Page 3 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 10:54 pm

headphase wrote:
BS

I agree. You can argue they were [word relating to not caring about other people's emotional state], but they human beings like any other. Maybe, not very nice ones, but still...

ericmc783
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 May 2007, 2:32 am

ericmc783 wrote:
It is morally wrong to celebrate anyone's death, except maybe hitler or hussein.

headphase wrote:
were they not human as well?

They were. But what I mean is that we celebrate... Not necessarily the mere fact that someone died... but the fact that they can no longer murder, commit genocide, torture ppl, etc. Did Falwell ever do this or endorse this? No.

jimservo wrote:
TruenoBlues wrote:
Murder: His followers did it to abortion doctors

Do you have any actual evidence of this?

Exactly. Theres about as much factual evidence behind this as there is behind the bogus Indiana University study that claims that Bill O'Reilly calls someone a name every 6.8 seconds. you know, I don't believe anyone has ever quoted him using the word "slimeball"

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 4:49 am

ericmc783 wrote:
Sopho wrote:
He was an evil f**k. Thank god the bastard is dead.

praying for your death soon. It is morally wrong to celebrate anyone's death, except maybe hitler or hussein.

He had beliefs different than yours, but who did he ever murder, or rape, of hurt, or steal from?

So, according to you, it is morally wrong to do one thing, apart from in one or two circumstances where YOU believe it is OK? What gives YOU the right to dictate what is and isn't morally wrong@?? You say it is wrong of me because he simply held different beliefs. Well, I could say the same about you. I share different beliefs on what constitutes 'f*cking evil'.
I am glad that he is dead. I can't help that. I will celebrate his death all I like. You have no right to tell me what I can and can't celebrate/ Like you said about him: I haven't murdered, raped, hurt or stolen from anyone. I just hold the belief that his death is a positive event.
And what does 'praying for your death soon' mean? LOL (just interested).

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 10:56 am

ericmc783 wrote:

It is morally wrong to celebrate anyone's death, except maybe hitler or hussein.

Why? In some cultures it is correct to celebrate death I hope when I go the old jazz band will come out and play 'I ain't gon'er need this house' and everyone has a big party. rather than stand around moping.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 11:03 am

I want Rammstein playing at my Death Party.
I doubt anyone will turn up though. I could have an internet funeral instead.
Anyway, back on topic:
I celebrate the death of this bastard because it's a good thing that he's no longer alive.
He was a s**t.
Now he's dead.
That's good, right? Therefore we celebrate.

Scramjet
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 May 2007, 11:28 am

I can see a tad of reason in the notion that one should not dance on somebody else's grave, but concidering what agony and trouble this guy's ideology has been for some people, I'd say a sense of relief wouldn't be a totally out-of-place reaction to this death, at least on the part of those troubled...

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 11:30 am

I have a right to be glad the son of a b***h is finally dead.
If I can't take out my anger on crazy dead Christians, then who can I take it out on?
It doesn't make any difference to him. He's dead. He doesn't even know I'm glad he's dead.

ericmc783
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 May 2007, 11:33 am

Sopho wrote:

Im not really praying for you death. I said that just to see if i could 'push your buttons' a little. and judging by the length of your reply, it worked at least a little. However, I was quite serious in everything I said after that.

If anyone else is lost trying to interpret the sense in much of what Sopho and TruenoBlues have said, there is a book that may help.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 11:41 am

ericmc783 wrote:
Sopho wrote:

Im not really praying for you death. I said that just to see if i could 'push your buttons' a little. and judging by the length of your reply, it worked at least a little. However, I was quite serious in everything I said after that.

If anyone else is lost trying to interpret the sense in much of what Sopho and TruenoBlues have said, there is a book that may help.

ROFL HAHAHAHA! Do you seriously think I'm going to read anything written by that b***h?!
You didn't 'push my buttons.' I just had anothing else to do. It made me laugh if anything.
I'll have a party when Ann Coulter dies as well. :)

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 1:12 pm

ericmc783 wrote:
Sopho wrote:

I like O'Reilly more than this c**t, and that is the only word to describe her. I know that this forum is for friendly discussion, but you sir, have pushed my buttons. So why don't you grow up, drop your own bias, and look at life through someone else's eyes.
Look, I have the right as an American, no, as a human, to celebrate the death of someone I feel is a raging douche-bag. So hey, how about I will you my dancing shoes in the event Sopho or I die? :lol:

Last edited by TruenoBlues on 16 May 2007, 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 1:14 pm

TruenoBlues wrote:
I like O'Reilly more than this c**t, and that is the only word to describe her. I know that this forum is for friendly discussion, but you sir, have pushed my buttons. So why don't you grow up, drop your own bias, and look at life through someone else's eyes.
Look, I have the right as an American, no, as a human, to celebrate the death of someone I feel is a raging douche-bag.

Well said.
She is definitely a c**t.

euphrosyne
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 May 2007, 3:15 pm

Ahaha...

I hate that guy. Good riddance.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 3:32 pm

jimservo wrote:
Should I have jumped up and down in happiness and joy when Bush-critic Molly Ivans died after bravely battling cancer? How about when David Halberstam
was killed in a car crash? I really don't understand this feeling of joy at the deaths of those with whom you disagree.

I agree. Overall, I don't have much of an understanding what this chap stood for, but he doesn't deserve such an outpouring of hatred. What did he ever do to any of you that you should want to dance on his grave???

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 3:36 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
What did he ever do to any of you that you should want to dance on his grave???

Nothing to me personally. But neither did Hitler.
It doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me whether he ever did anything specifically to me. He was still a bastard and the world is a slightly better place without him in it. If only the rest of them would f**k off and die as well.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 3:44 pm

I heard that he was 'controversial' regarding his opinion on gays. But he didn't advocate having gays rounded up and put in concentration camps. He just stated his opinion. You give him power by getting upset over what he said. I would think you' just shrug it off. "Meh, wot's he know about gay people?"

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2007, 3:47 pm

Sopho wrote:
Nothing to me personally. But neither did Hitler.
It doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me whether he ever did anything specifically to me. He was still a bastard and the world is a slightly better place without him in it. If only the rest of them would f**k off and die as well.

The rest of who?