Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

keriEFC
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 May 2010, 11:22 am

Ive just voted. Looking forward to anything other than Tory or BNP. Is everyone else using their vote today in the UK?

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 11:44 am

Will be as soon as I get away from work
Nick Clegg for PM :) :) :)

Long time Liberal Democrat here.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 11:53 am

Today is it? Since moving to France I can't vote in either country. :(

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 12:02 pm

If you are a UK citizen you can vote in the UK election, even if you don't have a fixed address there is a procedure fore that.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 12:09 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
If you are a UK citizen you can vote in the UK election, even if you don't have a fixed address there is a procedure fore that.

Then why can't I vote? The stupid 18 year old age limit prevents me from doing so.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 1:03 pm

^^Greetings everyone. I believe I have happily voted also and I voted for the Labour Party. I certainly wished to vote for the Green Party, however I believe no poor candidate was available within my area.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 1:44 pm

Yes, I voted Lib-Dem.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 1:52 pm

I voted UKIP.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 2:03 pm

^ We could somehow see it coming... -grin-

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 2:34 pm

I'm a Yank. I did watch big excerpts of two debates on C-Span.

It seemed Gordo was drained of energy.

And Nick seemed to be theory-laden (theory says we should do A, therefore do A . . . but messy facts of real life sure have a way of intruding!)

---------------

And now that it's been mentioned, kind of surprising that the Green Party is not bigger in the UK (although from seeing how disorganized the Green Party is here in the states, maybe not so surprising!)

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 3:09 pm

I voted Lib-Dem. I've actually been doing so for years,long before their recent surge in the wake of Nick Clegg's new-found popularity.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 4:38 pm

I voted Lib Dem, as ever, in the absence of a suitable far-left candidate. The choice in this constituency being fascist scum (BNP), far right loonies (UKIP), right wing bastards (Tory), incompetently right wing betraying Judases (Judii?) (Labour :twisted: ) and mostly harmless centrists (Lib Dem).

It doesn't really matter, though, because people here instinctively and overwhelmingly vote Labour, having somehow failed to notice that Labour now bears no relation to the party that their ancestors in the nth generation have been voting for. :cry: In fact, no, scratch that, they do realise, and they still vote for them anyway. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The year is still young.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 4:50 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
I voted Lib Dem, as ever, in the absence of a suitable far-left candidate. The choice in this constituency being fascist scum (BNP), far right loonies (UKIP), right wing bastards (Tory), incompetently right wing betraying Judases (Judii?) (Labour :twisted: ) and mostly harmless centrists (Lib Dem).

It doesn't really matter, though, because people here instinctively and overwhelmingly vote Labour, having somehow failed to notice that Labour now bears no relation to the party that their ancestors in the nth generation have been voting for. :cry: In fact, no, scratch that, they do realise, and they still vote for them anyway. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Our town council has been taken over by Westminster, such is its inherent crapness.. and its predominantly Labour, with Labour MPs..yet STILL people here think voting Labour is a good move. Its like some kind of panic-reaction to the word "Thatcher" from mining communities that haven't been mining communities for decades...

keriEFC
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 May 2010, 5:02 pm

Its looking like a hung parliament so far.......personally i hope Labour stay in power

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2010, 5:07 pm

I'm too young to vote, but I'm a Lib Dem supporter. Having seen the exit polls with the Tories in the lead, I'm now in melodramatic "I'm moving to Spain" mode :P

A lot of people at my school are in favour of the Lib Dems as well (my friend says that young people only like them because they want to legalise weed. He might be right, actually). We had a school election, and the Lib Dem candidate won with 53% of the vote. I hope this is reflected in the real results.

y es como un semestre"

keriEFC
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 May 2010, 6:06 pm

What an absolute farce....people registered to vote but names not on the polling list so couldnt vote, 100's of people turned away from polling stations after queuing for hours to vote..its outrageous!! And Jeremy Paxman irritates the life out of me!