German brother and sister/couple want incest law removed.

Page 4 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

new_guy_64
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Mar 2007, 7:33 pm

cellogirl42 wrote:
*Looks at close male relative of same age*

Ew.
Just...Ew.

Amen :!:

new_guy_64
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Mar 2007, 7:34 pm

Pug wrote:
I don't oppose nor even disagree, if they're lovers, I don't see why not marry.
If they're really willing to have kids, unadopted, okay to me. It's not as if the chance to have disabled kids is that much bigger for them than for non-related couples.
Moreover, if you say it is bad for the kids anyway, go tell that to 40+ women willing to have a kid too. The chance they'll have a disabled kid is very big indeed.

Hmmm...I wonder what you're thinking about. :wink:

RichardL
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Mar 2007, 8:50 pm

new_guy_64 wrote:
RichardL wrote:
new_guy_64 wrote:
RichardL wrote:
Incest is normal and natural. I don't see why having sex with a sibling is any different from having sex with a non-relative.

Tell me why it's normal? I'd like hear your reasoning.

I just don't understand the concept of incest. Why should DNA prevent two consenting adults from having sex?

Have you read the other posts?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have read the other posts. I still believe that brother/sister or parent/adult child should be allowed to have sex.

new_guy_64
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Mar 2007, 8:59 pm

RichardL wrote:
new_guy_64 wrote:
RichardL wrote:
new_guy_64 wrote:
RichardL wrote:
Incest is normal and natural. I don't see why having sex with a sibling is any different from having sex with a non-relative.

I just don't understand the concept of incest. Why should DNA prevent two consenting adults from having sex?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have read the other posts. I still believe that brother/sister or parent/adult child should be allowed to have sex.

You believe that porking your own mom is morally acceptable! Having sex with her would totally destroy your relationship with your dad and you'd probably be ostracized by most of your family. Don't tell me you fantasize about this crap.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 12:04 am

You don't have the right to produce heavily deformed offspring that will have to deal with horrible social stigma.

RichardL
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2007, 3:16 pm

new_guy_64 wrote:
RichardL wrote:
new_guy_64 wrote:
RichardL wrote:
new_guy_64 wrote:
RichardL wrote:

You believe that porking your own mom is morally acceptable! Having sex with her would totally destroy your relationship with your dad and you'd probably be ostracized by most of your family. Don't tell me you fantasize about this crap.

No, my mom and dad are too old and fat. If they were much better looking, then maybe.

On the other hand, my brother is kind of attractive...

new_guy_64
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Mar 2007, 3:26 pm

RichardL wrote:
new_guy_64 wrote:
RichardL wrote:
new_guy_64 wrote:
RichardL wrote:
new_guy_64 wrote:
RichardL wrote:

You believe that porking your own mom is morally acceptable! Having sex with her would totally destroy your

relationship with your dad and you'd probably be ostracized by most of your family. Don't tell me you fantasize about this crap.

No, my mom and dad are too old and fat. If they were much better looking, then maybe.

That's more than just a little creepy. Do know that this is perverted and not natural? You need to have a healthier interest in girls.

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 4:05 pm

new_guy_64 wrote:
RichardL wrote:

That's more than just a little creepy. Do know that this is perverted and not natural? You need to have a healthier interest in girls.

Or boys, as the case may be.

I don't care which way he swings, as long as the swing is attached to something other than the family tree :wink:

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 4:09 pm

I felt uncomfortable reading the story - then when I got to the part about them having 4 children, I felt downright queasy. And two of the four do have developmental problems.

From a sociological standpoint, there are certain taboos that make most people uncomfortable to contemplate; incest and cannibalism being two.

Pug
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2007, 4:28 pm

new_guy_64 wrote:
Pug wrote:
I don't oppose nor even disagree, if they're lovers, I don't see why not marry.
If they're really willing to have kids, unadopted, okay to me. It's not as if the chance to have disabled kids is that much bigger for them than for non-related couples.
Moreover, if you say it is bad for the kids anyway, go tell that to 40+ women willing to have a kid too. The chance they'll have a disabled kid is very big indeed.

Dude, there's a 50% chance that a child of siblings will have birth defects, whereas children of unrelated couples have a 3 to 4 percent chance of having birth defects. I don't think you fully grasp the statistics of birth defects for children born of consanguineous couples.

Oh but I do fully grasp the statistics. So, heir kids appear to have epilepsy (the boy) and 'stange lusts' (the girl). If those are supposed to be the disabilities...big deal. Epilepsy is very wide, and most epileptics won't even have serious problems with it, and strange lusts...okay. They're not missing a limb or so. Every person has some kind of disability.
Look, I don't support incest or so, but if they truly love each other, they should be told the consequences but no law nor judge should prevent it.

RichardL
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2007, 4:36 pm

janicka wrote:
new_guy_64 wrote:
RichardL wrote:

Or boys, as the case may be.

I don't care which way he swings, as long as the swing is attached to something other than the family tree :wink:

Yes, I am gay.

Even if the swing is attached to the family tree, you still shouldn't care how I swing.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 4:38 pm

Wot's next ??

Some bloke wants the right to marry a sheep?

RichardL
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2007, 4:45 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Wot's next ??

Some bloke wants the right to marry a sheep?

I don't see anything wrong with it.

sun_rat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Mar 2007, 5:32 pm

some folks have been arguing without studying the two articles.

1) how can it be gross to them when they weren't even raised knowing that the other existed? they were strangers to each other until he was 23 and she was 18. if you read the news stories you would see where some studies show that children (even unrelated) raised together did not develop sexual interest in each other at all. you think sex with your sibling is gross because you were raised with them. familiarity breeds contempt, as it were.

2) the child with epilepsy was born 2 months premature and that sometimes happens with premature births and is not necessarily genetic.

i don't have a problem with it.

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 5:48 pm

RichardL wrote:
Yes, I am gay.

Even if the swing is attached to the family tree, you still shouldn't care how I swing.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was pointing out to New_Guy_64 that he should be encouraging you to seek non-familial relationships with the person of your choice (as opposed to just girls). I don't think that homosexuality is taboo or disgusting or anything like that - it's how you were born. I do, however, think incest is disgusting, morally reprehensable, and unnatural.

RichardL
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2007, 5:52 pm

janicka wrote:
RichardL wrote:
Yes, I am gay.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was pointing out to New_Guy_64 that he should be encouraging you to seek non-familial relationships with the person of your choice (as opposed to just girls). I don't think that homosexuality is taboo or disgusting or anything like that - it's how you were born. I do, however, think incest is disgusting, morally reprehensable, and unnatural.

Why would you think like that? :?