Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2006, 6:37 pm

I'm trying to get my head round this story. Ex Russian spy poisoned in suishi establishment. Right well the restaurant is Itsu one of my favourites I love the conveyor belt with the suishi on. As all the customers select food at random how did the poisoner know which food Litvinenko was going to choose? Is an employee at Itsu responsible. Poor guy.

What really annoyed me was that my dad said he was poisoned with "valium" yes that powerful highly toxic substance used in ant and rodent killers...
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/20112006/356/e ... -life.html

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2006, 6:38 pm

I thought Valium was a relaxing barbiturate.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2006, 7:21 pm

Thallium n Valium are two waaaay different substances, guys.

willow
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2006, 11:18 pm

diseased wrote:
Thallium n Valium are two waaaay different substances, guys.

QFT.

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2006, 7:05 am

Of course! I was making a sarcastic joke at my dad for not distinguishing between Thallium and Valium. Had the Russian been poisoned with valium he would be dead or recovering after a stomach pump. Thallium is highly toxic, and was a lethal chemical once used in pest control.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2006, 4:38 pm

Was also the poison of choice of Graham Frederick Young.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2006, 11:31 am

I thought it was arsenic that went with sea food and thallium for pork and beef :D

Thallium is very nasty stuff with no antidote and you don't die right away you get to lay in the hospital knowing it's coming for a few days and knowing there is nothing to be done about it

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2006, 8:51 am

Update.
Sadly Alexander Litvinenko passed away last night. His last words were "they got me". Poor guy.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

24 Nov 2006, 10:11 am

And they have no idea what toxin was used.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2006, 4:44 pm

The BBC has the poison as polonium-210 not something you can get at your local drug store.
If it was Thallium it could have been almost anybody the use of something like this narrows it down a bit and points more towards a government

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2006, 6:47 am

This story is getting a hell of a lot of amplification, everyone who ate suishi that week thinks they're radioactive!

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2006, 1:00 pm

parts wrote:
The BBC has the poison as polonium-210 not something you can get at your local drug store.
If it was Thallium it could have been almost anybody the use of something like this narrows it down a bit and points more towards a government

It was Polonium 210. It's extremely rare and could only have come from a government that's a Nuclear power. Kind of narrows it down doesn't it! :wink:

janicka
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2006, 4:35 pm

fresco wrote:
This story is getting a hell of a lot of amplification, everyone who ate suishi that week thinks they're radioactive!

Aren't they finding this Polonium-210 in all sorts of places that this guy was?

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2006, 5:05 pm

yeah.

and of course Putin is denying it.

so who they gonna put the blame on? Iran? ahahaha.

sorry, I only say that cause I was the one in my Foreign Policy class of 10, senior year of high school whose plans for fixing the mid east problem, was bomb back to the stone age Iraq and Iran, then move troops in there and westernize it. I'm very liberal in my thinking, and it irritates my parents, since they're dems and I'm a republican. and it irritates my aunt whose a teacher.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

27 Nov 2006, 9:02 pm

janicka wrote:
fresco wrote:

Aren't they finding this Polonium-210 in all sorts of places that this guy was?

polonium-210, suishi(japanese fish product) why do I hear this song in my mind:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVKySmZ-nPk[/youtube]

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2006, 11:51 pm

Gamester wrote:
yeah.

and of course Putin is denying it.

so who they gonna put the blame on? Iran? ahahaha.

sorry, I only say that cause I was the one in my Foreign Policy class of 10, senior year of high school whose plans for fixing the mid east problem, was bomb back to the stone age Iraq and Iran, then move troops in there and westernize it. I'm very liberal in my thinking, and it irritates my parents, since they're dems and I'm a republican. and it irritates my aunt whose a teacher.

Are you serious, or are you joking? Your proposed solution for the problems in the middle east sounds like a lot of what my ultra-conservative friends who are idiots (not all ultra-conservatives are idiots) would propose. Also, why do you call yourself "very liberal" and a Republican in the same sentence; if you are serious, you must find yourself in unique political times indeed.