"Clock Kid" Mohammed and Family Moving To Qatar

Page 5 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 3:12 pm

Obama will probably give it to him. The *** ****.

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 3:19 pm

I blame the greedy lawyers who are threatening to file suit against the district and the police department. I hope both entities call them on their bluff.

I also wonder if there is any truth to the allegation that the sister was suspended for making bomb threats while attending the same middle school ?

If she really and truly did make such threats, then I am personally be very glad that they are moving far far far away and wish them God Speed. Oh, and good riddance.

At least I'm sure it may be so in "Denmark".

-- Hamlet, 1.5.113-116

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 3:30 pm

I hope he gets $30 million. Stupidity ought to hurt, and the only form of pain that governments perceive is financial.

A burden discerned in the blood you taste

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 3:50 pm

RhodyStruggle wrote:
I hope he gets $30 million. Stupidity ought to hurt, and the only form of pain that governments perceive is financial.

Respectfully, I disagree. Settlements don't come out of anyone's department operating budget, ones like this are unlikely to affect someone's performance evaluation, they just magically get paid via taxes from a general fund, or by insurance. Here in the USA, purely monetary settlements don't affect the law or in this case, government operating procedures, either. So the amount of settlement or any judge's decision were it to go that far would have pretty much no effect other than on some amorphous, unspecified, hypothetical budget bucket.

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 4:03 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
RhodyStruggle wrote:

Respectfully, I disagree. Settlements don't come out of anyone's department operating budget, ones like this are unlikely to affect someone's performance evaluation, they just magically get paid via taxes from a general fund, or by insurance. Here in the USA, purely monetary settlements don't affect the law or in this case, government operating procedures, either. So the amount of settlement or any judge's decision were it to go that far would have pretty much no effect other than on some amorphous, unspecified, hypothetical budget bucket.

True, but over time operating procedures will change to reduce lawsuit liability, or else the taxpayers will revoke government's license to operate.

A burden discerned in the blood you taste

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 6:13 pm

RhodyStruggle wrote:
Edenthiel wrote:
RhodyStruggle wrote:

True, but over time operating procedures will change to reduce lawsuit liability, or else the taxpayers will revoke government's license to operate.

You have far more faith in some aspects of bureaucracy than I.

Not to mention ideologue politicians who will risk say, a school district's budget just to prove a theological point.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 1:25 am

RhodyStruggle wrote:

Like with the police and brutality settlements?

- Rick Sanchez

traven
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2015, 2:58 am

regulations?
-it's very important to look at non-existing threads and everything related to that ofcourse-
while
Incredibly, Obama administration officials, and their European counterparts, have also proposed that TAFTA include the extreme investor privileges of past "trade" deals. These extraordinary privileges have empowered foreign corporations to circumvent domestic courts and drag sovereign governments before extrajudicial tribunals authorized to order taxpayer compensation for public interest policies. But U.S. and European domestic courts and property laws are among the strongest in the world. Including such provisions in TAFTA would only empower corporations with a new way to attack our laws and grab our tax dollars.
Foreign corporations have used these privileges when included in past "trade" deals to attack domestic renewable energy policies, patent standards, bans on toxins, and green jobs programs, extracting more than $3 billion so far from taxpayers under U.S. deals. The foreign tribunals authorized to rule against such domestic policies and order compensation are comprised of three private attorneys, many of whom rotate between acting as "judges" and bringing cases against the governments on behalf of the corporations.http://www.citizen.org/tafta