Muslim Doctor Denied German Citizenship For Refusing To Shak

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 6:36 pm

Quote:
Muslim Doctor Denied German Citizenship For Refusing To Shake Woman's Hand At Final Stage.

A Muslim doctor has been denied German citizenship after refusing to shake a woman's hand when she gave him his certificate.

The 39-year-old Lebanese national was on the brink of becoming a German after living in the country for 13 years, completing his medical studies and passing a citizenship test with the highest possible mark.

But he failed at the final hurdle after refusing to shake the hand of the female official at the ceremony in 2015, leading state authorities to deny him citizenship.

Five years later, a court has backed their decision - saying the man's 'fundamentalist' views were at odds with his integration into German society.

The man had moved to Germany in 2002 and lived there legally ever since, marrying a woman of Syrian origin about 10 years ago - promising her that he would never take the hand of another woman

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 7:06 pm

Do you suppose he is autistic and is taking his pledge literally? :)

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 10:13 pm

Such a weird story.

Now with COVID19 he's in the majority.

Be the hero of your life.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 10:54 pm

blazingstar wrote:
Do you suppose he is autistic and is taking his pledge literally? :)

More of an excuse is my best guess. ;)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2020, 10:56 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Such a weird story.

Now with COVID19 he's in the majority.

There was no "Covid" argument to be seen, I believe.
It had to do with fundamentalist religious beliefs. 8)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2020, 1:59 pm

What an idiot, but yeah it's no uncommon among the married Muslim Shia in Lebanon. When greeting an opposite sex they put hand on chest - it's their way of 'shaking hands' with opposite sex, devout veiled women do the same.

Veiled women used to confuse me and embarrass me, some shake hands some don't; now I just wait their move first.

Btw, this is a Jewish law.

https://www.chabad.org/library/article_ ... dshake.htm

Islam = Arabized Judaism. They are two most alike religions in the world.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 23 Oct 2020, 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2020, 2:10 pm

That reminds me of an incident, there was a popular coworker in my former workplace, he is a devout muslim but was really normal with everyone, he used to hug his female friends and so on...etc.

But he became way worse once he got engaged to a veiled woman (A HOTTIE who was not hajabi! lol)

We were both invited to a coworker wedding; he came with his fiancée; while introducing her to the group (whom are all Christians except me - I am culturally-muslim atheist) he did that 'hand on chest' move while greeting the ladies, she did the same with the men. The group took big offense of the move as they didn't understand it, and me tried to explain them that it was not a hostile move.

It was a disastrous cultural shock...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2020, 9:23 pm

I am certain the Germans wouldn't do this to an orthodox jewish male who is required to follow the same taboo. Imagine the cries of anti-semitism.

I personally think the German woman over-reacted and they could have just bowed and acknowledged each other. Kind of stupid.