Mass stabbing in England during children's event

Page 3 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 1:04 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
He just happened to show up by taxi with an exact address, to an event which was promoted heavily on social media and around the area and marketed for young girls?

Sorry but some people would rather use this as an excuse to be racist, than actually use their heads.

Yeah, I agree. I’m also noticing a trend on online platforms of dismissing violence towards girls and women. It’s hard to address the issue if people don’t think it’s an issue. It’s like they are often more comfortable making it about something else.

Quote:
LONDON (21 February 2024) – A UN expert today urged the UK Government to take urgent action to end all forms of violence against women and girls, as the country labelled it a “national threat”.

“Entrenched patriarchy at almost every level of society, combined with a rise in misogyny that permeates the physical and online world, is denying thousands of women and girls across the UK the right to live in safety, free from fear and violence,” said Reem Alsalem, the UN Special Rapporteur on violence against women and girls, in a statement at the end of a 10-day visit to the country.

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases ... -un-expert

The article talks about the UK specifically, but obviously, it’s a global problem.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 1:09 pm

The authorities are asking people not to speculate about motive but people are going to do it anyway.

We have at most very weak circumstantial evidence about motive.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 1:09 pm

Yeah and he might have done it out of a hate for Taylor Swift

He might just have got out of bed the wrong side, taken too many drugs or alcohol,he might have mental health

Or he might just have felt like going on a killing spree...imagine that

He might really hate Mondays even

There doesn't always have to be a reason for people to do these things

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 1:10 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The authorities are asking people not to speculate about motive but people are going to do it anyway.

Yeah well said man

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 1:10 pm

Playing the race card just plays into the hands of Reform UK and far right as ordinary working class people feel their free speech is being surpressed.

I don't like Farage and his mates and would never vote for them but the liberals are currently playing into his hands by supporting mass immigration.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Last edited by Rossall on 31 Jul 2024, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 1:17 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

We can be better. We can choose not to do it here.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 1:19 pm

Well said amigo

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 1:23 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

I'm curious how they said it's not terrorism when simultaneously saying they don't know the motive.

I agree his motive could be anything.
First and foremost, it's a problem with mental health so the focus imo should be on the NHS.

My point is that regardless of his mental health or his motive, it was a crime against girls and women.
It's also clear he would have known the demographic when he arrived.

I agree with bb that it could be a hate of TS.
TS is publicly endorsing Kamala Harris.

This could all run very deep into politics ^ , but regardless he targeted girls and women at an event where mothers were also collecting their kids, not many dads.

Poster:

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 1:25 pm

The BBC have said the accused's parents were from Rwanda so he's highly likely to be black. If you don't think that matters in a community like Southport that was 99% white 30 years ago then you don't want the truth. Call me and them racists if you like but people in the UK are fed up of mass immigration and all this aggro in Manchester, Leeds, Southport etc.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 1:32 pm

Holy cow now I've heard everything. Being black means he was predisposed? At first they were saying he was Syrian so he was predisposed, or Muslim so he was predisposed.

How about he was a mentally ill sociopath or a person who had a psychotic break which caused him to hunt females? If he wanted to kill anyone in his path he would have taken out the garage owner who confronted him.

I'm not trying to speculate on motive but I'm very tired of the racist / political rhetoric being spun by UK. We only have a few facts, and one is that this was a premeditated act of mass murder against girls and women.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 1:33 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm curious how they said it's not terrorism when simultaneously saying they don't know the motive.

The killer was a minor. There's not going to be a running commentary on who he is and why he did what he did while the police are investigating. This is correct and proper.

They did say it wasn't being investigated as terrorism which just means the killer isn't linked with known terrorist organisations. That can change as the investigation continues.

If the police do know the motivation, they're not sharing it yet and I wouldn't expect them to.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 1:39 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

The killer was a minor. There's not going to be a running commentary on who he is and why he did what he did while the police are investigating. This is correct and proper.

They did say it wasn't being investigated as terrorism which just means the killer isn't linked with known terrorist organisations. That can change as the investigation continues.

If the police do know the motivation, they're not sharing it yet and I wouldn't expect them to.

Yeah I get that and it makes sense, but how can they say they don't know motive? They should just say they're still investigating or they can't release info to the public. Beyond that, I'm disgusted that the hunting and premeditated murder of defenceless girls and women or gender-based crime in general isn't classed as "terrorism", but that's another topic.

I know it's too early to say gender was his motive, even though it was his choice of target.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 1:40 pm

People speculate bases on their own bias that's too be expected and I think it's important that not everyone who thinks it's racially motivated is an actual racist. It's not always as black and white as that +skews the pun)

There is a a moral panic in the UK about immigration being the root cause of almost everything that has gone wrong...this is unfortunately an epidemic and I don't think it's isolated to only the UK either

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 1:46 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Yeah I get that and it makes sense, but how can they say they don't know motive?

Because they've only had him in custody for a day. He might be extremely psychologically disturbed and unable to tell them why he did it. Even if he was able to say why, that's not enough for the police to say they know the motive. What he tells them might not be the truth. They'll want to examine all his electronic devices, speak to his friends and family. All this takes time.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 1:47 pm

UK can be upset about immigration. That's their choice. I just don't like the fact people are using these children's lives as a springboard for political strife. Can people just pause and show respect to the victims before attacking police or rioting in the streets where grieving families mourn?

I wouldn't want my child's face associated with any of this BS.

Like I said earlier, how do we know none of the kids were black, or immigrants?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2024, 1:50 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Beyond that, I'm disgusted that the hunting and premeditated murder of defenceless girls and women or gender-based crime in general isn't classed as "terrorism", but that's another topic.

I'm not sure we should water down terrorism until it's just another generic term for actions we don't approve of rather than one reserved for use of violence with the goal of achieving an ideological or political goal.

Isn't murder adequately harsh to describe murder? Especially when no ideological or political motive has been identified.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell