Page 2 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

F10ona1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jun 2017, 12:29 pm

The Greens are good! I live in the only UK constituency with a Green MP - Caroline Lucas. She is really good.
A tactile vote in this area would be for her, so I'm lucky. Although if I were anywhere else I'd be voting Labour.

I just want the Tories out! They have been cutting funding for people with disabilities for the last 7 years :(

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Jun 2017, 1:36 pm

I think you mean tactical.

Tactile means "related to the sense of touch."

I enjoy following elections from my distant country, and thus have heard about Caroline Lucas, who represents Brighton Pavilion. It seems to be quite an young, smart, arty electorate.

I wonder why the Tories want to treat the old folks and those of us with disabilities thus. They form a considerable part of the electorate and you'd think they'd show more care.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

HauntedKnight
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jun 2017, 9:24 am

I'm voting Labour, and am a big supporter of Jeremy Corbyn. I'm in favour of more investment in public services, free healthcare and education for all, and increasing the minimum wage.

F10ona1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jun 2017, 4:19 pm

Haha a tactile vote! Funny typo :D
I feel like I probably vote Labour too!

Everyone should vote! don't think your vote doesn't count!

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 4:38 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
QuillAlba wrote:
Empathy wrote:
Almajo88 wrote:
I'm voting labour too. I won't go into why, because there are a lot of know-it-alls here who will doubt me and what I know about labour.

To be honest, I have an incredible social phobia, one that has led me to avoid this thread that I created! In short, I expect the worst from people. Despite living in a marginal, Wirral West, I also live in one of the most left-wing counties, Merseyside. I went one town over, to West Kirby, and watched Corbyn's speech (my anxiety is triggered by social interaction, not crowds); he's an incredible orator, he has an unmatched passion and he genuinely believes in the policies.

I've been aware of Corbyn for a while. You know, the greatest thing that Miliband ever did was making Labour elections one person one vote.

Excuse me for stepping in, but everyone is aware of Corbyn and the lack of leadership he brings about, not only in his untidy speeches but crippling manifesto on home owners and limited understanding of small businesses.
I watched the live debate tonight between the two, and I have to say that May, held the stronger card.

Why do elections always bring out the worst in people? Some people have a comotose reaction to the polls by going in with their eyes half closed. On the issues of Brexit, I would urge voters to steer clear of the left for now, until the matter can be unanimously resolved.

Does that mean swallowing our pride or allowing ourselves to indulge in the self pity that surrounds us?
What is essential, is she stays on even terms with the E.U collaborators and tries her hand at tackling poverty and injustice issues, that no one has spared her any time for, when she took up the stand.
I'm all for a new political leader being given a fair hearing, she is one of the strongest people I've seen and she'll put a lot of wealthy shallow men in their place.

haha you nutter.

Please be more civil QA, that constitutes a personal attack. You can attack policies, opinions etc but not members.

That wasn't a personal attack.

Different political views, haha you nutter, was being friendly.
They are from UK also and hopefully understand my meaning, I was in no way suggesting they were dangerous or insane.

I'm fine with people being extremists of the right or left, I even have a laugh with them, I mean they are wrong, but it's not their fault.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Jun 2017, 2:58 am

OK, I am a bit familiar with some of the Brit sense of humour as shown in some of the well known sitcoms, movies etc.

Will be watching your election to see what happens...elections are one of my special interests.

That said, I'm not sure whom I'd cast my vote for were I there.

my blog:

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 3:22 am

envirozentinel wrote:
OK, I am a bit familiar with some of the Brit sense of humour as shown in some of the well known sitcoms, movies etc.

Will be watching your election to see what happens...elections are one of my special interests.

That said, I'm not sure whom I'd cast my vote for were I there.

The result is a foregone conclusion, it's become an election where the leaders of the 2 main parties are really just campaigning to cement their position within their own parties (May on seat majority & Corbyn on % of population)

razzio
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jun 2017, 3:44 am

I will be voting. But labour with jeramy corbyn have lost there way. Will he be tough on terrorism? And what will he do with Europe. The conservatives don’t do much better cutting every mental health service and libraries shutting down and national health service go down hill fast. And what will they do with Europe.

HauntedKnight
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Jun 2017, 4:13 am

razzio wrote:
I will be voting. But labour with jeramy corbyn have lost there way. Will he be tough on terrorism? And what will he do with Europe. The conservatives don’t do much better cutting every mental health service and libraries shutting down and national health service go down hill fast. And what will they do with Europe.

Labour will recruit more police officers. Corbyn will stop intervening in and bombing foreign countries, which create the breeding grounds for extremism.

He will negotiate a free trade agreement with Europe, and will guarantee the rights of Europeans already living here.

razzio
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jun 2017, 4:26 am

To be honest Belgium and Germany have had terrorist attacks and they have not done anything in the middle east. they just hate the west not for what we do but because of who we are.

Last edited by razzio on 08 Jun 2017, 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 4:27 am

I am dreading the thought of a PM Johnson if May ends up with little or no seat increase

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 4:49 am

Scorpius14 wrote:
I'm not politically-minded but i'm voting the Green Party

disagree with every other party's ambitions: don't be mean, vote Green!

Here I am probably outing myself, but
Harrow West's Green candidate is a Wrong Planet member.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Jun 2017, 5:15 am

There's probably a higher proportion of Greens on the spectrum and here on WP than elsewhere.

Many / most of us seem to care more about things around us and think deeper than just on the surface like so many NTs...

my blog:

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 6:38 am

Corbyn appears very down to Earth to me. Him and a leader of the Green Party (Lucas) both look sincere to me, in their body language too. I don't understand how most politicians become leaders because of their blatant fakeness and fake charm.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 6:49 am

I'm supposed to go to vote today, and this is the first time I've seriously considered staying home and not voting.

I honestly cannot decide WHO to vote for. I'm equally disgusted with ALL of them.

Every single candidate and party has serious problems for me. Each one has something positive I would have normally voted for, alongside another policy that I strongly disagree with, is not what I want, and which prohibits me from choosing them. Every last one of them.

So I honestly do not know what to do.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 6:52 am

It's all about voting for the least worst!