Louisiana pastor defies large gathering ban

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 8:49 am

https://www.kalb.com/content/news/Louisiana-pastor-defies-governor-welcomes-large-gathering-into-church-service-568888381.html?ftag=MSF0951a18

Is Rev. Spell absolutely terrified that people will be fornicating if they stay home?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 8:54 am

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 9:30 am

As the Constitution says, "The people have the right to peaceably assemble - unless there's an illness going around."

I'll happily die brave before I live in fear.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 9:34 am

Spring breakers in Florida are packing the beaches and Hasidic Jews in Brooklyn have filmed at a weeding dancing with only one reveler with a mask.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 9:35 am

The luxury of being alive in 20 years to complain about over-reacting today is one luxury I plan to cherish, even if it means continuing the "Social Isolation" that having an Autism Spectrum Disorder has already imposed upon me.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 1:14 pm

I wonder what the reaction would be if it was a Mosque instead of a church.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 1:37 pm

Fnord wrote:
The luxury of being alive in 20 years to complain about over-reacting today is one luxury I plan to cherish, even if it means continuing the "Social Isolation" that having an Autism Spectrum Disorder has already imposed upon me.

This.

If people want to take their chances and risk their own lives, that's fine with me, but I'm completely exasperated by those who use various ideologies as an excuse to put other people in danger :wall:

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 1:44 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Fnord wrote:

This.

If people want to take their chances and risk their own lives, that's fine with me, but I'm completely exasperated by those who use various ideologies as an excuse to put other people in danger :wall:

Seconded.

I struggle to comprehend how anyone willing to be cavalier with the lives/health of their congregants managed to get themselves ordained... 8O

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 1:49 pm

Isn't it within the scope of my first amendment right to freely express myself to bash idiots like this in the head even though a baseball bat might be a little hazardous to the reverends health? If he wants to ignore health hazards when talking first amendment rights, then so do I!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 4:38 pm

My church has canceled Sunday services and Wednesday Lenten services, taking it a week at a time. Meanwhile, sermons are available on the internet.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 6:05 pm

My first thought was they could be a voluntary control group....i.e. What happens when social distancing is rampantly ignored. :mrgreen:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 5:54 am

And the pastor said the gathering ban was politically motivated.

(It should be noted that John Bel Edwards, Louisiana’s governor, is a *conservative* Democrat)

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Randomosity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Mar 2020, 12:21 pm

If they end up worsening our outbreak, I'm going to be angry.

Large conservative churches in BR are live streaming sermons in lieu of in person worship, so this one should follow suit.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 12:55 pm

The Catholics throughout the U.S. have cancelled Sunday Masses, giving the people a dispensation to stay home during the duration. Ordinarily it is strictly forbidden for us to avoid Mass. These are unusual times.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 8:27 pm

EzraS wrote:
I wonder what the reaction would be if it was a Mosque instead of a church.

Derailing the purpose of the thread to attack muslims....what is this the third time in a month?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2020, 8:29 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:

For pandemics any act that contravenes mass gathering has a flow on effect. These selfish bastards might infect each other but they will also spread this to innocent people who are trying to do the right thing.