 2004–2005 season.[157] In his second year with the family, the relationship began to break down. He stopped attending school, failed his exams, and when the family insisted that he work instead, he repeatedly turned up late for a job they gave him as a gardener. In late 2006 or early 2007, they asked him to leave their home.[156]

He went to stay with an aunt in Lecco, near Milan, for a short time in the winter and spring of 2007, where he worked in a cafe, before returning to Perugia.[158] A bartender in Perugia stated that Guede had broken into his home in September 2007, entering through a window, and attempting to rob him at knife point. On 13–14 October, he allegedly broke into a lawyer's office in Perugia, entering through a second-story window.[159] On 27 October, days before Kercher's murder, he was arrested in Milan after breaking into a nursery school to sleep there; when police found him he was reportedly holding an 11-inch knife he had taken from the nursery's kitchen.[160]

Guede said he briefly met Kercher and Knox when he became friendly with the young men who lived in the downstairs flat at Via della Pergola 7, where Kercher, Knox and the two Italian women shared the upstairs flat. According to Burleigh, the men were unable to recall how Guede had met them, but did recall how, after his first visit to their home, they had found him later in the bathroom, sitting asleep on the unflushed toilet, which was full of faeces. He would sometimes pretend to be an American by the name of Kevin Wade, or a South African known as Body Roga or "the Baron".[161]"

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 7:56 am

visagrunt wrote:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/europe/knox-free-after-italys-appeals-court-throws-out-murder-conviction/article2189311/

Another case of trial by media given a sober second thought by a higher tribunal.

Unfortunately, the paperazi are a necessary evil.

ruveyn