Sherman Hemsley has moved on up...to heaven

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 2:15 am

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/-the-jefferson ... at-74.html

Two Trivia facts about the Jefferson's:

1. In real life, Isabel Sanford (who played Weezie) was over 20 years older than Sherman Hemsley. But their on-air chemistry was so good that nobody noticed or cared, and that it was replicated on Fresh Prince and the Old Navy and Denny's commercials

2. Florence (Marla Gibbs' character) had a spin-off called Checking In, which aired for only 4 weeks in 1981. Her character returned to the Jeffersons. This is a very rare instance of a character returning to the parent series after a failed spinoff. Other examples are Enos (Dukes of Hazzard), and Grady (Sanford and Son).

Also, in the opening credits of his other well-known series, "Amen", the sign in his parking space that said "Don't even THINK about parking here" is actually available to order at sign shops (for governments needing to replace street signs).

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 11:38 pm

A great guy, seemed very modest. A loss for all Americans, and it saddens me that the press is almost ignoring the whole thing. Now of course we had a shooting in Colorado but still...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 2:16 am

heaven's repertory company is getting mighty full and ready to overflow, i'm guessing that at least some new arrivals will have to go down below. ;)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2012, 2:37 am

As a kid,I used to watch The Jeffersons, and All In The Family where George Jefferson had first appeared as a foil to Archie Bunker, and so I have very fond memories of Sherman Hemsley. He and the whole cast on both shows had made me laugh hysterically, and for that, I will miss him.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer