Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 2:32 am

Get the popcorn going and watch this s**t...the ole switcheroo that Kamala and Biden pulled has really freaked out Mr. trump and his supporters

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 2:54 am

My fear now is that Trump will also pull out. I think this becomes more likely if it starts to look nailed on that he will lose.

I think if is poll ratings slip much more, he'll become more interested in protecting himself against prosecution. He can do that by making a deal with another republican candidate that he'll be pardoned for anything if he gets out of the way. Then just tell his supporters he's ill and can't fight for them.

Then you might have a stronger Republican candidate (Nikki Haley?) who can challenge Kamala.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 3:10 am

DuckHairback wrote:
My fear now is that Trump will also pull out. I think this becomes more likely if it starts to look nailed on that he will lose.

I think if is poll ratings slip much more, he'll become more interested in protecting himself against prosecution. He can do that by making a deal with another republican candidate that he'll be pardoned for anything if he gets out of the way. Then just tell his supporters he's ill and can't fight for them.

Then you might have a stronger Republican candidate (Nikki Haley?) who can challenge Kamala.

Ha good luck, too late now still would be interesting if they can get someone in their party to debeate Kamala the invitation is still open since Donald Trump is too cowardly to face kamala in the debate but I bet they'd still accept a trump representee. I still say get out the popcorn.

King Kat 1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 5:57 am

Trump needs to go down like Goldwater did in 1964. Won't be by that much, if Harris wins but anyone who still supports Trump I just don't get, ideology aside

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 7:55 am

This again (SMH).

Yes, it looks bad for him now, yes his campaign looks dazed and confused by Harris replacing Biden, yes it looks so bad now that this is the time he finally did his political career in.

After the Hollywood Access tape he was down by 7 to 9 points with 3 weeks to go. That was worse than now.

Being impeached twice did not derail his career.

Surely Russiagate was going to do him in. What was Russiagate again?

Surely all those criminal indictments would do him in.

Surely being convicted of felonies would do him in.

Surely being held liable for rape would do him in.

Saying Harris chose to be black was a vile racist thing to say. Was it worse than mocking Gold Star families?, etc, etc.

Now the good news. If people say this is the thing that dooms him enough times eventually they will be right. I predict his dying will doom his political career. Hopefully, all of the Trump demise predicters will be right before then.

If it does happen before I leave this earth I will be in shock, relieved. It will take me a long time to believe it actually happened. Relieved yes, happy no. I will be angry and frustrated about all the self-inflicted damage and wondering if said damage can be undone.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

BillyTree
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 8:32 am

DuckHairback wrote:

In the last years there have been several republican politicians making ridiculious political statements in line with what Trump is saying. Are these politicians actually this weird and out of touch with realitiy or are they only eager to suck up to Trump? If Trump were out of the way, maybe they would start acting more like "normal" republicans?

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 9:00 am

Only 3 things are certain in life.

Death
Taxes
Donald Trump

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 10:03 am

I don’t see how Trump is certain at this point.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 10:19 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I don’t see how Trump is certain at this point.

Admittedly that's hyperbole. Trump may not be certain in the literal sense, but highly likely.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 10:19 am

I could see it going either way. Both candidates have people who will support them no matter what, but they're both deeply off-putting and unpopular outside those groups.

Biden almost certainly would have lost to Trump in hindsight. I doubt Biden would have even survived another year or two as president given the stresses of the job and his increasing mental and physical frailty.
"Please stop letting grandad drive--he's been at it way too long now, and he keeps dozing off at the wheel."

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 10:25 am

According to polls, it’s very close. I’m certainly feeling more excited about voting now that Biden is out.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 11:59 am

Perhaps, but the Democrats are doing their best to see that he wins. I'm not sure how else you explain the primaries that were rigged to the extent that nobody in their right mind can claim that it was the will of the people that led to Kamala being the nominee.

TwilightPrincess wrote:
According to polls, it’s very close. I’m certainly feeling more excited about voting now that Biden is out.

Yes, and there's still 3 months until the general election. With it being this close, all it would take for Trump to win is for there to be a poor turnout of the sorts that she has in her coalition. And fearmongering of the the Republicans doing the things that they've been promising to do over the last couple decades may not be sufficient after all the previous times they used the same rhetoric without promising reasons to support them.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 12:09 pm

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
With it being this close, all it would take for Trump to win is for there to be a poor turnout of the sorts that she has in her coalition.

We’ll have to see what happens. With it being so close, I think it’s absurd to say that it will probably go one way or the other. It’s currently looking up for Democrats from where we were, and I hope that trend continues over the coming months.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 12:23 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
MatchboxVagabond wrote:
With it being this close, all it would take for Trump to win is for there to be a poor turnout of the sorts that she has in her coalition.

We’ll have to see what happens. With it being so close, I think it’s absurd to say that it will probably go one way or the other. It’s currently looking up for Democrats from where we were, and I hope that trend continues over the coming months.

Yep, I personally think it's somewhat more likely for Trump to win, just because of how the system works, but it could definitely go either way, especially since there are still court proceedings in process.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2024, 12:23 pm

MaxE wrote:
Only 3 things are certain in life.

Death
Taxes
Donald Trump

:lol: :cry:

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2024, 12:24 am

As he should, down the toilet. I'd be happy to push him and "Pull the lever."