Page 4 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2015, 11:50 am

eric76 wrote:
Barchan wrote:
eric76 wrote:
While drawing a gun COULD be an act of hostility in limited circumstances, it is not an act of hostility and violence in other cases.

Are you serious? If you draw a gun on someone, you're threatening them. You're not even supposed to bring a gun to school, let alone draw it.

[edit]: I just realized I totally misunderstood the meaning of the word "draw." I thought you meant like, to draw a gun from its holster.

Oh. That clears it up. There have been a number of cases of kids drawing guns in school that were for drawing them with pencil (or pen or crayon) and paper. One kid even got into trouble for eating a cookie or pop tart or something like that into the shape of a gun.

The kind of case where drawing (pencil and paper) a gun could be hostile was if it was used as kind of a threat. Such as drawing oneself holding a gun to someone's head.

So the kid should be locked up? I think a lot of kids have drawn pictures like that in the past, and will do so in the future. It doesn't mean they are going to turn into murderers, it just means they are drawing a picture.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2015, 1:51 pm

glebel wrote:
So the kid should be locked up? I think a lot of kids have drawn pictures like that in the past, and will do so in the future. It doesn't mean they are going to turn into murderers, it just means they are drawing a picture.

If they are drawing a picture of themselves holding a firearm to the head of another student or staff, that is certainly a threatening sign that should be investigated.

Locked up? No. But it should get some attention to see if there is something going on.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2015, 12:50 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Seriously, now: THE THOUSANDS OF WHITE KIDS NOT GETTING REWARDED FOR GETTING ARRESTED OR EXPELLED ISN'T RACISM!! ! !

Yeah, it is.

You know why? Because Ahmed was singled out afterwards entirely on his minority status.

That's not fair to the thousands of white kids.

Treating people differently to other people based purely on a specific trait is bigotry/racism (a trait that isn't related to their character). You might not like it, but that's how it works.

If you want to talk about "privilege" (heh, I'm privileged with autism, on disability and living at home as a 34 year old? Right. Don't bring up silly stuff like I can purchase flesh toned band-aids; they don't blend with my skin any better than brown/black people), you should look at Ahmed. A rich kid getting showered with more wealth simply because he's of a different religion/skin tone.

SO HOW MANY OTHER KIDS BROUGHT DIGITAL CLOCKS TO THAT SCHOOL THAT DAY?

If none then how can you say the boy was singled out for his race? You can't.

How many other children have been arrested for clocks and of these how many were identified as Muslim? None.

This whole thing is nothing but a made up B.S. story being fed to the American people to sway their emotions. Disgusting government propaganda!! !!

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2015, 2:53 pm

ZenDen wrote:

Wrist watches are clocks. These days, most wrist watches ARE digital.

So I would assume that quite a few kids take digital clocks to school on any given day.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2015, 12:06 pm

eric76 wrote:
ZenDen wrote:

Wrist watches are clocks. These days, most wrist watches ARE digital.

So I would assume that quite a few kids take digital clocks to school on any given day.

Wristwatches are "timepieces."

Clocks are "timepieces."

Wristwatches are timepieces we wear (generally) on our wrists (note the coincidence of names).

Clocks are timepieces generally used in some fixed position (i.e. wall, table, etc.), and NOT on our wrists (try it sometime :) ).

Therefore, because I believe your "assumption" is based on incorrect definitions, I reject your statement on the basis of flapperinerary. :D

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2015, 1:06 pm

:)

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 10:48 am

eric76 wrote:

:)

Book him Danno, he's carrying something that might be a bomb! And he's white, we can get away with harassing him!

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2015, 12:27 pm

Thanks for the image...it was perfect. :D

But back to the subject at hand. How has it been shown the kid was discriminated against?

Someone thought this would make a great "discrimination" story and publicized it...Wasn't this called "muckraking" journalism at one time?

Another phony story about Muslims being picked on. Whoever does their PR is great.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2015, 6:14 am

ZenDen wrote:
Thanks for the image...it was perfect. :D

But back to the subject at hand. How has it been shown the kid was discriminated against?

Someone thought this would make a great "discrimination" story and publicized it...Wasn't this called "muckraking" journalism at one time?

Another phony story about Muslims being picked on. Whoever does their PR is great.

I think it the story was created by Muslim organizations like CAIR who basically saw an opportunity and siezed on it.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2015, 7:39 pm

AntDog wrote:
Good riddance, it was another one of those race things that Obama often does to try and make whites feel guilty about everything.
His father has connections to the dictatorial president of Sudan. His sister was suspended for making bomb threats a couple years ago. The clock was not built but actually token apart in a manner knowing that it would look suspicious. The police acted in the appropriate manner and what happens, the entire town receives death threats, gets scolded by celebrities and Obama. While clock boy got free stuff from Microsoft praise from Zuckerburg and a visit to Middle Eastern leaders and the White House.

Clock boy and his family now want 15 million of OUR taxdollars!! !
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... taxpayers/
I hope Donald Trump puts them on the no entry list.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2015, 8:33 pm

Cool lawsuit, Ahmed.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 2:56 am

To be honest, the clock doesn't look like a clock at first sight.

Quote:
Qatar Foundation school

That's a very esteemed school in Qatar, not for the poor indeed.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 1:19 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Not much of a clock. Without any explosives, real or fake, it certainly doesn't look like a bomb at all.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 5:57 pm

eric76 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Not much of a clock. Without any explosives, real or fake, it certainly doesn't look like a bomb at all.

Display, circuit board, power supply = clock
Display, circuit board, power supply + explosives = movie bomb
'Tomorrowland' = different kind of movie bomb

What the kid brought to school was some electronics in a box.

'Raw' electronics - and kids who hobby with them (ie Arduinos, Raspberry Pi, etc) are not uncommon.

Should he have been suspended? Depends on whether students are allowed to bring projects to school.

Should the police have been called? No, that's ridiculous.

Was $15M USD worth of damage done to the child? That's even more ridiculous.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 2:20 am

Edenthiel wrote:

While it certainly does appear in hindsight that the decision to call the police was an over reaction, here in Australia we have a 1800 toll free number to report any suspicious activity that may be terrorist related
http://www.nationalsecurity.gov.au/What ... tline.aspx

I think the US has a homeland security number for a similar purpose

As both our governments encourage reporting suspicious activity, then I think the boy's family will have a tough time justifying compensatory damages...

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 3:37 am

Edenthiel wrote:

Hell, you can get crippling injuries in car accidents which aren't your fault and receive literally nothing; no more than tens of thousands.

Going for any ridiculous amount here is pretty much taking advantage of the situation. Even grand psychological trauma that resulted in very disabling PTSD for life isn't worth more than hundreds of thousands, and that needs a very large burden of proof. The kid doesn't look traumatized at all.

He should just be more than thankful for the positive attention and gifts he already received, not to mention already being more privileged than most in regards to wealth.