Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2024, 4:10 am

DuckHairback wrote:
My fear now is that Trump will also pull out. I think this becomes more likely if it starts to look nailed on that he will lose.

I think if is poll ratings slip much more, he'll become more interested in protecting himself against prosecution. He can do that by making a deal with another republican candidate that he'll be pardoned for anything if he gets out of the way. Then just tell his supporters he's ill and can't fight for them.

Then you might have a stronger Republican candidate (Nikki Haley?) who can challenge Kamala.

But I don't see a narcissist like Trump doing that. While he is obviously running to stay out of prison, he's getting way too big of an ego boost from the MAGA cult adoration. He'll stay in whether he can win or not, then will again claim the election was stolen from him when he loses. This time, though, the only way he'll be able to stay out of prison is if he flees to Russia or Saudi Arabia.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2024, 12:15 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Get the popcorn going and watch this s**t...the ole switcheroo that Kamala and Biden pulled has really freaked out Mr. trump and his supporters

I heard he deliberately waited 'till after the Trump conference. Timing is everything.