NASA: THE TRUTH about the END OF THE WORLD on 21 Dec

Page 8 of 10 [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 2:21 pm

TallyMan wrote:
It isn't too late to buy your "End of the World" insurance. Special offer for this week only; for a premium of only $50; if the world ends killing everyone on the planet on 21st December 2012 I will payout $1 Million. I accept all major credit cards and PayPal... Hurry, time running out for this offer. :P

Who would seriously be left to pay out the benefits? Or for that matter, who would be left to collect?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2012, 2:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
It isn't too late to buy your "End of the World" insurance. Special offer for this week only; for a premium of only $50; if the world ends killing everyone on the planet on 21st December 2012 I will payout $1 Million. I accept all major credit cards and PayPal... Hurry, time running out for this offer. :P

Who would seriously be left to pay out the benefits? Or for that matter, who would be left to collect?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Shhhhhh! Don't tell everyone! I've got a good scam going on here! :wink:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 11:56 am

Does anyone besides me still remember Y2K? At that time I was still living in a home and on New Year's Eve the staff themselves actually started filling all the sinks and bathtub with water even though it was already apparent that computers were not going to go spastic. (It had said on the news that morning it was already New year's Day in New Zealand. Well DUH) Well, if people are going to kill themselves because of this I say good riddance, the human population needs to be thinned out by getting rid of people who are weak, not of body but of mind i.e. stupid. :twisted:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 1:00 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Does anyone besides me still remember Y2K? At that time I was still living in a home and on New Year's Eve the staff themselves actually started filling all the sinks and bathtub with water even though it was already apparent that computers were not going to go spastic. (It had said on the news that morning it was already New year's Day in New Zealand. Well DUH) Well, if people are going to kill themselves because of this I say good riddance, the human population needs to be thinned out by getting rid of people who are weak, not of body but of mind i.e. stupid. :twisted:

The Y2k worry had an element of logic and believability. If enough operating systems had not been fixed to accommodate longer dates there would have been computer crashes. It turns out that the extent of the problem was overstated.

Where as the Mayan nonsense is just that --- nonsense with no scientific validity or plausibility whatsoever.

ruveyn

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 1:50 pm

ruveyn wrote:
The Y2k worry had an element of logic and believability. If enough operating systems had not been fixed to accommodate longer dates there would have been computer crashes. It turns out that the extent of the problem was overstated.

Not sure it was overstated; but there was a lot of hype about it and it kept programmers like me busy updating lots of systems to ensure there wouldn't be any problems. From that perspective you could regard it as a multitude of small disasters successfully avoided.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 2:00 pm

I have a theory...

Due to the widespread paranoia surrounding next Friday, and given recent events, I've come to the conclusion that mankind may not end, but organized civilization will. There will be mass suicides, murders, riots. Governments will be overthrown, economies plundered, and treaties broken. Missiles may fly. Millions of fatalities, enough to dwarf the Holocaust, is a strong possibility.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 2:15 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:
I have a theory...

Due to the widespread paranoia surrounding next Friday, and given recent events, I've come to the conclusion that mankind may not end, but organized civilization will. There will be mass suicides, murders, riots. Governments will be overthrown, economies plundered, and treaties broken. Missiles may fly. Millions of fatalities, enough to dwarf the Holocaust, is a strong possibility.

Very little out of the ordinary will occur on that day. You are much too excited.

ruveyn

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2012, 2:18 pm

Much more likely that in the days following the 21st December people suddenly remember the date and ask "Wasn't the world supposed to end a few days ago? No? Oh well, better go to work then..." It will be a complete non-event.

Now if the Mayan civilisation was still around, they'd have been working feverishly on resolving their equivalent of a Y2K bug in their calendar. :wink:

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Dec 2012, 12:36 am

Here's stuff that I can disprove right off the bat:

Neave.com/planetarium

Set it for 11:11 GMT (in your time zone) and click on the UK for location:

1) There is no real planetary alignment besides maybe two planets and the sun. Both planets are way the heck far away. Though this qualifies as an alignment, it most certainly it is not a MAJOR one (major being more that 4 or 5)

2) Check the angle of declination of the sun. If it's aligned with the center of the galaxy it should be 23º4... huh? It's not? Wonder why that might be :P

3) Go to April 23rd, 2013. Huh! There's another sun around the sun! Oh no, wait, that's Mars.

foodeater
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Dec 2012, 5:13 am

Oh man, I've been looking forward to this for 10 years. Too bad about all the Hollywood silliness and misdirection that happened. It's not about the end of the world...

Time wave zero, baby.

http://www.mondovista.com/timewavex.html

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZcegU0Q1Vo[/youtube]

BlueAbyss
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Dec 2012, 12:10 pm

I love that image of the earth on fire. I'm using that as my wallpaper until this is over. ;) I also like the advice to go out and look at the sky. But be aware, some of the 12-21 people are pointing at things in the sky. Venus has been so bright recently, if you're not familiar with the night or morning sky you could get alarmed. Maybe it's better to say, get to know what the sky is supposed to look like right now, and then go out and look at it. :)

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 6:02 am

All this 'end of the world' talk is getting a bit tedious. Everyone is cracking apocalypse jokes like there is no tomorrow...

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Dec 2012, 6:19 am

I CONFRONTED MY FEAR AND NOTHING HAPPENED! :D

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 6:31 am

the good ol' aussies showed us how to face december 21 :wtg:

Ascagne
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Dec 2012, 6:37 am

Quote:
Looks like NASA has found its vocation: Reassuring the clueless:

US : the only country in the world where public authorities communicate about such things :lol:

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 8:45 am

What if..., what if it actually did end and we're all just ghosts living on a ghost planet and not knowing any different?