Anyone watched the One Show yesterday?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ItZzDaNaA
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2015, 12:54 am

I'd seen what I think is the most ridiculous thing on that show yesterday. I don't usually watch it, but I'd been made aware of what was gonna be on it by the National Autistic Society and I'll explain here if you cba to watch it xD this guy called David Noakes has apparently found this so called ' miracle cure ' that can cure HIV, Parkinson's disease, cancer including stage 4 and terminal ones ( idk if they're the same or not :/ ) and also autism. First I thought these claims were ridiculous but it got even worse as it went on. The ' cure ' is known as GcMAF, and despite his claims the stuff's unlicensed, hasn't been proven to cure anything yet, possibly contaminated, made in unsterile conditions and the ingredients in it are unfit for human usage. At this point I'm ranting non-stop with my Mum, which we both think it's completely stupid. He also has no medical training, he even quoted in one of his videos " This is the end of the autism disease! " which made me want to smash my head against a wall and throw a brick at his face, and he's even selling this to people for at least £450. Tbh, he's basically exploiting vulnerable members of society with these medical conditions and adding to the vaccine controversy, mostly cus his company believe autism is mainly caused by the MMR vaccine.

Feel free to reply, I just needed to rant, was absolutely shocked at his stupidity :evil:

invaderhorizongreen
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 9:23 pm

As long as mankind exists, there will always be snake oil salesmen among us. Furthermore, there are just some people who are desperate enough for a cure they will try anything.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 12:35 am

Sounds pretty far below the bar for the BBC. Since they are are paid with taxpayer money they are held to a higher standard. Should have done a checkup of the guest so they would have known he is an arse. Were there any experts to debunk the guy?

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2015, 10:15 am

ItZzDaNaA
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 May 2015, 3:26 pm

trollcatman wrote:
Sounds pretty far below the bar for the BBC. Since they are are paid with taxpayer money they are held to a higher standard. Should have done a checkup of the guest so they would have known he is an arse. Were there any experts to debunk the guy?

From when I watched it there were only members from certain charities related to the medical conditions who were talking about it, but tbh that GcMAF is complete and utter rubbish.

tuffy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2015, 3:55 pm

David Noakes is also an Illuminati-conspiracy nutter.