Reporter hit by fragment U.S. Senate candidate fires rifle

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 4:23 am

NBC News live election blog

Quote:
A reporter with an NBC affiliate in Missouri was injured by a fragment when Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Lucas Kunce was firing an AR-style rifle, Kunce and the television station said today.

The reporter, Ryan Gamboa of KSHB of Kansas City, sustained a minor injury, and first aid was given at the scene by Kunce and others, according to the station and Kunce.

Kunce is challenging Republican Sen. Josh Hawley.

“Always have your first aid kit handy. Shrapnel can always fly when you hit a target like today, and you’ve got to be ready to go,” Kunce wrote on X after the incident at a campaign event in Holt.

“We had four first aid kits, so we were able to take care of the situation, and I’m glad Ryan is okay and was able to continue reporting,” Kunce added.

KSHB reported that it was unclear whether the fragment was from a bullet or something else.

Hawley, elected in 2018, is running for re-election. Kunce is a Marine veteran who beat three other candidates in the Democratic primary this year.

Hawley joked about the incident on social media. He wrote on X, "While Kunce was busy shooting at reporters, Erin and I were traveling the state …," followed by a promotional video for his own campaign.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman