Page 2 of 16 [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2024, 7:43 pm

Shooter was killed by counter sniper force.News is reporting AR-15 was used by shooter.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2024, 7:48 pm

cyberdad wrote:
^^ What if it was a lovers quarrel and the shooter was trying to kill trump's aide or security?

This post does not deserve a response because its so divorced from reality.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2024, 7:50 pm

After the smoke clears, the media can ask Trump about gun control, particularly assault weapons.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2024, 7:52 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Shooter was killed by counter sniper force.News is reporting AR-15 was used by shooter.

Yes. And the shooter was shooting from far away, outside the security perimeter, from a small building, aiming into the event at the VIP of the event from maybe dozens of yards away. It was not someone in the Trump entrourage next to Trump on the podium...dumb enough settle a score with a third member of the Trump entourage by shooting them on National TV with Secret Security there...AND managing to miss said third party ...and hitting Trump by mistake. :lol:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2024, 7:56 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Shots fired at a Trump rally is not synonymous with shots fired at Trump.

Right.

The gunman was probably out to murder the guy standing next to Trump...Trump's suit case carrying flunky assistant - and missed...and hit Trump by mistake....because Trump's valet is more likely and important target for assassination than...the ex and possible future POTUS. :lol: :lol: :lol:

^How much angel dust were you on when you were using THIS kinda logic?

OK...I get it. If THE ONLY news outlet you had access to only said "shots fired at a Trump rally"...it COULD mean two yahoos in the audience shooting each other.

But even in the first few confusing seconds most TV stations were saying "Trump injured at a rally...we dont know what happened" and the vids showed blood on the side of his head. So from the get go it was safe for even us non experts to assume that its an assassination attempt on the candidate.

I wouldn't rule out violence between Trump supporters. Especially based on the single linked article.

Further reporting is making it seem to be an attempt on Trump.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2024, 8:04 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Would be interested in their identity?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2024, 8:05 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Yes. And the shooter was shooting from far away, outside the security perimeter, from a small building, aiming into the event at the VIP of the event from maybe dozens of yards away. It was not someone in the Trump entrourage next to Trump on the podium...dumb enough settle a score with a third member of the Trump entourage by shooting them on National TV with Secret Security there...AND managing to miss said third party ...and hitting Trump by mistake. :lol:

So an AR15 with a sniper's scope?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2024, 8:14 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Would be interested in their identity?

Ya I would be too but they have not released the identity yet.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2024, 8:16 pm

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

So an AR15 with a sniper's scope?

He or she could have had optics.I dont know how far the shots were so its possible the AR-15 did not have a scope but I dont know but I would guess it had a scope or some kind of optics.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2024, 8:36 pm

I'm guessing the shooter wasn't accurate or else he/she was too far away/without optics so couldn't get a straight shot.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2024, 8:38 pm

Australian news reporting 2 killed and 2 critically wounded so possible death toll might end up as 4

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2024, 8:41 pm

cyberdad wrote:
^^ What if it was a lovers quarrel and the shooter was trying to kill trump's aide or security?

He was being artastic.

https://everything2.com/user/Zifendorf/writeups/shutdow

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2024, 9:01 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I'm guessing the shooter wasn't accurate or else he/she was too far away/without optics so couldn't get a straight shot.

The former president turned his head and the bullet missed his head by a few millimeters at most.This would have been assassination if president would not have turned his head when he did.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2024, 9:28 pm

Interesting to think what would have happened if he actually had been killed.
Interesting to think what will happen now that he has survived. Knowing Trump, he will milk this for all its worth, especially if the shooter is a democrat/progressive/etc.

The times keep getting more interesting. And dangerous.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2024, 9:36 pm

roronoa79 wrote:
Interesting to think what would have happened if he actually had been killed.
Interesting to think what will happen now that he has survived. Knowing Trump, he will milk this for all its worth, especially if the shooter is a democrat/progressive/etc.

The times keep getting more interesting. And dangerous.

Yes, we'll have to see what the motives might have been. I can think of possible reasons for pretty much any portion of the political spectrum to take a shot at him. Literally anybody from a left wing extremist to a MAGA-world person that was upset over Trump's failure to do anything to protect the 1/6 rioters and anybody in between.

I do see a fair amount of folks online jumping to conclusions, but we just don't know.

But, if it turns out to be somebody from the left, it pretty much means that both Biden and Harris have to go, because they weren't going to win as it is, and with that extra baggage they haven't got a chance.