Page 4 of 16 [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2024, 12:00 am

First response from police/Intelligence to the press

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2024, 12:05 am

Nothing new - they know the shooter is 20yr old from Pennsylvania and it looks they have his ID but are delaying releasing his bio till more intell is collected

No motive yet but some minor hints at a white van and possibility the shooter was not acting alone.

Also unsubstantiated reports that the shooter was IDd on a roof holding his AR15 150m from trump, allegations no action was taken.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2024, 12:20 am

If what I’m seeing on social media is true, the shooter was a registered Republican.

People now get to clown MAGA for blaming the left, and this now makes even less sense.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2024, 12:26 am

Yep! leaked - 20yr old thomas Matthew Crooks (trigger warning)

https://nypost.com/2024/07/13/us-news/t ... -pa-rally/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2024, 12:30 am

Background of Thomas Matthew Crooks Thomas Matthew Crooks, a resident of Bethel Park, a village located about 40 miles south of Butler, came into the spotlight on Saturday evening when he opened fire on Trump during an outdoor rally near Pittsburgh.

Crooks positioned himself strategically on the rooftop of a nearby manufacturing plant, approximately 130 yards away from the rally stage at Butler Farm Show grounds. Some X users immediately started digging his background. According to social media posts, Thomas Matthew Crooks was a Republican. The parents of Trump shooter are both behavioral counsellors licensed with the state of PA.

Photos of his lifeless body lying on a roof doing the rounds - I will refrain from posting those

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2024, 12:32 am

From his social media page

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2024, 12:34 am

cyberdad wrote:
So based on the fact trump is still alive, we can cross out the elites....

That's my thought.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2024, 12:40 am

cyberdad wrote:
Background of Thomas Matthew Crooks Thomas Matthew Crooks, a resident of Bethel Park, a village located about 40 miles south of Butler, came into the spotlight on Saturday evening when he opened fire on Trump during an outdoor rally near Pittsburgh.

Crooks positioned himself strategically on the rooftop of a nearby manufacturing plant, approximately 130 yards away from the rally stage at Butler Farm Show grounds. Some X users immediately started digging his background. According to social media posts, Thomas Matthew Crooks was a Republican. The parents of Trump shooter are both behavioral counsellors licensed with the state of PA.

Photos of his lifeless body lying on a roof doing the rounds - I will refrain from posting those

If he's a Republican, was he a Never Trumper? Possibly mentally ill? I'm leaning more towards the latter at the moment, though that might change with new information.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2024, 1:11 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
If he's a Republican, was he a Never Trumper? Possibly mentally ill? I'm leaning more towards the latter at the moment, though that might change with new information.

More to this than what we are seeing. Both his parents are licenced therapists.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2024, 1:27 am

evidence the feds/security were caught napping

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2024, 2:02 am

cyberdad wrote:
trump's first speech after the shooting:

"I want to thank The United States Secret Service, and all of Law Enforcement, for their rapid response on the shooting that just took place in Butler, Pennsylvania. Most importantly, I want to extend my condolences to the family of the person at the Rally who was killed, and also to the family of another person that was badly injured. It is incredible that such an act can take place in our Country. Nothing is known at this time about the shooter, who is now dead. I was shot with a bullet that pierced the upper part of my right ear. I knew immediately that something was wrong in that I heard a whizzing sound, shots, and immediately felt the bullet ripping through the skin. Much bleeding took place, so I realized then what was happening. GOD BLESS AMERICA!"

Pretty Good sounding, almost as if a speech writer was "on call" for such events. Trump never missed a step ..
And maybe Trump might parlay this into a way to suspend the second Amendment too. Or provisions off it .
And , the rifle used was an assualt rifle of course, AR 15 just by the way,
So what is more revolent here ? The Gun Used ...or...."Why" the shooter tried such a thing. How did he get radicalized?
And you might think after a Assasination attempt , a normal person might need a day or two to reflect./ recover Trump is No spring Chicken either. :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2024, 2:35 am

8O

where ever you go ,there you are

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2024, 2:49 am

Jakki wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
trump's first speech after the shooting:

"I want to thank The United States Secret Service, and all of Law Enforcement, for their rapid response on the shooting that just took place in Butler, Pennsylvania. Most importantly, I want to extend my condolences to the family of the person at the Rally who was killed, and also to the family of another person that was badly injured. It is incredible that such an act can take place in our Country. Nothing is known at this time about the shooter, who is now dead. I was shot with a bullet that pierced the upper part of my right ear. I knew immediately that something was wrong in that I heard a whizzing sound, shots, and immediately felt the bullet ripping through the skin. Much bleeding took place, so I realized then what was happening. GOD BLESS AMERICA!"

Pretty Good sounding, almost as if a speech writer was "on call" for such events. Trump never missed a step ..
And maybe Trump might parlay this into a way to suspend the second Amendment too. Or provisions off it .
And , the rifle used was an assualt rifle of course, AR 15 just by the way,
So what is more revolent here ? The Gun Used ...or...."Why" the shooter tried such a thing. How did he get radicalized?
And you might think after a Assasination attempt , a normal person might need a day or two to reflect./ recover Trump is No spring Chicken either. :roll:

AR-15s are not assault rifles

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2024, 3:13 am

Here’s What Is Known About the Suspected Gunman

Quote:
The gunman did not have a criminal history reflected in Pennsylvania’s public court records, and officials said they had not identified a motive. A voter-registration record showed that Mr. Crooks was registered as a Republican, though federal campaign-finance records show he donated $15 to the Progressive Turnout Project, a liberal voter turnout group, through the Democratic donation platform ActBlue in January 2021.

Early on Sunday morning, law-enforcement officers had closed down all roads leading toward the home of the suspect’s family in Bethel Park, south of Pittsburgh and about an hour’s drive from the site of the rally in Butler. Numerous relatives did not respond to messages seeking comment.

Mr. Crooks appears to have graduated in 2022 from Bethel Park High School, which has about 1,400 students, and received a $500 “star award” that year from the National Math and Science Initiative, according to The Tribune-Review in western Pennsylvania.

In an online recording of the 2022 graduation ceremony, Mr. Crooks can be seen crossing the stage to modest applause after his name is called out, a slender young man with glasses in a black graduation gown who briefly posed with a school official and accepts his diploma.

A security breach of the highest order. As noted above rallygoers alerted law enforcement about Crooks before he started shooting and for such high-profile political figures all rooftops in the vicinity are usually cleared and law enforcement deployed.

My guess is since several generations have passed since assassinations and assassination attempts of political leaders via shooting were a regular part of American life laziness entered the picture.
November 1963 - President Kennedy assassinated
February 1965 - Malcolm X assassinated
April 1968 - Martin Luther King assassinated
June 1968 - Robert Kennedy assassinated. The closest resemblance to the Trump incident in that Kennedy had likely secured his party's nomination with a win in the California primary that night.
May 1972 - Presidential candidate George Wallace shot and paralyzed for life
September 1975 - 2 separate attempts on the life of President Ford
March 1981 - President Reagan seriously wounded and his Press secretary paralyzed for life

Since then
February 2011 - Congresswoman Gabby Giffords was seriously wounded in a mass shooting at her constituent meeting that killed 6 and injured 13.
June 2017 - Congressman Steve Scalise seriously wounded and 5 others were shot at the annual Congressional Baseball game.
January 2021- Insurrection although what the rioters would have done or not done had they gotten to Democrats and Pence is unclear.

Since the 1963-1981 period terrorism and riots have taken the spotlight(there were plenty of terrorism and riots then)

Relevant to today the assassin of Robert Kennedy was a Palestinian motivated by Kennedy's support of Israel, specifically his support of the sale of fighter jets to Israel.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 14 Jul 2024, 3:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2024, 3:22 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Here’s What Is Known About the Suspected Gunman
Quote:
The gunman did not have a criminal history reflected in Pennsylvania’s public court records, and officials said they had not identified a motive. A voter-registration record showed that Mr. Crooks was registered as a Republican, though federal campaign-finance records show he donated $15 to the Progressive Turnout Project, a liberal voter turnout group, through the Democratic donation platform ActBlue in January 2021.

Early on Sunday morning, law-enforcement officers had closed down all roads leading toward the home of the suspect’s family in Bethel Park, south of Pittsburgh and about an hour’s drive from the site of the rally in Butler. Numerous relatives did not respond to messages seeking comment.

Mr. Crooks appears to have graduated in 2022 from Bethel Park High School, which has about 1,400 students, and received a $500 “star award” that year from the National Math and Science Initiative, according to The Tribune-Review in western Pennsylvania.

In an online recording of the 2022 graduation ceremony, Mr. Crooks can be seen crossing the stage to modest applause after his name is called out, a slender young man with glasses in a black graduation gown who briefly posed with a school official and accepts his diploma.

A security breach of the highest order. For such high profile figures all rooftops in the vicinity are cleared and law enforcement deployed.

My guess is since several generations have passed since assassinations and assassination attempts of political leaders via shooting were a regular part of American life laziness entered the picture.
November 1963 - President Kennedy assassinated
February 1965 - Malcolm X assassinated
April 1968 - Martin Luther King assassinated
June 1968 - Robert Kennedy assassinated. The closest resemblance to the Trump incident in that Kennedy had likely secured his party's nomination with a win in the California primary that night.
May 1972 - Presidential candidate George Wallace shot and paralyzed for life
September 1975 - 2 attempted assassination attempts on the life of President Ford
March 1981 - President Reagan and seriously wounded his Press secretary paralyzed for life

Since then
February 2011 - Congresswoman Gabby Giffords was seriously wounded in a mass shooting at her constituent meeting that killed 6 and injured 13.
June 2017 - Congressman Steve Scalise seriously wounded and 5 others were shot at the annual Congressional Baseball game.
January 2021- Insurrection although what the rioters would have done or not done had they gotten to Democrats and Pence is unclear.

Since the 1963-1981 period terrorism and riots have taken the spotlight(there were plenty of terrorism and riots then)

Relevant to today the assassin of Robert Kennedy was a Palestinian motivated by Kennedy's support of Israel, specifically his support of the sale of fighter jets to Israel.

Just as a side note, while Reagan's press secretary had been shot in the head, he hadn't been paralyzed, though he did have to relearn how to walk and talk again.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2024, 3:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Just as a side note, while Reagan's press secretary had been shot in the head, he hadn't been paralyzed, though he did have to relearn how to walk and talk again.

Thanks for the correction.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman