yes 42%  42%  [ 88 ]
no 58%  58%  [ 124 ]
Total votes : 212

L_Lawlliet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Dec 2009, 9:53 pm

do you believe in god??

i personally do not believe, but i want to know if you do...

today my family made me go to mass and to confess my sins to a priest, even though they know i do not believe. While i was in mass the priest kept saying things about how atheist people were wrong and looking at me all the time... that made my family get angry with me and somehow it made me feel kind of sad...

Und dir in jeder dunklen nacht erschein'
Und dann fliegen
wir weit weg von hier
Wir werden uns nie mehr verlier'n

leighsa
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Dec 2009, 10:04 pm

I believe in God, but confused by religion...

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2009, 11:14 pm

I'm starting to believe, I'm pretty positive that things don't happen random, there's a scheme, a reason for everything, if you accept it, surrender to it, you can find your peace, otherwise you will struggle. That's how I see things right now.

Edit: no organized religions at all

Tetraquartz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Dec 2009, 11:41 pm

It's unfortunate that conventional thought stems from "believing in God" and "Christianity" as belonging exclusively to Roman Catholicism, Protestantism, Calvinism, and other denominations. Believing in God also involves believing in his Word, the Bible, and only that.

FaithHopeCheese
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 12:01 am

L_Lawlliet wrote:
do you believe in god??

i personally do not believe, but i want to know if you do...

today my family made me go to mass and to confess my sins to a priest, even though they know i do not believe. While i was in mass the priest kept saying things about how atheist people were wrong and looking at me all the time... that made my family get angry with me and somehow it made me feel kind of sad...

I'm sorry for your situation. I don't believe in confessing to a priest because Jesus came to be our intercessor. I'm not a scholar, or a theologian or even a church-goer but my life experiences have taught me to have faith...See my name? :)

I won't debate my beliefs because I don't have the ability to change a person's heart, only God can do that. Christians are supposed to be living examples of the benefits of following Christ, not judging and condemning people. Jesus hated the religious people of his time for their rules and belief that you can earn salvation, AND their hypocrisy. Salvation can't be earned- it is a gift that simply has to be accepted. I'm not trying to be controversial but I guess the gospel is offensive. I know that I can never be innocent or perfect- the only thing I try to do is ask God to guide my steps. It's not an easy way to live; you have to make a choice everyday. Jesus isn't a pacifist - He didn't die because he didn't want to fight back. He knew his crucifixion was the purpose for his life. You have to choose him over all others if you are a follower--- That means even sacrificing something that means everything to you- a person or a comfort. I can see why people would rather not believe. It is NOT easy; I struggle everyday, and fail most of the time. I guess I am repeating myself at this point.

He came to set us free from rules and rituals---- but if he calls on you--- you can't be indecisive. You have to make a choice.... I wish people would consider who Jesus really is rather than looking at his 'supposed' representatives. Good luck to you on your journey.

It scares me to post this last final bit, but as I was writing, this verse kept going through my head so I feel like I must: "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose ye this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:15)"

Last edited by FaithHopeCheese on 26 Dec 2009, 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tetraquartz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Dec 2009, 12:10 am

FaithHopeCheese wrote:
<snip>
It scares me to post this last final bit, but as I was writing, this verse kept going through my head so I feel like I must: "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose ye this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. (Joshua 24:15)"

I'm glad you did say it. Sometimes it takes a lot to post things like this, because often there is a strong negative reaction, and for people who have social struggles, it's all the more tricky. Yet it's certainly possible! :)

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 11:44 am

i think that people wo believe in god are just as irational as people that are in asylum because voices tell them to do thing. schizophrenics. most people dont know what scizophrenics are so i explained. denieing the truth is crazy believing in god is denieing the truth. i think anyone who is religious should be ashamed. there stupid and insane.

Velonz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Dec 2009, 2:58 pm

I don't believe in God. I think it's highly unreasonable when we have modern science available to answer things that people used religion to answer in the past.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Dec 2009, 9:09 pm

Although I do not believe in any god(s) myself, I believe that those that do should be equally respected, as neither of us can prove our theories.

Last edited by nodice1996 on 27 Dec 2009, 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 9:41 pm

A reminder: this -is- in the Adolescent forum. Adults, if you need your PPR fix - go there.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

ajanin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Dec 2009, 12:00 am

FatihHopeCheese nailed it.

Yes I do beleive in God. I am fully capable of making my own decisions. I have seen the science side of things. I know about the big bang and evolution and I still beleive.

Schizophrenia? Seriously? I Facepalmed.

Tetraquartz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Dec 2009, 3:15 pm

Didn't even notice it was the adolescent section. I thought the comments were actually quite mature.
Okay, I'm out of here! :lol:

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 12:03 am

I dont believe in god becuase I dont see there to be any true, proof that god exists besides how can we justify which religion is correct. Many religious beliefs conflict with each other. How is Christianity anymore valid then any other religion out there. We all have our different beliefs and we should all have respect for peoples beliefs who differ from our own.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 12:12 am

Yes, I believe in God.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

FaithHopeCheese
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 7:55 am

Sorry I didn't notice it was in the adolescent forum....

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 4:55 pm

Nope.