Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 6:03 pm

Former drummer for Nirvana and lead singer of Foo Fighters Dave Grohl recently came forward with news he fathered a love child
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/c ... 0741cf268f

I guess he wanted to announce before rumours got to press. But Grohl has been busy spreading his seed and now an Australian woman has come forward that she too had Grohl's baby
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/m ... 5c368933c9

While rock stars and actors fathering illegitimate kids was not unheard of in the old days. In 2024 it comes across a little icky for a 55 year old man to be doing this with young women old enough to be his daughter. It also illustrates a phenomena since the 1960s of young women who follow stars and seek clout over the number of high profile men they slept with. Grohl llooks like he's a few years away from a retirement home but like Hugh Hefner, women still throw themselves at him because he's famous.

bsickler
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Sep 2024, 6:38 pm

Looks like he’s got another confession to make

Joking aside, as a fan of his I am really disappointed. His music has gotten me through some tough times.

I still love his music, and I’ll still listen to it / enjoy it but I won’t be supporting him financially (buying music, merchandise etc) anymore.

Out of all of the “internet good guys”, who’s left? I think we’re down to… Tom Hanks and Keanu Reeves? Anybody else?

Carbonhalo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 6:47 pm

As long as he's supporting them and being a father as much as the mothers will allow, I don't think it matters how many kids or to whom.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 6:51 pm

Was the woman an adult? If so, I don't really care. I don't care about age gaps inherently, only when they mean one partner is too young to make an informed choice. I'm a lot less concerned with age gaps in the context of hookups as well given that they're short lived and reduce the potential for long-term manipulation because of their short duration.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 8:16 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Was the woman an adult? If so, I don't really care. I don't care about age gaps inherently, only when they mean one partner is too young to make an informed choice. I'm a lot less concerned with age gaps in the context of hookups as well given that they're short lived and reduce the potential for long-term manipulation because of their short duration.

Good question? I have no idea how old they were.
Given Priscilla Presley's age (how was it that Elvis was never arrested?) it would not be surprising some underaged girls still see it as a badge of honour.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2024, 8:17 pm

bsickler wrote:
Looks like he’s got another confession to make

Joking aside, as a fan of his I am really disappointed. His music has gotten me through some tough times.

I still love his music, and I’ll still listen to it / enjoy it but I won’t be supporting him financially (buying music, merchandise etc) anymore.

Out of all of the “internet good guys”, who’s left? I think we’re down to… Tom Hanks and Keanu Reeves? Anybody else?

Yeah I'm a fan of both Nirvana and the "Foos". Dave get's a pass from me.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 2:05 am

Ok so it looks like the Aussie girl was somewhere around 18-19 when 55 year old Grohl started sleeping with her. She's 20 now. I guess that's not a good look.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 2:25 am

cyberdad wrote:
Ok so it looks like the Aussie girl was somewhere around 18-19 when 55 year old Grohl started sleeping with her. She's 20 now. I guess that's not a good look.
I don't know what the Age of Majority is in Australia, but if she was a legally consenting adult at the time of conception, then there is really no objection to it . . . other than the squick factor, of course.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 2:39 am

Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
I don't know what the Age of Majority is in Australia, but if she was a legally consenting adult at the time of conception, then there is really no objection to it . . . other than the squick factor, of course.

Legally he's in the clear, but his eldest daughter is about the same age. Not sure what was going through his head?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 5:39 am

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Legally he's in the clear, but his eldest daughter is about the same age. Not sure what was going through his head?
Thus the squick factor.

Squick is a slang term for something that causes psychological discomfort or disgust.  It originated from Usenet newsgroups and is often used in online discussions of taboo or controversial topics.

S O U R C E 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 5:58 am

Just like a typical hippie. They love to spread seed.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 8:11 am

A rock star...commit adultery????

I am shocked!

But since were on the subject...how far does he hafta go before he catches up to Nick Cannon...seed spreadingwise?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 8:28 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
A rock star...commit adultery????

I am shocked!

Exactly.

cyberdad wrote:
Not sure what was going through his head?

That is not the part of his body he was thinking with.

What should be done?

That is up to his wife and children. None of my BI business.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 8:38 pm

to be honest I'm not interested in Grohl's thought process so much. His current wife says he cheated on her early in their relationship so he has a history, plus he knows his status as a rock legend means despite being a geriatric old man he can still pull 18 yr olds, and apart from the two he impregnated, I am fairly sure he's been indulging himself regularly when he goes overseas now.

I am more interested in the thought process of women (and often teens) who throw themselves at such men.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

15 Sep 2024, 7:27 am

! Cornflake wrote:
So now this pearl-clutching and moralising exercise, with its implications of under-age sexual activity appears to be over - can we please return to normal services and leave this event to Dave Grohl and his family to deal with?

Sometimes posts here read like they're lifted from the Daily Mail - or the Aussie equivalent. :roll: