The ranks of the powerful attract pedophiles

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 9:53 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... cades.html

It looks like very powerful people (in the U.K., at least) routinely engaged in child sexual abuse..

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2014, 10:27 pm

That's really sick,got the jack,get away with what you want.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 2:18 am

Maybe it's just a matter of 20/20 hindsight, but didn't Jimmy Saville strike anyone else as the stereotypical creepy pedophile?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2014, 8:23 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Maybe it's just a matter of 20/20 hindsight, but didn't Jimmy Saville strike anyone else as the stereotypical creepy pedophile?

I had never heard of him until after his death and the allegations emerged. I followed a link to a youtube video of him doing some kind of song for a kids show that was indeed quite creepy with references that a kid would not normally understand.

MrGrumpy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jul 2014, 1:40 pm

beneficii wrote:
It looks like very powerful people (in the U.K., at least) routinely engaged in child sexual abuse..

Are you seriously suggesting that the problem is confined to the UK?

Arcanyn
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jul 2014, 11:47 am

I think it's just standard psychopath behaviour; they seek out positions of power over others so they can do whatever they like, and get away with things they otherwise wouldn't have got away with.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2014, 12:20 pm

Arcanyn wrote:
I think it's just standard psychopath behaviour; they seek out positions of power over others so they can do whatever they like, and get away with things they otherwise wouldn't have got away with.

More likely, they are at all levels. It's just that these were in positions of power.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2014, 12:36 pm

The worst I have heard of were in the children's homes on the Channel Islands of Jersey and Guernsey.

From http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1580284/Secrets-and-terror-of-Jersey-care-home.html:

Quote:
Over the course of the past seven days, the horror of what allegedly went on within the austere Victorian edifice has slowly unfolded, beginning with the discovery of a child's skull buried under a concrete floor.

More sinister revelations have followed each day - the discovery of a bricked-up cellar and, inside it, a concrete bath and a set of shackles in which it is claimed naked boys and girls were held prisoner while they waited to be sexually and physically assaulted. Yesterday, another dungeon-like chamber was found beneath a trapdoor.

The "deep, dark place" described by many of the 160-plus alleged victims who have now contacted police was exactly as they had last seen it more than 20 years ago and, as police prepare to break into two more cellars, the belief is that they will soon discover the remains of more children who "went missing" from the home. Outside, in the swirling fog that has shrouded parts of the island this week, officers are digging up nearby fields where it is feared yet more remains may have been buried.

We now know Jersey's most shameful secret: that for the last 50 years, child abuse thrived in Haut de la Garenne and, after its closure in 1986, in a succession of other schools and institutions. Many of the accused and the guilty still live on this tiny island, which measures nine miles by five, and Jersey must ultimately answer two questions: how many of its 90,000 population knew what was going on, and why did none of them do anything about it?

One of the alleged victims who has contacted the police, a woman identified as "Pamela", and now aged 49, claims: "Rape was rife for boys and girls of all ages. Some weekends, staff held parties, and other people would come and drink at the home. They knew how to pick out the weak ones. All of us would try to lie very still in our beds and try not to attract attention."

Peter Hannaford, 59, an orphan who spent the first 12 years of his life at the home, alleges that rape and torture "happened every night and happened to everyone".

There were allegations that wealthy visitors on yachts could "borrow" children for the day to take them out on their yachts. The children weren't there to enjoy a day on the water.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2014, 2:52 pm

Messed. Up.

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2014, 2:23 am

MrGrumpy wrote:
beneficii wrote:

It most certainly isn't. This youtube shows a huge conspiracy here in the states that was to be aired on the Discovery Channel. It was pulled and NEVER broadcast. This went on for YEARS and the children who later ratted and complained were jailed for longer then the perpetrator! Very sad as all these stories are. The rich and powerful have always done things like this throughout history. Not all of them of course but they cover for one another.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asvl6kO1Vo8[/youtube]

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2014, 11:51 am

It is outrageous. And what is more, the current UK government tried to cover it up by appointing a woman who's brother would have known about this peadophile ring in the 1980's to try to see if there had been a cover up!! !

Fortunately, the woman has stepped down, and so the government must appoint someone else to investigate.

No one in the UK trusts them anyhow, but knowing they are a bunch of child molesters is the final straw.

MrGrumpy
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jul 2014, 10:42 am

Robdemanc wrote:
It is outrageous. And what is more, the current UK government tried to cover it up by appointing a woman who's brother would have known about this peadophile ring in the 1980's to try to see if there had been a cover up!! !

Fortunately, the woman has stepped down, and so the government must appoint someone else to investigate.

No one in the UK trusts them anyhow, but knowing they are a bunch of child molesters is the final straw.

The 1980s acceptance of paedophilia seems to have been accepted, at the time, by politicians and show business alike. But it is only a very small number of ageing show business people who have so far paid a price - no politician, nor any other member of the 'establishment' has yet faced charges.

It would be very nice to think that this sort of thing will no longer take place, but human nature cannot be changed as easily we might like to believe.

What will the new scandals be, and when and how will they be revealed?

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 12:52 pm

KB8CWB wrote:
MrGrumpy wrote:
beneficii wrote:

It most certainly isn't. This youtube shows a huge conspiracy here in the states that was to be aired on the Discovery Channel. It was pulled and NEVER broadcast. This went on for YEARS and the children who later ratted and complained were jailed for longer then the perpetrator! Very sad as all these stories are. The rich and powerful have always done things like this throughout history. Not all of them of course but they cover for one another.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asvl6kO1Vo8[/youtube]

Alas, the video was removed claiming copyright.

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2014, 2:12 pm

More likely censored. They have been trying to keep this under wrap for years. I knew I should have downloaded a copy of it. :(

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2014, 8:10 pm

What shocked was seeing how many film stars and celebs defended Polanski http://www.imdb.com/list/ls000021488/ the problem is probably far far worse than we even suspect. These celebrities are openly admitting to the fact that they believe that a man's artistic achievements render him immune to prosecution for the rape of a 13 year old girl. W.T.H :!: I'd heard comments suggesting that she was "asking for it"!

Clearly our "rarefied castes" have a good number of individuals in their ranks who believe that age of consent is just "puritanical moralising"

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2014, 8:51 pm

Why do people seek to become powerful, if not to control and dominate others? It only makes sense that people who pursue power also seek vulnerable people to subjugate. No surprise that this leads some of them to become pedophiles.