Do you feel like your too mentally mature for your age?

Page 4 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

NextDoorLunatic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Sep 2012, 3:24 pm

In some ways yes, in some not.
I always felt like my peers were going through (probably puberty-related) phases of looking upon the words and behaving in a... well, "young" way that I just skipped. I was always kept more to myself.
In other ways... I still don't have a boyfriend and no clue how to flirt, for instance. I'm scared of talking to people on the phone that I do whatever it takes to avoid it, I don't have a part-time job and trouble doing many of the things that others seem to do without much effort - so, concerning these aspects, I'm pretty much behind.

khnk222

15 Dec 2012, 7:35 am

I feel like I am more mature than my peers, sometimes. I have interests in older video games that no one I know plays. I found myself reading a lot of political articles back before the election. I like watching documentaries about various subjects(history in general, random science) instead of something typical of a teen to watch on MTV or something like that. I kind of enjoy schoolwork now(I didn't like it nearly as much as a kid).

EtherealBallet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Dec 2012, 10:52 am

In some ways I suppose. I've been told I was well spoken quite a few times. If you compare me with my classmates I would say I am more mature than them in alot of ways but less mature in some.

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 10:56 am

when i was <25 i was more mature for my age. when i became >25 i was less mature for my i age. as a result i am stuck around 25 ever since. :lol:

EtherealBallet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Dec 2012, 11:12 am

khnk222 wrote:
I feel like I am more mature than my peers, sometimes. I have interests in older video games that no one I know plays. I found myself reading a lot of political articles back before the election. I like watching documentaries about various subjects(history in general, random science) instead of something typical of a teen to watch on MTV or something like that. I kind of enjoy schoolwork now(I didn't like it nearly as much as a kid).
I love documentaries! I don't watch any of the stuff my classmates watch. Speaking of which I remember how the judge the X-factor. Those who they percieve to be pretty are who they like best. The same day someone said that gills could be formed by cutting slits in the neck. I thought "That is not how gills work."

shelbylyn96
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2012, 7:25 pm

I'm kinda both. I like childish things like disney movies. But I always feel like people older then me are much easier to talk to. My psychiatrist said its because teenagers are unpredictable with what they are going to say or do but adults are much easier to read.

Zaswe12
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Dec 2012, 3:21 am

I think mentally I'm a 50 year old man, I sort of feel like I am to continue on my Dad's life. Before he died, I didn't know him too well, but after I found myself having the same interests as him and opinions, it's like he lives inside of me.

Sparrow40k
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jan 2013, 8:03 pm

Beaux wrote:
Sometimes, but I usually just think that everyone else is mentally immature. :P

Same here.

Raj2442
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jan 2013, 3:04 am

I'm not trying to sound arrogant, but yeah. A lot of other people in my life have said so too.

ILMusic97
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jan 2013, 12:24 am

YES.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 8:14 am

I did, but it's sort of reversing I think!

physicsnut42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2013, 9:07 am

Sparrow40k wrote:
Beaux wrote:
Sometimes, but I usually just think that everyone else is mentally immature. :P

Same here.

Me too.

ShadowAspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Jan 2013, 2:49 pm

DuneyBlues wrote:
I do feel like I am too mentally mature , My personality is introverted and I see life at unusual angles.
I'm into Complex Algebraic Nonlinear Topogeometric Dynamics - I'm particularly interested in Navier-Stokes Turbulence.
All my friends like to talk about is sex , girls , how school sucks , and the latest videogames.
Why do I feel so different , I can't find people with similar interests.

finally some1 who feels the same way, do u ever feel lik ur too smart to b around people ur own age, lik in a high school setting?

TheQuietDreamerx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jan 2013, 1:04 pm

I sometimes feel like a 30yo trapped in a 13yo's body... :roll:

MantisFace
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jan 2013, 6:54 pm

I tend to describe myself as "a mix of a five year old and a forty year old" because I like to color with crayons and play like a kid, but I also spend a large portion of my time developing complex political and philosophical views.

Phenom
Raven
Raven

23 Jan 2013, 10:08 pm

Yes. It makes trying Socialize with NT's really hard, because not only am I quirky, but the fact that I'm more mature than most Just makes me stick out SOOO much.... I don't want to have to play myself down to "fit in"; Its very difficult sometimes.