The ranks of the powerful attract pedophiles

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2014, 12:43 am

I have seen nothing that makes me think that the prevalence of pedophilia is any greater among the rich and powerful than among the rest of the population.

What's the big deal about being mad at the rich and powerful? Jealousy? Envy? Whatever it is, it's rather disgusting.

Persevero
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Aug 2014, 8:51 am

They tend to use their money and power to escape justice. Just that little thing.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2014, 10:56 am

Persevero wrote:
They tend to use their money and power to escape justice. Just that little thing.

In reality, nearly everyone across all economic levels tries to escape justice for their bad actions. Some do it with money and power. Some do it by intimidating and murdering witnesses. Some do it by running away and assuming a new identity. Some do it by trying to implicate others as the culprits or by letting others who are wrongfully accused take the blame. Some do it by pleading guilty on lesser charges if the main charges are dropped.

There's nothing unique about the rich and powerful in wanting to escape justice.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2014, 12:08 am

Persevero wrote:

Not only that, but wealth gives them access to do things which people without said wealth could not risk or even hope to have access to.

A documentary I watched about the sex trade in SE asia and the Philippines had a segment that showed that most sex tourists are relatively low to middle income people in their 1st world countries and when they come over, only a small percent of them seek or acquire underage 'services'. The reason was mostly because these tourists had to do their own footwork to find adult prostitutes and it was very risky to 'foot' for underage. Most arrests and convictions made come from this group.

In contrast, those who were of the wealthier segments could afford to pay the local 'concierge' services to bring them their sex partners..of any age or whatever other preference they wanted. Once the local concierges get involved its a whole different ball game.. the local networks work for them and it is all set to be relatively untraceable to the 'client' should things go bad. The police has to catch these wealthy tourists 'on the act' and thanks to the corruption of those places that hardly ever happens.

When the do get caught... money talks. If the local authorities cannot be bought then the lawyers they can afford do it. That's IF it gets to the lawyers to begin with since these people have powerful networks of their own which pressure and work on the gov. officials to keep it quiet or release them.

Its messed up.

Hi_Im_B0B
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Aug 2014, 2:00 pm

eric76 wrote:
I have seen nothing that makes me think that the prevalence of pedophilia is any greater among the rich and powerful than among the rest of the population.

What's the big deal about being mad at the rich and powerful? Jealousy? Envy? Whatever it is, it's rather disgusting.
i don't think people are mad at the rich and powerful just for the mere fact of that wealth or power. i think people get mad at those rich and powerful individuals who abuse their wealth and power to hurt and subjugate the poor and weak.

what's the deal with you finding that reaction disgusting? some might infer that you could be one of those abusive wealthy/powerful individuals yourself, or at least a sympathizer. (please note - i am not accusing you of any such vile behavior, just pointing out that that's kind of how your reaction could be perceived.)