Sweetleaf wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Aside from the evulz to be had from such a prank,

So psychopathic humour again?

Dox47 wrote:
it probably would take the OWS people down a peg when the video of them fighting each other over the cash hit the media. I'd make some one liner about wealth redistribution if asked about it too, just to really savor the moment.
Yes true, but that wouldn't be bullying or snide mockery, it would be explosing the duplicity of other people, if that is the way they would react. So in fact it wouldn't be bad at all. It would be f***ing funny.

Apparently its ok because they are all 'losers' who don't deserve the air they breath...I wish that was not the message I am getting but it sure looks like it.
Sweetleaf, I feel the same. I don't think seeing the system die or a radical solution is in order, but the fact is that we're going to have to beat aside the self-interest of the business community if we don't want to end up like the Byzantines.

Or maybe we should become the germanic tribes across the limes?

I would certainly prefer the germanic tribes....I kind of feel like the system probably won't improve so the only other option seems to be for it to die as it seems to be doing.

Then I will endeavour to found the franks!

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 6:22 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Having thought about it a little bit more, the devil on my shoulder suggests that an even more insulting thing to have dropped would have been money. If I was a wealthy stockbroker type attending an event where OWS was protesting, I'd be awfully tempted to get $10k or so in singles and dump it on the protesters, having tipped off the news first of course. Aside from the evulz to be had from such a prank, it probably would take the OWS people down a peg when the video of them fighting each other over the cash hit the media. I'd make some one liner about wealth redistribution if asked about it too, just to really savor the moment.

They didn't do that because that wouldn't be as insulting and it probably wouldn't pan out as you so desire. Who wants to make a poor Apple store cashier count up a soggy wad of 400 ones for a new i-pad? They'd collect it all into a pile and burn it while giving you the double middle finger solute.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 12:00 am

marshall wrote:
They didn't do that because that wouldn't be as insulting and it probably wouldn't pan out as you so desire. Who wants to make a poor Apple store cashier count up a soggy wad of 400 ones for a new i-pad? They'd collect it all into a pile and burn it while giving you the double middle finger solute.

I doubt it, but unless you've got a bunch of spare singles lying about to test the theory I don't suppose it can be proven either way.

- Rick Sanchez

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 6:47 am

Dox47 wrote:
marshall wrote:

I doubt it, but unless you've got a bunch of spare singles lying about to test the theory I don't suppose it can be proven either way.
They would at least be dealing with monetary inflation.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 11:51 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Quote:
What? That contradicts basic economic theory. Have you ever heard of the circular flow of income? It certainly doesn't mean what you are saying.

How does the circular flow of income support the idea that putting loads of money into public services a good idea?

Sir, apparently you never took an economics course. GDP = C + I + G + (X-Im)

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 8:09 pm

Dox47 wrote:
marshall wrote:

They're lefties. They'd at least try to divide it evenly among themselves. You're just assuming they'd be total hypocrites.

In any case greedily stuffing your clothing with wads of ones would be way too obvious. Throw some bigger bills, like 50s and 100s, and more people would be tempted to act selfishly because it wouldn't be so conspicuous.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 8:19 pm

John_Browning wrote:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

In the middle of an Occupy Chicago teach-in this week, traders at the Chicago Board of Trade dumped several sheets of paper on top of the heads of protesters below. Demonstrators were angered to find out they were showered with employment applications for McDonald’s.

“Real class acts, the Chicago Board of Trade,” tweeted Occupy Chicago. “This week, it’s McDonald’s job applications they litter from the windows. Soulless place.”

This is the second incident between the two groups, following Chicago Board of Trade’s “We Are The 1%” missive plastered on their windows last month.

Washington Times freelancer Peter Bella reports that unlike other cities, the Occupy Chicago movement “does not have a permanent encampment. They have a one half block stretch each on LaSalle Street and Jackson Boulevard,” across the street from the Board Of Trade, and have been relatively peaceful.

Here are the sheets the traders dropped on demonstrators:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/traders-from-chicago-board-of-trade-dump-mcdonalds-applications-on-occupy-chicago-protesters/

It's an act of pure arrogance on behalf of Chicago Board of Trade similar to Marie Antoinette's proclamation "Let them eat cake!" It''s typical attitude of the elite. They don't care if there aren't enough jobs to go around and the economy is bad which means things can only get worse. If no one cares how can it possibly get better?