Man tries to improve on the fairer sex,

Page 2 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ForsakenEagle
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Dec 2008, 1:59 pm

Yeah, this has been predicted by everybody pretty much.

Xanderbeanz wrote:
"billy, wanna go get a job?"

"no ma, i'd rather make out with my marilyn monrobot"

XD

Hahah! That was good. One of my favorites from the show.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 2:00 pm

Getting to the Bot(tom) of it all topic

I saw this on CTV news last night. the engineer stated he built this robot to service elderly and disabled people who need help. Help with what?

Apparently, he programmed "her" to slap someone and to protest if touched without "her" permission. :? And those clothes. I would imagine he dresses her in non- office attire when they are alone. :lol:

Maybe I am envious. Build a guy like Data who knows 400 ways of satisfying a woman! :P

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 2:13 pm

But if the Fembot craze takes over it will be a stigmata for the guys that own one. I mean everyone will know you are a loser with the gals if you have to buy your own mechanical woman who isn't programmed to say no. Its pretty much akin to openly admitting to the world that you own a blow up doll or have to buy a prostitute to get some.

So we basically know now that this inventor is a loser since he built a Fembot. If he was really building a robot to assist the disabled they would not need to look like a common office whore.

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 2:50 pm

Ticker wrote:
So we basically know now that this inventor is a loser since he built a Fembot. If he was really building a robot to assist the disabled they would not need to look like a common office whore.

ahh, but would you think he was homosexual if he built a male version instead? he may have built her because he doesn't have the skills required to get a girlfriend, but then again that does describe quite a few guys on here so i would go calling him a loser because of it, even i might get offended :lol:

as for the 'assisting disabled/looking like a whore' argument all i can say is this, everything needs a prototype ;)
besides, some old people don't feel comfortable around high tech gadgets and so if they look somewhat 'human' they may feel more at ease around them, and as for the sensor/slapping when being touched without permission thing i think it could be positive, if you had severe social issues and didn't know what was right or wrong would you rather touch a robot and get slaped and learn rather than touching another human and getting arrested/imprisoned?

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 6:41 pm

Xanderbeanz wrote:
"billy, wanna go get a job?"

"no ma, i'd rather make out with my marilyn monrobot"

XD

hahaaha

release_the_bats
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 7:29 pm

Ticker wrote:
Its pretty much akin to openly admitting to the world that you own a blow up doll or have to buy a prostitute to get some.

Robot prostitution . . . robot brothels . . . must be legal because they aren't sentient beings.

Now there's an idea for a business venture!

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 9:05 pm

where do i get 1?

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 10:36 pm

Do any other of my fellow otaku think this guy has been watching WAY too much Ghost in the Shell?

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 10:54 pm

yup.. the fembot crowd will go ape over that...;)

there's nothing that surprises me from that corner of the world...;) the universe is stranger than we can imagine...;)

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 12:21 am

- wrote:
That guy is such a liar, of course he's going to sleep with it

No, I believe he's telling the truth: he doesn't get a wink of sleep with "her" in the bed! :twisted:

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 12:23 am

Roxas_XIII wrote:
Do any other of my fellow otaku think this guy has been watching WAY too much Ghost in the Shell?

Ghost in the Shell? Not really.

The stories themes reminded me more of Chobits.

L.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 1:34 am

I'd add machine guns to them

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 1:41 am

This endeavor is illogical. Machines should not become more like humans, it should be the other way around... :twisted:

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 1:57 am

Cyberman wrote:
This endeavor is illogical. Machines should not become more like humans, it should be the other way around... :twisted:

Whwen ever I see a robot done this way I dier a little inside.

familiar_stranger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 7:11 am

Cyberman wrote:

the perfect human, in theory, would be more mechanical than biological... well that's my theory.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 11:17 am

^What about it being both biological and mechanical.

Living tissue on the outside but mechanical from the inside! :twisted: