Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2015, 8:03 pm

Peeple app for rating human beings causes uproar

Quote:
A new app that promises to let users review individuals has caused controversy before it has even launched.
Peeple will allow members to give star ratings to people they know via the app, much as restaurants and hotels are rated on sites such as Yelp.
The app has caused uproar online, with web users describing it as "creepy" and "terrifying".
Peeple's founders say they will pre-screen for negative abuse.
However, users will not be able to delete comments made about them. Nor will they be able to remove themselves from the site once on it...

I can't imagine joining such a site. Unless you're in some kind of business. Unless others can put you on the list, which would be awful.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 1:34 pm

I don't like that idea at all, afraid it will take cyber-bullying to a whole new level.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 9:55 pm

Meow Meow Beenz?

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2015, 6:44 pm

friend of mine had the idea of a dating app, in which you never get to see your own profile, but your friends get to write it for you. he was fully aware that, while some might actually consider using it , innocently, it would be a plaything for horrible teenagers. he thought of it as a joke for the internet.
the ting that really surprises me about peeple is that it seems like it's not supposed to be a joke.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 10:41 am

Is anyone here familiar with Grinder? I don't go out anymore now that I have a toddler, but when I did, most of my friends were gay men. A couple of them used this disturbing dating app on their phones where they had profiles and bluetooth enabling, so they could see who they thought was cute and how close they were at that particular moment. We'd all be sitting in our booth as friends having a nice dinner and all of a sudden one of them would start looking at his phone and then looking around, then go talk to some stranger! It was horrible, gross, and I'm still surprised no one I know has died from it!

I agree, these things aren't a good idea.