Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 5:47 pm

Is it bigotry if it's true?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 7:00 pm

In Boston in the "sister schools - catholic school" the nuns used to beat up Irish boys for sleeping in class. It is not an Alabamian thing. I am sure in the richer communities in Alabama no one beats up on the kids for any reason.

By characterizing the event as Alabamian as opposed to something that happened to have occurred in Alabama you show your bigotry. Very typical of Liberal Progressives.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 7:07 pm

I don't think anyone disagrees that Boston has a rough history, and that religious schools have been excessive in discipline. There, that fair and balanced enough for yuh?

Billybones
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jul 2013, 11:57 pm

I knew when I saw the header that it had to be the U.S. Alabama, Idaho, Arkansas, California, New Jersey, North Carolina . . . doesn't matter. It's the country we live in. There is long-established paranoia about crime & about young people that have led to a heavy - & heavily armed - police presence in schools all across the country. Add to that the presumption of criminality for black people & young people, & the tendency of American police to arrest first & ask questions later. Though this case may have a satisfactory ending (or not), most similarly unjustified arrests never see the light of day & usually end with a verdict of guilty & another person saddled with a criminal record. What is worse, we have a truly draconian justice system that is heavily stacked in favor of the prosecution & voracious prison system always in need of its prey.

Honestly, stories like this occur with such regularity that they no longer have the power to surprise.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2013, 8:31 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I don't think anyone disagrees that Boston has a rough history, and that religious schools have been excessive in discipline. There, that fair and balanced enough for yuh?

No. You have a habit of generalizing. you go from the particular to the general with astonishing ease.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2013, 1:24 pm

But don't you, as well? Particularly with Muslims, and at one time with Lutherans? If I'm guilty of making generalizations, it's only because we all tend to.

Enja
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jul 2013, 7:44 am

They need to be fired and put in jail themselves. FFS. World = :twisted:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 1:44 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
But don't you, as well? Particularly with Muslims, and at one time with Lutherans? If I'm guilty of making generalizations, it's only because we all tend to.

Not nearly as often and thoroughly as you do.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 3:46 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Not nearly as often and thoroughly as you do.

ruveyn

Maybe so.

1perCentury
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jul 2013, 1:04 am

I once had a substitute teacher who was constantly bombarding my classmates individually throughout the few hours that he was working with us. He was so graphic that he got banned from even walking through our area of the school.

He has had many cases against him in our school but yet they still employ him. Slaps on the wrist are all he ever gets. He is known to treat his own students much worse. Once he had told his class that if it were up to him, he would, as he put it, "line all of you guys up against that cabinet and shoot you."

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 4:45 am

So take the officer out back and beat him with hammer and call it day. And the next time it happens, do it again. You'll see this crap stop shortly enough.

You will reap what you've sown.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 10:49 am

at least she did not sleep through the school bus and miss her ride :scratch:

and at least george zimmerman wasnt the school security guard

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 11:57 am

That is disgusting! What is wrong with people!?

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 1:24 am

trollcatman wrote:
Another thing that bothers me is that there was no mention of the implications of her diabetes. Diabetes in children is often more severe than the "old age" diabetes. If a child with diabetes is passed out during the day the first reaction should be to try to wake her up and check for hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). If left untreated this could lead to coma and even death. The school should educate the employees on how to deal with this and make special arrangements for such a child, like being allowed to eat at any time.

If she is a type I diabetic, then why was she not wearing a medic alert bracelet or necklace saying she is diabetic?

If she did have a bracelet on, then yes, administration was wrong in their actions.

Further, don't most type I diabetics wear an insulin pump?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 7:39 am

xenon13 wrote:
Prison labour makes military uniforms and much of what the military uses in the United States.

the same is true in China. What is your point?

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

01 Aug 2013, 3:20 pm

Why, oh, why must we do this to innocent people?

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."