UK varsities asked to inform police about Muslim students...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2011, 3:31 am

UK universities asked to inform police about Muslim students vulnerable to terrorism

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2011/aug/29/university-inform-vulnerable-muslim-students

http://truthdive.com/2011/08/30/UK-varsities-asked-to-inform-police-about-vulnerable-Muslim-students.html

http://abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&id=262852

'Depressed' or 'isolated'. Muslim aspie students in UK under threat?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2011, 5:37 am

I'm not sure they have too much to be worried about - if they have nothing to hide. Wikileaks just revealed 6 Australians of interest to the US government over international security threats and 4 of them are women.

Under the current climate it's only fair given universities are recruiting grounds for politically orientated individuals.

To7m
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Sep 2011, 9:40 am

Call me extreme, but I would go as far as to say that the universities should not only report Muslims students vulnerable to terrorism, but also, all other religious and non-religious students vulnerable to terrorism. I understand that this may be controversial, but based on the headline, people would be powerless if a non-Muslim were to practice bomb-making in a field.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2011, 10:19 pm

To7m wrote:
Call me extreme, but I would go as far as to say that the universities should not only report Muslims students vulnerable to terrorism, but also, all other religious and non-religious students vulnerable to terrorism. I understand that this may be controversial, but based on the headline, people would be powerless if a non-Muslim were to practice bomb-making in a field.

Would be hard to justify, also turn our happy little democracies into police states. In Australia we have a 1800 number toll free to report "any" suspicious activity ostensibly to prevent a 9-11 type attack on Australian soil.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2011, 11:40 pm

Normally I'd be in favor of it, but they are trying to use the same one-size-fits-all BS strategy that rarely ever even flags anyone3 for early diversion much less catches anyone with a plan. They all propose the same strategy and the same press conferences, and people still snap because they and the mental health professionals as well don't know anything about the subject matter. If they blame loners for terrorism, using the same logic they could blame skateboarders for vandalism or cheerleaders for STDs, and they would get about equal results from programs targeting each group. I'm not denying the UK has a really high risk of another Islamic terrorist attack from the inside, but this method of trying to find them is total crap!

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud