Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Laura
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jan 2006, 8:48 pm

Hi
I'm going to high school this year and i'm not nervous i'm more thinking about the same mishaps every year. Im 13 and hate school i would do any thing to get out off it i know there so there ways to get a education other then go to school. The main problem is i hate kids at school and i know i am going to go to school come home feeling like crap %99.95 of the time and im going to get depressed about it and as i get tired from only sleeping 4 hours the night before because of my sleep problem i hav always had since i was a baby. I try telling my mum this but she sys that if i want to be a Archeologist then i will have to but school pisses me off to much for word to say.

misfit24_7
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jan 2006, 9:11 pm

Hi Laura,

I hope you don't mind an adult jumping in on this to help you out. I am 40 years old, but I remember what it was like going to school. I hated in from kindergarten until the day I graduated. I never really had good friends in school. Most of the kids around, and even some of the teachers, made my life miserable. I never did fit in with anybody. My advice is not to give up. It is hard to imagine, but things will get better. I have been going to therapy and I am taking antidepressant medicines and it does make a difference. When I was 25 I met the man that I would be spending the rest of my life with. I never thought it would be possible for a man to fall in love with me. We have 3 beautiful children(I never thought that chance would come my way). I feel good about motherhood because I am a loving, caring, supportive mother to them, not like my mother who would ignore my problems and made fun of my behavior(I know she loved me in her own way).

Take care. I hope this helped you to feel a little better.

Carol

can often behave in an unpredictable manner.

wandrew
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jan 2006, 3:04 am

Hi Laura:

I'm 42 and I hated school as well. I had to deal with people who thought I was ret*d and, because of my learning disabilities, I couldn't prove them wrong. The only good thing about the whole experience is that I survived it and emerged, like Phoenix, from the ashes.

If I were you, I'd talk to your Mom about enrolling in a private school or doing home schooling. Private schools tend to have smaller classes and the teachers tend to be higher caliber as well, so they can--and do--spend more time with each student. The biggest advantage to home schooling is that if there's a subject your Mom can't teach you about, she can bring in a tutor and/or you can get tutoring on-line. (I've often wondered why, with the advent of the Web, we hear so much about online college degrees but so little about online high school diplomas.)

If your Mom insists on you staying in school (I presume it is a public school) then the bad news is, you may have to grin and bear it. My advice then would be to find other students like yourself and befriend them. Join a club, like Chess or Physics or Drama. And--whatever you do--never, ever go to a pep rally. Cut out of school early, go to the library, do what you have to do to avoid those wastes of time promoted as "showing school spirit." It's BS. But then, a lot of stuff at school (and life) is BS.

Good luck to you. Please let us know how it works out.

Laura
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jan 2006, 7:45 pm

yeah well ive sirvived 9 years at school the next 5 i will have to bear it, it may not be that bad and im just thinking of how bad last year was to much.

l3entLife
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Mar 2006, 1:02 am

Hello there,

My name is Charli and I am a girl from Wisconsin. I understand how it may feel for you right now, because I was in the same situation years ago. I am a junior in high school now and I can tell you that there are so many things I regret about my past. One being, I didn't go to school often because I was sick of people bothering me...in the long run not attending school made my disability worse. Always remember, you are better then everybody else because you see the world in a way many people don't. AND that is something you should always be proud of.

hermm...I have one question. Do you live in a small town? If you do, are you going to school with the same kids year after year? I know it can be hard going to school with kids that have known you your whole life...so I would suggest if that was the case, to go to a big high school where you would be able to meet lots of new people. Because the good thing about meeting new people is that you have a clean slate, meaning you can be yourself around these people without having them judge you. Moving to a big school is what made my life so much easier. The teasing stopped and I was finally able to be myself. Although, now I am going to a boarding school and it has been a great move for me. (I would be happy to tell you more boarding school if you ever wanted to know.) Just remember, you are different for a reason and that is never something to beat yourself up over. You should be praising yourself for being able to see things out of the norm...and when people do get on your case, just f**** them. You know why? Because deep down they are just jealous…trust me. (I have met enough jealous losers in my lifetime.)
I hope me talking to you has made some sort of difference, and I am sorry that my message isn’t the greatest. It is 12am right now and I am super tired. Lol. If you ever want to talk to me about school issues, I would be more then happy to. BUT also do not feel obligated to have to talk to me either. Okay? Lol. Have a good night or morning where ever you are. :D

jefftheweatherman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Mar 2006, 2:05 am

hello fresman here as well

i dont think i ever hated school so bad that i never wanted to go everyone has their ups and down i think.

i am doing a program called independant learning. its where i go to meet with my advisor one a week then go home and do my work she assigns i would say its prety good if your not really into public school.

But i do have to take one class at a public highschool only one i cant do homeschooling.

you might like it if your good at being independant.

just some thoughts

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2006, 9:52 am

Laura wrote:
Hi
I'm going to high school this year and i'm not nervous i'm more thinking about the same mishaps every year. Im 13 and hate school i would do any thing to get out off it i know there so there ways to get a education other then go to school. The main problem is i hate kids at school and i know i am going to go to school come home feeling like crap %99.95 of the time and im going to get depressed about it and as i get tired from only sleeping 4 hours the night before because of my sleep problem i hav always had since i was a baby. I try telling my mum this but she sys that if i want to be a Archeologist then i will have to but school pisses me off to much for word to say.

I know how school can be like. I graduated High School last year and believe me I hated not so much the school but the people there. All through my times I went through school everyone picked at me. I hope you'll be able make through. You'll get the benefits of getting schooled in High School. Take care.

Laura
Toucan
Toucan

10 Mar 2006, 12:09 am

Thanks, I have been at school for a month and its going alright i suppose i have a few friends and nearly every boby knows me (for right or wrong reasons, i dont care). There are nearly no one from my older schools at my school.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2006, 11:21 pm

Holy crap! you sound like me. except chnage 13 to almost 15, and no sleep problem and my choice of proffession is doll designer. but holy crap...

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 9:45 am

ShadesOfMe wrote:
Holy crap! you sound like me. except chnage 13 to almost 15, and no sleep problem and my choice of proffession is doll designer. but holy crap...

Doll designer? You can get paid a lot of money for designing dolls? I never heard of that.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 6:56 pm

Think Mattel, think porcelain, think DOLLs. people love dolls. of course you can get money out of dolls. :D

Laura
Toucan
Toucan

15 Mar 2006, 2:17 am

Wow I feel special, with your no sleeping problem have you tried nearly all non-drug treatment that is supposed to make you sleep because i have most of them say that they help you sleep but they have never worked for me.

Personally I was never into dolls as a young lass, I was more into action men and army men because my only friend was a guy i suppose. I also loved lego I swear lego was one of the best inventions ever invented for kids unleashing there creative mind.
If you have MSN add me some time my email is in my profile.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2006, 9:34 am

ShadesOfMe wrote:
Think Mattel, think porcelain, think DOLLs. people love dolls. of course you can get money out of dolls. :D

Okay...I forgotten about those. What new designs are you going to come up with?

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2006, 4:04 pm

I've gone to school ten years now and trust me I still hate it. Sure, I have my few friends who I enjoy being around so the best way to get through high school is to find some great friends. Yes, there are the kids who pick on me, but they're jerks anyway. If you never find a friend in high school then keep yourself as busy as possible with school work. By the way what kind of sleeping problem do you have? I have a sleeping problem too, but I listen to my radio at night and put on the fan. The noise of the fan somehow relaxes me. I'm also saving up money to buy a noise therapy machine at Sharper Image and maybe that Eucalyptus Air purifier that relaxed me when I breathed in the air coming out of the machine.

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2006, 12:00 pm

I'm sure that things will go ok for you. Sadly no matter what school you go to you will have to deal with a few pinheads that feels compelled to hurt others just because they are different.

Tiktaalik
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Apr 2006, 3:09 pm

How big is your high school? That may be an important factor. I'm a senior at a large high school, and though I was tormented through middle school, by mid-freshman year I found a group to fall in with and life got a lot easier.