Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

eliotraincloud
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jan 2011, 1:30 pm

Hello everybody,
Eliotraincloud the newbie here!
Note: (Read before watching please)
Before you click the link please be aware that younger or more sensitive viewers may be upset by what you see.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GyW-jsuCbU
This video was recorded by the teacher's aide, you could argue that her not preventing the teacher from continuing was a bad thing but you could also say what she did was smart. She has got a video here that highlights the issue of Autistics, and non-speaking or generally disabled children being abused.
If you go onto YouTube and watch this video you can see many videos showing examples of children and teenagers just like the one in the video being treated like this because the teachers want to take their anger out on them knowing they can't say a thing or fight back or can't control the child. They cannot justify such things happening: They are abusing weak children and teenagers.
I thought I'd share with you this link because it seemed suitable for this sort of forum. Apologies to anybody who has posted this link here before, if it has been posted here before,
Thanks for reading :)

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 5:31 pm

This is horrible and yet sadly so common. In some cases, the teachers will resort to really awful lows to deal with autistic kids. There was a case in Indianapolis where a teacher actually tried to poison an autistic student to prevent him from going on a field trip by feeding him something he was allergic to. And the worse part is that very few teachers get the book thrown at them for this kind of behavior. There's always dumb loopholes or excuses being made for their actions instead of stopping it in its tracks.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2011, 5:35 pm

Can someone give me a sense of what happens in the video?

Kimmy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Feb 2011, 3:42 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
Can someone give me a sense of what happens in the video?

The teacher Slaps the student and then shouts at him.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 4:00 pm

I'd say what the teachers aid did was smart, personally if I had been in that situation I would have gotten up and done to the teacher what she did to the kid, which wouldn't have been so smart.

I'll admit as much as this view may be disliked; looking after disabled kids is difficult, I worked as a teachers aid teaching disabled kids and it was very challenging (worse I saw was the teacher generally babying the disabled kids who were more than capable of tasks given to them), my ex-step-sister is also autistic and pretty destructive with it, which gets you in a really bad mood at times. BUT you never ever hit or shout at a kid like that, any child, least of all a disabled child, less so again with autistic kids who may be particularly traumatised by something like that - never an excuse.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 4:14 pm

I think it's right that the person videotaped this. You have evidence this way and it's good not only for the justice system, but for bringing light into this s**t. This is f*****g sickening and I hope she's in prison now.

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 2:50 am

That is a completely out of control person. A complete out and out over-reaction not to mention criminal, demeaning, wrong, counteractive etc.

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 12:50 am

I was thinking about this again today. The 'teacher' should be sat down and screamed at and slapped in the face hard when she's not expecting it, until she 'gets' the irony of that being the wrong thing to do when you want other people to do what you want right?
In fact I'll do it :x

utherdoul
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2011, 3:02 pm

nostromo wrote:
I was thinking about this again today. The 'teacher' should be sat down and screamed at and slapped in the face hard when she's not expecting it, until she 'gets' the irony of that being the wrong thing to do when you want other people to do what you want right?
In fact I'll do it :x

I know something much better fire her without pay or benifits. If her union protests fire them too.