Swiss support rises for reduced executive pay

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2013, 9:46 pm

http://www.thelocal.ch/20131024/swiss-backing-rises-for-reduced-exec-pay
I think this is a great idea that should be applied worldwide.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 1:57 am

It would cause an executive riot :lol:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 4:09 am

Ah, yes - the 1:12-Initiative.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 5:46 am

Tollorin wrote:
http://www.thelocal.ch/20131024/swiss-backing-rises-for-reduced-exec-pay
I think this is a great idea that should be applied worldwide.

I think you hardly can compare Switzers to others. Last year they had a voting about more or less holiday for all, and they voted for less holidays. So they dont seem comparable to other folks. XD

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 5:56 am

Schneekugel wrote:
I think you hardly can compare Switzers to others. Last year they had a voting about more or less holiday for all, and they voted for less holidays.

And the poster campaigns?

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 6:15 am

As written, there was a voting, and as usual when there is a voting, for both options of the voting there were campaigns. Your poster are those of the pro-holiday-options.

Existing poster for a pro campaign, doesnt change anything, that the majority of the switzer folk voted AGAINST more holiday, when they had the public voting about it.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 8:42 am

Schneekugel wrote:
As written, there was a voting, and as usual when there is a voting, for both options of the voting there were campaigns. Your poster are those of the pro-holiday-options.

No - the top one was for the initiative, the bottom one was against. As you rightly point out, people voted against the proposal.

The left-wing parties were for the Ferieninitiative but the right-wing ones were against it.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 8:47 am

I am not able to follow on what you want to point on. So I said, that switzer hardly can be compared to normal people, because of them voting for having less holiday, as they did. And that most other people from other countries, would vote otherwise in my oppinion.

And then you post "And the poster campaigns?" and post two posters of that voting.

And WHAT with the poster campaigns? What topic is it, that you want to point on? Whats your question about that poster campaign or voting or compatibility of switzerland people with folks of other people? Or do you want my oppinion about the colours of the posters?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 9:11 am

Schneekugel wrote:
Whats your question about that poster campaign or voting or compatibility of switzerland people with folks of other people? Or do you want my oppinion about the colours of the posters?

I don't have one. I just like Swiss posters. I think it's a nice example of a fledgling democracy.

I rather like Swiss posters, particularly around anti-EU/anti-immigration campaigns.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2013, 9:12 am

Schneekugel wrote:
I am not able to follow on what you want to point on. So I said, that switzer hardly can be compared to normal people, because of them voting for having less holiday, as they did. And that most other people from other countries, would vote otherwise in my oppinion.

And then you post "And the poster campaigns?" and post two posters of that voting.

And WHAT with the poster campaigns? What topic is it, that you want to point on? Whats your question about that poster campaign or voting or compatibility of switzerland people with folks of other people? Or do you want my oppinion about the colours of the posters?

Here's a question for you: can you understand Schweizerdeutsch?

hannahdelavel123
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jan 2015, 8:53 am

The idea of rising executive pay is a hot topic lately. Numerous critics of executive compensation have raised concerns. However, during the middle of the recession in the past couple of years, many people were angry that big bonuses were being paid to executives whose companies were getting taxpayer-funded bailouts. The trend was seemingly justified, as the Treasury has been found to have approved extravagant exec compensation.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2015, 1:47 am

I don't understand the renumeration made to executives.

They are one person who in one year at work earns anywhere from 5 to 20+ million dollars and on top of it usually get a bonus.

Even if they are outstanding at their jobs, I cannot understand the justification for one person to be paid so much! Sure at the top of the organisation they deserve to be well paid, but many many millions of dollars for going to work for just one year? They might have expensive tastes but really just how much does it cost to feed and clothe their families for a year? To rub salt into the wound these companies generally have many low paid employees earning minimal wages doing the work the company is actually there to do. Middle management keeps the "plebs" on their toes by constantly bullying them to do more with less.

Imagine what would happen if a CEO decided to keep a modest amount of their year's pay, say an amount equal to what the average person in their city earns. They direct the payroll to divide up the remainder evenly and distribute it to all of the other employees. It's possible that some of the lowest earning employees will be given as much as they earn in a year!