Fake Coronovirus Cures vs. the "Darwin Award".

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2020, 4:36 am

Karamazov wrote:
Thoughts on after sleep and having read Ezra’s post immediately below my earlier one:

• It is true that there is no link between Mr Trump’s response to being questioned about the substance in question and this specific event. So holding him personally culpable in this instance is unfair.

• However, he should have some kind of memorised script along the lines of “until and unless I notify the public that a cure has been affirmed by the CDC and FDA I would advise them to approach all claims of a cure they come across with caution and scepticism.”

• The fact he does not could be construed as reflecting badly on his aides: all negative things that have and can be said as to his character and intellect taken into account they’ve had four years to work out how to manage him and help him do his job effectively.

• One could argue he is being let down by his staff, and feel a degree of sympathy for a man in a very difficult job he is most likely not enjoying: without relinquishing grave misgivings about his fitness for the job in the process.

I agree some and would agree more if he had not tossed in provisos such as "it could be" "it might work" and "we don't know".

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2020, 7:07 am

EzraS wrote:
Karamazov wrote:
Thoughts on after sleep and having read Ezra’s post immediately below my earlier one:

• It is true that there is no link between Mr Trump’s response to being questioned about the substance in question and this specific event. So holding him personally culpable in this instance is unfair.

• However, he should have some kind of memorised script along the lines of “until and unless I notify the public that a cure has been affirmed by the CDC and FDA I would advise them to approach all claims of a cure they come across with caution and scepticism.”

• The fact he does not could be construed as reflecting badly on his aides: all negative things that have and can be said as to his character and intellect taken into account they’ve had four years to work out how to manage him and help him do his job effectively.

• One could argue he is being let down by his staff, and feel a degree of sympathy for a man in a very difficult job he is most likely not enjoying: without relinquishing grave misgivings about his fitness for the job in the process.

I agree some and would agree more if he had not tossed in provisos such as "it could be" "it might work" and "we don't know".

Yeah, on reflection I thought those came across as him struggling to know how to respond appropriately due to lack of preparation, and doing his best: which was why my thoughts turned to “well what are his aides and support staff up to then if they’re letting him meet the press without a scripted response to any such question?”

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2020, 7:24 am

He often speaks off the cuff. Which is something some people like about him. But he's the president not the surgeon general. So when he or any politician talks about cures off the cuff I am going to take it with a grain of salt. It is all speculation anyways even from the experts until it is firmly established. And then whatever has to be taken properly. Even fully approved medications can be leathal when not taken properly.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2020, 8:09 am

Ab.
So.
Lute.
Ly.
He is simply repeating what some of the experts have said.
He knows nothing about concentrations, mixtures, dosage, he is saying some SUBSTANCES seem to be offering hope.
For instance, many, many lives have been extended or saved by chemotherapy.
Chemo is, however, basically poison, and most patients doing a course of chemo have
bad reactions to it; vomiting, diarrhea, but consider it worth it for a chance to live.