Page 10 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 4:50 am

I think it smacks more of a combination of Narcissistic Personality Disorder (like Hitler and Mugabe) and paranoid schizophrenia. I have a link to it, he IMHO he fits to profile of one so well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissist ... y_disorder

headphase
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 5:11 am

What is the point of staying alive when you know the state is going to kill you?

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 6:13 am

When I first heard "Ishmael" it reminded me of the novel "Moby Dick." I haven't read that story in years, but as far as I can remember Ishmael was about the only sane person on that boat. Perhaps he felt the same way, that he was the only one who thought and lived the right way. I don't think the name was a reference to the Bible since he ripped on Christianity in the manifesto.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 8:52 am

I don't mean to criticize Yank reporters, BUT ! !! Don't these people have directors who help them to go over what they're going to say on the air? One chap was speaking of the various memorials that the students had built to honor those slain. Then he says "so and so was one of those people Cho is accused of killing." WHAT ?? Say bloody wot? "Accused??" Is he in custody? Is he "da alleged phapatratrah?" (That's a New York cop saying alleged perpetrator.) What in blazes goes through these reporters minds? Cho KILLED these students. He is the known KILLER. There are eye witnesses, he left videos saying he was going to do it. WHY would someone EVER say 'accused' in this case??

Alright, rant over. No slight against Yanks in general. Just bloody fools who are 'alleged' reporters.

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 9:38 am

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
"so and so was one of those people Cho is accused of killing." WHAT ?? Say bloody wot? "Accused??"

Not even that is politically correct anymore - he should have been saying "person of interest" ;)

[/sarcasm]