Page 2 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 5:32 pm

Should I have jumped up and down in happiness and joy when Bush-critic Molly Ivans died after bravely battling cancer? How about when David Halberstam
was killed in a car crash? I really don't understand this feeling of joy at the deaths of those with whom you disagree.

You know Jerry Fallwell did good things too. He wasn't perfect, but he wasn't an evil man, he wasn't as another poster commented an "(American) Taliban." I mean, my god, do you have any understanding of what the Taliban were?

This is all very frustrating.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 5:37 pm

jimservo wrote:
Should I have jumped up and down in happiness and joy when Bush-critic Molly Ivans died after bravely battling cancer? How about when David Halberstam
was killed in a car crash? I really don't understand this feeling of joy at the deaths of those with whom you disagree.

You know Jerry Fallwell did good things too. He wasn't perfect, but he wasn't an evil man, he wasn't as another poster commented an "(American) Taliban." I mean, my god, do you have any understanding of what the Taliban were?

We should be happy because there's one less idiot in the world.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 5:46 pm

Sopho wrote:
jimservo wrote:

We should be happy because there's one less idiot in the world.

Yeah, that kinda guy should be remembered for his bad deeds

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 7:26 pm

What was, by comparison, an appropriate reaction to the death of Saddam Hussein?

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 8:01 pm

Fred Phelps and his lunatic church for fools and idiots have decided to jump into it:

Quote:
. Falwell was a true Calvinistic Baptist when he was a young preacher in Springfield, Missouri, and sold his soul to Free-Willism (Arminianism) for lucre.

2. Falwell bitterly and viciously attacked WBC because of WBC's faithful Bible preaching -- thereby committing the unpardonable sin -- otherwise known as the sin against the Holy Ghost.

3. Falwell warmly praised Christ-rejecting Jews, pedophile-condoning Catholics, money-grubbing compromisers, practicing f*gs like Mel White, and backsliders like Billy Graham and Robert Schuler, etc. All for lucre -- making him guilty of their sins.

Falwell is in Hell, Praise God!! [censored by me]

In this rare case I decline to include a source link unless it is specifically requested. Obviously, I do not claim that each person who is happy that Falwell died shares the same identical feelings.

ericmc783
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 May 2007, 9:52 pm

Sopho wrote:
He was an evil f**k. Thank god the bastard is dead.

Edit: HAHAHA. It is morally wrong to celebrate anyone's death, except maybe hitler or hussein.

He had beliefs different than yours, but who did he ever murder, or rape, of hurt, or steal from?

Last edited by ericmc783 on 18 May 2007, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 9:56 pm

He preached intolerant hatred. He can't do that anymore. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 10:01 pm

ericmc783 wrote:
Sopho wrote:
He was an evil f**k. Thank god the bastard is dead.

praying for your death soon. It is morally wrong to celebrate anyone's death, except maybe hitler or hussein.

He had beliefs different than yours, but who did he ever murder, or rape, of hurt, or steal from?

Murder: His followers did it to abortion doctors
Rape: American dignity
Hurt: America
Steal From: Suckers who followed him

ericmc783
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 May 2007, 10:06 pm

ericmc783 wrote:

TruenoBlues wrote:

TruenoBlues:

In the words of Bill O'Reilly, "enjoy the kool-aid, sir".

Like Falwell has or had any control over what the TRULY fanatical people did. If Falwell himself would have ever condoned such radicalism, he would have been locked-up long ago.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 10:14 pm

ericmc783 wrote:
ericmc783 wrote:

TruenoBlues wrote:

TruenoBlues:

In the words of Bill O'Reilly, "enjoy the kool-aid, sir".

Like Falwell has or had any control over what the TRULY fanatical people did. If Falwell himself would have ever condoned such radicalism, he would have been locked-up long ago.

First of all, don't quote that pathological, lying, slime-ball O'Reilly at me. And he DID condone that radicalism. It's illegal to TELL someone to commit murder, but it isn't to praise the act after the fact.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 10:25 pm

TruenoBlues wrote:

Do you have any actual evidence of this? I am not sure of the number of murders of abortion doctors since Roe, I think it might be between 10-20. I know it's lower then 20, but I can't recall the exact number. The number of attempted numbers I would presume is higher, and the number of arsons I ran into a number around 60.

Still, let's assume that the person watched the show every day. This isn't the same as saying he endorsed it since I know he never did so since that was never reported (if it had been they would reported). Fringe figures commit crimes, even murder, and are inspired by mainstream/semi-mainstream people that do would never endorse their action directly. Animal rights people have committed bombings. The Unabomber was a an anti-technology belief and apparently was familiar with Al Gore Earth in the Balance. But that doesn't mean The Unabomber=Al Gore.

Of course part of this is that I don't "get it." I don't dislike Christians so there isn't that. While I never had much use for Falwell I didn't hate him or see any reason to (although I don't hate people who I disagree with anyway). I am pro-life and politically conservative so there isn't that.

:?

headphase
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 10:30 pm

Quote:
It is morally wrong to celebrate anyone's death, except maybe hitler or hussein.

were they not human as well?

I feel I am more obligated to celerate Falwell's death since he had more of an influence than either of the two you mentioned.

Last edited by headphase on 15 May 2007, 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 10:33 pm

headphase wrote:
Quote:
It is morally wrong to celebrate anyone's death, except maybe hitler or hussein.

No.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 10:35 pm

Quote:
The overwhelming majority of anti-abortion activists nationwide, however, have come out strongly and clearly against the clinic bombings. When Washington Mayor Marion Barry said that "the Jerry Falwells of the world ( ought to condemn this type of terrorist activity," Falwell heatedly noted that he had. Said the Moral Majority leader: "The bombings are criminal and terroristic and very damaging to the cause of the unborn." Joseph Scheidler, executive director of the Chicago-based Pro-Life Action League, has been arrested six times for illegal picketing of abortion facilities and has written a book called Closed: Ninety-Nine Ways to Shut Down the Abortion Industry. Yet last week he said of the violence, "We understand why it occurs. Still, I reject it. I don't think it is helpful, or that it will work to change anything. We prefer persuasion." [emphasis noted]

(source)[/url]

Maybe someone has something else in this regards that conflicts?

headphase
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 10:35 pm

TruenoBlues wrote:
headphase wrote:
Quote:

No.

BS

HockeyJunkie
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 May 2007, 10:38 pm

I feel a song coming on:

"Another one bites the dust!"