Germany Responds to Donald Trump's Debate Comments

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 6:11 pm

Summarize, please?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 10:10 pm

Fnord wrote:
Summarize, please?

I think the German government responded to trump's assertion Germany can't get sufficient energy after closing down the Nordstream pipeline from Russia and additionally closing down nuclear and coal power stations. Germany now claim > 50% of their energy needs are getting sourced from renewables.

trump is referring to the spike in energy cost and lack of supply following the shutting off the Russian pipelines. However within 12 months the prices stabilised due to the Germans sourcing alternatives.
https://www.cleanenergywire.org/news/en ... s-analysis

Sounds like a success story rather than a tale of caution as trump is insinuating. Although I agree with trump, the decision of Biden to help Ukrainians destroy the pipeline wasn't exactly something that benefited the German people.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 11:10 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Sounds like a success story rather than a tale of caution as Trump is insinuating.
Maybe Trump is concerned that Putin has lost a major source of income to finance his conquest of Europe.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2024, 4:15 am

Good for Germany. I hate Trump even more.