Fox News Reports: On The Bush Family's Nazi ties!

Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 2:45 pm

JonnyBGoode wrote:
Oh please. You make yourself look more and more the idiot with each post. Do you seriously think President Bush has "absolute, unrestricted control in [our] government"?

[more]

Such utter ridiculous nonsense. We Aspies look bad enough without coming off as conspiratorial loonies.

Quoted for truth. I am so tired of hearing about how the government is trying to restrict our rights and make us brain-fried servants. This is not Brave New World people; it's real life.

Three years!

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 2:54 pm

TheResistance wrote:
The Secret Patriot Act II Destroys What Is Left of American Liberty

A Brief Analysis of the Domestic Security Enhancement Act 2003, Also Known as Patriot Act II
By Alex Jones
www.infowars.com
(Posted Feb 10, 2003)

Congressman Ron Paul (R-Tex) told the Washington Times that no member of Congress was allowed to read ( THE FRIST PATRIOT ACT) that was passed by the House on October 27, 2001. The first Patriot Act was universally decried by civil libertarians and Constitutional scholars from across the political spectrum. William Safire, while writing for the New York Times, described the first Patriot Act's powers by saying that President Bush was seizing dictatorial control.... [etc]

god damn.... as much as i hate to admit it, he has a point. Based on america's recent political trend, it seems like someone on the higher-ups is trying to make a power grab. But there's no way in hell they're getting me. I'll move to Japan if i have to, i won't stick around to see the pinnacle of democracy get wasted by a bunch of tyraninical maniacs. Say-o-nara.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

JonnyBGoode
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 3:03 pm

It was boring enough the first time. What was the point of posting it again?

And I still don't see brownshirts marching the streets, my liberties being taken away, Jews being carted off to camps...

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 3:11 pm

Alright, as long as we are blaming people for Hitler's rise to power, let's not forget the the Treaty of Versailles, the Great Depression, and also that no one besides Churchill seemed to think Hitler was such a bad guy. (Ever read any history books on that era?)

To say that Bush is a Nazi just because you don't like him is juvenile and ridiculous. This is a dumb story, a story designed to incite negative reactions amongst people who don't think. President Bush is not a dictator, not even close. The American People, while continuing to travel down a path that is going to lead to a dictator, are not quite ready to roll over and play dead. We're not that stupid. But someone who is so willing to believe that the FIGUREHEAD that is the President has the same power as a dictator is stupid. President Bush does not have absolute power. He still has to go through congress and the senate. The congress and the senate don't want people to remember that, of course, but it is true.

Pug
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2007, 3:27 pm

I don't think it's that strange. Most people in other countries (especially american employers) liked the way the German fascist regime handeled dissatisfied employees (employees were handeled pretty bad at that time, in america and...actually eveywhere, and weren't always as satisfied as one would expect them to be :P ). So they supported them. They liked the hard way Hitler was on, didn't all people listen to Hitler? (whether they wanted or not?)
(Of course, after Pearl Harbor America hated fascism and supported communism, and Stalin was called nice and so. 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend', isn't it?)
For Bush's family is quite rich they'll have supported the fascism.

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2007, 11:52 pm

President Bush Sr's wife went to the astrodome after hurricane katrina and told a reporter that the accomadations there were just fine as most of them were underprivileged anyway.. ! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Governer Arnold's family has been linked to Nazi germany and it's war profiteering as well.

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2007, 11:55 pm

Bush is a puppet propped up by all those around him for their varying financial interests. He was groomed for the presidency since a little boy and all the oil and war profiteering taking place now was planned many years ago. They were only waiting for the right opportunity to "sell" the war to the public.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 8:46 am

(bang head on wall)

Here is the actual document(link, PDF file). It is not unusual for politicians, officeholders to consult privately over possible impending legislation. The reason they don't just issue press releases about everything they intend to do is because their political opponents would be able to much more easily block what they intend to do (and yes, the "political opponents" do the same thing).

The Patriot Act II never became law, although some it's proposal's did (some of the Patriot Act was also retracted by congress).

Alex Jones is a jackass.

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2007, 11:53 am

there are still way to many provisions of the patriot act that are in affect that do take away our personal liberties and freedoms, so if they come after you, you will have no recourse. And most everyday citizens are either completely oblivious or think it doesn't affect them because they aren't terrorists, but we are beginning to see stories of "everyday people" whose lives have been affected greatly, though they usually don't cover this stuff on mainstraim "FOX network" type biased so-called news.

They can follow you, search you, hold you without legal representation, tap your phones, check your phone and library records, refuse you services such as flying on an airline without any explanation, and so on and so forth. You can be found guilty until proven innocent now even under the current LEGAL standards of the patriot act.

This should be scary especially to anyone who is "different" and doesn't fit into the mainstream as you could end up a target.

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2007, 11:55 am

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."

-Benjamin Franklin

psych
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 12:28 pm

jimservo wrote:
So, lets leave the final word about this entire bogus "scandal" to the Jewish Anti-Defamation League?

Lets not. The ADL is about as bogus and deceptive an organization as one can imagine.

JonnyBGoode
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 1:16 pm

newaspie wrote:
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."

-Benjamin Franklin

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.”

-Benjamin Franklin

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2007, 1:37 pm

everything I've stated is based on well researched fact.

Any historian will tell you an empire is unsustainable, and the comparison to the evolution, rise and fall of the Roman Empire is striking.

Most Germans didn't see it coming until their country was falling to pieces, because they believed in Hitler's promise of a great and powerful nation.

The ones that did see things going on, were incredibly ignorant to the truth and mostly thought the Jews were being place elsewhere outside of the country for their country's benefit, rather than being starved, tortured and burned to death.

Last edited by newaspie on 18 Apr 2007, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2007, 1:45 pm

This is not unlike rounding up Muslims and holding them against there will and sending them to places where torture is legal. Many they have no evidence on nor are they allowed legal representation.

There are many civil and human rights activists working for some of these people who were rounded up on ridiculous suspicion not grounded in fact, simply because they are Muslim or Middle Eastern.

Some of our very own high government officials have spoken out against this and are looking into getting many out who are obviously innocent but have been held against their will for years now.

Look it up.

If you don't care for this topic because it is "boring", then go post in one you are interested in!!

JonnyBGoode
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 1:49 pm

Last I looked, the United States wasn't an Empire. Never has been. The comparison is moot.

I am sorry you want to see your country fail so bad, though.

And Ben Franklin was sometimes a dumbf***. Not only were a lot of his sayings contradictory ("Look before you leap", but "he who hesitates is lost"...), he was an eccentric who used to take "air baths" naked out on his back porch. He wanted the national bird to be the turkey, he wanted the national motto to be "mind your own business." And he's the idiot that came up with Daylight Savings Time.

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2007, 1:58 pm

I don't want us to fail. i want our country to succeed. That is why I stay informed on what is happening in our country as well as abroad and speak out about my rights when I don't agree with policy.

We aren't officially called an Empire, but our national and military policies are in line with the definition of Empire.

Who cares about ben franklin's oddities?

What good does it do to take away our personal liberties? Then we no longer hold the ideals of the free and democratic society we claim to be spreading with guns and bombs.