Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Cath53
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jul 2024, 3:36 pm

With Kamala's poor spontaneous communication skills and repetitive speech I wonder if she's autistic? I read that her daughter is autistic and has epilepsy. Would be great to see Kamala promote Neurodiversity understanding so that we are more respected?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 3:45 pm

I have no idea. I can't even picture her face. I don't think I've seen her do or say anything since before Biden was elected, although admittedly I don't do media. She could be, just like most people could be without us knowing.

If she is, or if she has an autistic child, I'd hope she was already using her position as VP to enact change for NDs.

Has that happened?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 8:03 pm

Oh, golly!

Yet another celebrity suspected of being autistic.

You might think that being autistic means being intelligent, well-educated, successful, popular, and wealthy.

I mean . . . just look at how many people with autism on this very website are presumptive presidential candidates!

My, my . . . will wonders never cease?

:roll:

[/sarcasm]

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

softlyspeaks41
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2024, 9:57 pm

Never thought about it ...I guess it's a question to ponder. Of course those couple traits don't autism a confirmation make

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2024, 11:49 pm

In 2017 Kamala Harris in support of the Affordable Care Act retweeted a tweet from a mother whose daughter is autistic and epileptic.

https://x.com/kamalaharris/status/88313 ... DGNqpjUrsA

Kamala has an adult stepson and an adult stepdaughter.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 24 Jul 2024, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 12:08 am

Suuure why not? :D after all, Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong Un are all autistic as well. So were Hitler and Vlad the Impaler and Saddam Hussein.

I wish I could self-induce a coma for the next six months so I won't have to hear any more of this political crap. But when I come out of it the world will be even worse. North America will be a dead zone. The nukes and the climate will destroy everything. Might as well have the Kool-Aid ready. :skull:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 12:40 am

Kamala's daughter is not her biological child,
they are however, very close

She's a high flying runway model engaged to the editor of a major news company, so if she is autistic and has epilepsy then she's certainly coping really well.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 4:36 am

Kamala Harris seems very not-autistic to me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 7:29 am

Cath53 wrote:
With Kamala's poor spontaneous communication skills and repetitive speech I wonder if she's autistic? I read that her daughter is autistic and has epilepsy. Would be great to see Kamala promote Neurodiversity understanding so that we are more respected?

Her daughter is a stepdaughter. No genetic relation.

But why not?

Lincoln was autistic, and so is Barron Trump, and so was Hitler...according to some folks. :roll:

BillyTree
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 3:53 pm

Fnord wrote:

I mean . . . just look at how many people with autism on this very website are presumptive presidential candidates!

I guess maybe a handfull at most, but me, I am too much of an introvert. So I want to make it clear once and for all:
If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve.

BillyTree
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 4:02 pm

From Psychology Today:

In the world of personality assessment, psychologist Aubrey Immelman of the College of St. Benedict has been researching and rating candidates for decades. Drawing on the work of Theodore Millon, Immelman and his group have developed a personality metric that uses open sources and empirical ratings to assess, at a distance, the personality of major presidential candidates, "as publicly perceived."
In her empirical ratings, Harris scored highly on the traits of "dominant," "narcissistic/confident," and "outgoing." This assertive and charismatic pattern, Immelman predicted last year, made Harris, with Biden, one of the top two most electable candidates then running in the Democratic primary. (Outgoing, dominant candidates often do better than conscientious/dutiful ones, who may have trouble "reading" others and are less happy while working the room.)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ts-comment

That doesn't sound like an autistic person to me.

Edit: That said, I like Kamala Harris and the way her rhetorical skills makes her able to run circles around Trump.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 4:20 pm

BillyTree wrote:
Fnord wrote:

I guess maybe a handfull at most, but me, I am too much of an introvert. So I want to make it clear once and for all:
If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve.

Both Trump and Harris are crestfallen (Trump regrets picking Vance and wants to swap him out, and Harris hasnt picked her running mate yet). :lol:
But the rest of us here on WP are still...in imminent danger of being drafted to run!

I guess that we all should...just keep a low profile!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 4:25 pm

BillyTree wrote:
From Psychology Today:

In the world of personality assessment, psychologist Aubrey Immelman of the College of St. Benedict has been researching and rating candidates for decades. Drawing on the work of Theodore Millon, Immelman and his group have developed a personality metric that uses open sources and empirical ratings to assess, at a distance, the personality of major presidential candidates, "as publicly perceived."
In her empirical ratings, Harris scored highly on the traits of "dominant," "narcissistic/confident," and "outgoing." This assertive and charismatic pattern, Immelman predicted last year, made Harris, with Biden, one of the top two most electable candidates then running in the Democratic primary. (Outgoing, dominant candidates often do better than conscientious/dutiful ones, who may have trouble "reading" others and are less happy while working the room.)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ts-comment

That doesn't sound like an autistic person to me.

Edit: That said, I like Kamala Harris and the way her rhetorical skills makes her able to run circles around Trump.

This.
Hardly "autistic".

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 5:53 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
. . . the rest of us here on WP are still...in imminent danger of being drafted to run!

I guess that we all should...just keep a low profile!
Not Me!  I would accept the nomination in a heartbeat.  Imagine being paid to do nothing but stay awake during meetings, smile and wave at cameras, and not say anything stupid.  I could do that.

Well . . . two out of three, anyway . . .

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 6:55 pm

bee33 wrote:
Kamala Harris seems very not-autistic to me.

Honestly, she comes off as just being lazy and self-absorbed. Most of the awkwardness would likely go away if she would just do her job. Reportedly, she's gotten angry at her staffers for her not being prepared when they provided her with the necessary materials to be prepared.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2024, 7:12 pm

^She doesn't strike me as lazy, self-absorbed, or awkward.